What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2013 CU @ Utah Game Thread

I mean, honestly... what was MacIntyre doing in the 4th quarter? Certainly not coaching to win.

I disagreed with so many coaching decisions.

But at the end, we were in a position where we had a shot with the ball to tie this thing up after being down 21 at the half.

I'm so ****ing frustrated. Part of me, though, is shaking my head and wondering if HCMM manipulated that game to keep us in it and give us a chance even though we were outmanned.

Well, I picked 4 wins but quite frankly I expected wins against CSU, CAU, and 2 conference wins. I expected a loss to Fresno. Regardless, we looked more competitive in the conference games, however hard that may be to be believe.

3-9 or 4-8 would have been realistic with Fresno scheduled. The first two were must-wins, which we got though they were hard fought. Oregon State and Utah were possibilities but it was clear our defense wasn't clicking yet in the OSU game and we got torched. Much better effort today except the offense did not look inspired in the least until we were losing badly.

Fresno would've given us a Dirty Sanchez though.

Hated the onside kick. With 3 TOs? Terrible call. The D had been solid in the second half. We knew they were going to run it. That put us in a nearly no-win position with 90 yards to go. This game was all on the coaches. We're way undersized yet hung in there. RZ play calling atrocious.

They should take the next few weeks off to get through finals. After that I expect them to be in the weight room. Would be disappointed in Coach Mac if he continues with Severson and Spruce as the KO returner and Punt returner next season. We also need a TE.

Two more wins then I expected, although some of that had to do with the Fresno State game getting cancelled. Still, the team competed late in the year more, I guess. Won't find out until next year if it was actual progress or moral victories.

Definitely not confident in a lot of Mac's game decisions. Way too conservative imo

Some very questionable decisions in the 4th quarter. Utah is a team that has lost some games late. Put the pressure on them and make them win, not just hold on.

The decision to punt on 4th and 3 around mid-field I think sends a bad message to the team. Some of the playcalling in the redzone killed us.

You can point at a number of things that contributed to this loss. PRichs drop on the first drive of the game. The lack of Adkins running the ball. On and on.

Don't know if we would have won either way but I would have preferred to see us be more agressive in the second half.

I predicted 3 wins for this team before the season and I think that's what we would have ended up with if we had played Fresno. Still a lot of signs that the team is much better than last year. Biggest is that the players didn't quit in most games before halftime and sometimes before the game started.

I also see some of our best players being our youngest guys. PRich will be a huge loss. He is the one gamebreaker we saw this year but we have a number of other young guys who are major steps up from last year.

Our defense should be better next year. Gillam with a year of experience and Rippy adding some speed we haven't had at LB will make us better. We lose CUD but he has been a dissapointment this year as well as Bonsu. The rest of the DL is young guys who should be helped a lot by another year of S&C work. We need to find somebody though who can rush the passer. Our corners for better or worse will be back and I like our frosh safeties better than Orms.

On offense Sefo has some work to do but the experience he got this year should help him a great deal. Adkins looks good at RB and Powell looks healthy. We also have a couple young guys behind them. Spruce come on nicely this year. Ross showed a couple flashes, hopefully he and Bobo can pick up some of what we lose in PRich. TE has got to get better, for most of this year it was a non-factor. The biggest area that needs to be dealt with, the black hole of the team is the OL. I'm hoping that Irwin is as good as rumors say. We didn't have a single lineman this year who could be counted on to dominate. If Harris gets another year that would help as well meaning that we would have Irwin, Harris, and Crabb as building blocks. Munyer is okay but I'm not sold and I don't think Nembot is ever going to get it at OT. A quality JUCO or two would be a huge help here.

Shoulda woulda coulda oh well. I had us at 4 wins but missing Fresno helped with that. Hope we see improvement next season. Still concerned with a lot of positions, OL, QB, WR, OLB and S to name a few....need to work on RZ plays big time...

I don't understand how everyone says how small we are and yet there was the mandate of the D line losing weight over the summer.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

I don't understand how everyone says how small we are and yet there was the mandate of the D line losing weight over the summer.

Where we seem small to me is in the back seven.

All those guys seem to either be too short or too skinny.

Do you seriously not understand the difference between good and bad weight or are you just trying to be clever?

Do you seriously not understand the difference between good and bad weight or are you just trying to be clever?

Under Embree/Brown they were trying to go with the NFL model of having a couple big tubs of goo in the middle that teams had to run around giving the LBs time to get to them.

Doesn't work in college, especially when your LBs are fast enough to get there on time.

This years interior DL was lighter but much quicker. As most of them are younger players it wouldn't be a surprise to see them put on 10-15 lbs of good weight in the offseason and come back bigger but still more mobile than they were last year.

Where we seem small to me is in the back seven.

All those guys seem to either be too short or too skinny.

Truthfully... You are right. I've seen all the Utah PAC 12 home games and my seats are right behind the opponents bench... you guys are small for the PAC.

CU always plays Utah hard. This year was no exception. Even getting down early didn't keep the Buffs from playing hard and fighting back to make it a game.

CU fans represented well and actually had pretty good numbers at this game.

This Ute squad is decimated. Our backup quarterback Schulz is trying his ass off... just don't have any confidence in the kid. We were not going to burn the red-shirt of our freshman Conner Manning under any circumstance except left with absolutely no other choice.

See ya next year in Boulder and hopefully both of our teams will be improved.

Couple i-phone pics from today's game.

Utah-CU2013006_zpse2b674c9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Utah-CU2013002_zps518ac4d7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

agreed. That one made no sense at all.
I agree. I think you go deep there and hope for 3 and out and the ball at the 35 or 40. But it's easy to second guess. We got the bounce on the kick. Just didn't go our way. I also didn't mind the punt. I'm not smart enough to second guess the coach. AND THE CONGREGATION SAID......?

So much growth this season versus last. That makes me all the more pissed at the result of this game. Score a td in the first half, ugh inside the 10 and cannot score. Make it 21-7 at the half and this is a different game.

As I said, a lot of growth this season. Something to build on but we desparetly need some bigger lineman on both sides of the ball.

It went about the way I thought it would. Let's hope for some good surprises in the recruiting cycle.

If p-rich comes back for whatever reason, we may have to deify him. Without him , I don't see a bowl game next year. With him, it is an outside chance.

Back