What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Offer the house to Shanny

Tressel only if a package deal with Gordon Gee (assuming he is still alive).

Interesting choice to go after Shanahan. He knows the pro system and people in the mile high like him.
Any discussion must also include a fair assessment of Dan Reeves, Red Miller, and Josh McDaniels, too.

Peyton Manning really nailed that Nationwide insurance commercial. Does anyone know what Peyton had for breakfast this morning?

Duh...Chicken Parmy.....
pc-peyton-thumb3.jpg

I get the reasoning, but I would counter that even pro-style offenses with top talent can struggle at the college level. Stanford basically won 8 games last season via defense. Bama made the playoffs incorporating some spread concepts.

The question is is Shanny smart enough, networked enough coaching wise, to bring in the right staff that can recruit AND run an offense that can win in college? My guess would be that he could. But why in gods name would he want to put himself thru all that?

You buff fans are ridiculous. You wonder why the stadium has 10K empty seats every game. You think just getting facilities is going to get recruits. Well news flash EVERYONE HAS FACILITIES!!!!! We need a real coach and system. Until then, have fun wallowing in bottom of Pac12 South.
I'm sure a top HS QB recruit is going to come to CU when he watches the same offense he is playing in HS. Fricking Joke!!! Try to get a discussion going on a topic and you ftards turn it into something else. YACFO!!!
"You buff fans..." so far in this thread you want small pink and angry to come in and run the 'bone?

I'll have what he's having.

First in with Mike Ditka, who is not completely out of the question because he is still alive as recently as Wikipedia's last update.

Go Da' Buffs!

Last edited by a moderator:
Since we'll all throwing up different ideas, how about finding a hot Texas high school coach. Seemed to work for TCU and f*** Bailer.

You buff fans are ridiculous. You wonder why the stadium has 10K empty seats every game. You think just getting facilities is going to get recruits. Well news flash EVERYONE HAS FACILITIES!!!!! We need a real coach and system. Until then, have fun wallowing in bottom of Pac12 South.
I'm sure a top HS QB recruit is going to come to CU when he watches the same offense he is playing in HS. Fricking Joke!!! Try to get a discussion going on a topic and you ftards turn it into something else. YACFO!!!
Conflicted much?

Saw Shanny at his restaurant a few weeks ago. He looked pretty old and hasn't coached college in at least 30 years.
Very bad idea.

Last edited:
What a horrendous idea. When was the last time Shanny coached college? Good grief. This is as bad as the Dave Logan talk someone throws out every season.

Time to pitch a TV series to Larry Scott and the Pac12 Network again:

Title: So You Think You Can Coach!

Blind Audition rounds have 3 judges listen to potential CU head coaches listen to why they are uniquely qualified to coach the Buffs

A field of top 32 candidates go head to head in competition through a grueling agenda that includes important skills such as:
-Recruiting high schoolers & their moms
-In-game play calling
-Organizing and running practices
-Compliance
-Media & Booster Relations

Three celebrity judges provide critiques at the end of each round.

Voters from around the country text and tweet their favorites.

Winner of the competition is given the opportunity to be CU's next coach.

I have always thought that Shanny would be a better college coach than pro coach.

He is a motivator and great at exploiting the weaknesses of opponents. I think he would communicate and work well with college players. He would also excell at the part of the college game that involves building relationships with boosters and with HS coaches. He is a big enough name to get the attention of potential recruits and of potential assistants. Since he is a control freak being the man in charge of the program would suit him well.

My concern with him would be that he would have problems adjusting to the college game. He would want his NFL assistants instead of college guys who have been recruiting. He would want players to do things you can't teach in 20 hours a week. One of the complaints people have is that he overloaded pro players.

Could he adjust to the low level of talent he would find at CU? Could he resist the urge to cheat to gain an advantage?

A few years back when he was discussed as a candidate for Florida I think he would have been a great choice. For CU right now I don't think it would work.

I think it's a great idea.

Does Elway have any eligibility left? I think TD left Georgia early...

He would not want to recruit.

This, he wouldn't put up with the BS he'd want kids to recruit themselves to him because he is such a genius. Other coaches would out work him - could be fairbanks 2.0

I say hire Russell Lovett, Lee Foliaki, Darrell Scott and Lynn Katoa to right the ship...we need more former Buffs running the asylum.

Back