What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

***Official 2013 Signing Day Pac-12 Commitment Tracker***

Well, the good news here is that USC is the only school that's truly separating themselves from the rest of the Pac-12. Washington has a nice class going, but it'll be interesting to see if they can hold on to everyone. Outside of their RB's, Oregon's not putting together the type of class they've come to expect, with USC and Washington taking so many of the CA kids. UCLA's class is solid, Stanford's looks very good, even though it's small so far, and the loss of Savaiinaea hurts if he does end up going elsewhere. Cal's class looks a whole lot like our's did before the run of OL commits.

Now, as USC starts to fill up, I'm sure more kids will move on to plan B schools and we'll see more UCLA, Oregon, and Washington commits, but as things stand, USC is the only class that really stands out so far. If we can see some success on the field this year, I think we could see recruiting be competitive with most of the rest of the conference pretty quickly.

Anyone have an issue with Sean Combs allowing his son to take a scholarship from UCLA when he's worth $550 million? There are kids who need that scholarship much more then he does and since UCLA is a public university the California tax payers are essentially subsidizing his son's college education. I understand that his son earned the scholarship but he could have taken some solace in that fact and then let someone else use it.

Anyone have an issue with Sean Combs allowing his son to take a scholarship from UCLA when he's worth $550 million? There are kids who need that scholarship much more then he does and since UCLA is a public university the California tax payers are essentially subsidizing his son's college education. I understand that his son earned the scholarship but he could have taken some solace in that fact and then let someone else use it.

Actually glad that he took it. We don't want to see a situation where some school can tuck 20 would be scholarship players on their roster (105 team size - 85 scholarships) because of rich parents who are boosters or even some creative benefits.

He doesn't have a profile so i'll just put this here. Ryan Rubley a QB from Highlands Ranch is committed to Tulsa. He gets 3 stars from ESPN and 247 Sports, 2 stars from Scout, and is unrated by Rivals. Had no other offers. He's the 14th player from Colorado to committ to a D-1 school so far this cycle.

Updated the lists and here are my thoughts on how the classes stack up against each other as the season nears:

1. USC-There is no doubt which team is leading the pack. Potentially a historically good class that Kiffin and crew are assembling. Doubtful anyone else in the conference will even come close.
2. Oregon-Not a surprise the Ducks are recruiting at a high level. Lots of speed and athleticism being assembled on the offensive side of the ball in this class. Will be interesting to see what happens on the defensive side of the ball to help close out the class. The #2 spot in these rankings will be up for grabs all the way to signing day.
3. Stanford-More quality than quantity at this juncture for the Cardinal. They have got three very impressive LBs in the fold and might not be done, as they recently picked up contact with Kevin Palma (read: bad news for the Buffs). As always, a lot will depend on how the admissions decisions go here as signing day nears.
4. Washington-Sarkisian's new coaching hires are paying big dividends. Impressive start thus far and they are still in contention for several top west coast prospects. Lots of bigger, athletic players in this class. Potentially the second best PAC-12 class by signing day if things fall the right way, which might depend in large part on remaining OL targets.
5. UCLA-Jim Mora Jr. and his staff seem to be recruiting nationally. Time will tell if this strategy is wise or not (I tend to lean toward the latter), but as usual, the Bruins are bringing in plenty of talent. It appears some of their commits are a bit shaky, so the Bruins might have to play more defense than the top four teams on this list.
6. Cal-When you lose the best recruiter on your staff like the Bears did last winter, it will take some time to adjust. While the Bears have started a bit slower than you might expect, it appears they are hitting their stride. Several top targets still in play, including offensive linemen and defensive backs. They could very easily jump UCLA by beating out the Bruins for a few key prospects.

The top six teams have pretty clearly distanced themselves from the bottom half of the conference. It becomes a bit more tricky to rank them from here, but my best attempt:

7. Arizona State-The Sun Devils could potentially jump into the top group with a few commitments from key in-state players. There is talk they have moved into very good position for Priest Willis, among others. Otherwise, Graham is effectively using his Texas ties, with three good commits out of the DFW area. Look for ASU to also be in the hunt for several JUCO players as the season plays out.
8. Arizona-Not enthralled with this class, but I cannot argue that Rodriguez appears to be upgrading the speed down in Tucson. Really not a special class though. The Wildcats are doing surprisingly well in So Cal, which could pay off in the coming years.
9. Colorado/Utah/Washington State (tie)-Really do not think any of these classes stand out in any particular way. Wazzu landing Bruggman is probably the biggest get for any of the three teams, but overall, all three are struggling in the head-to-head battles with other conference teams. Leach's laziness in recruiting the state of Texas might catch up to him here.
12. Oregon State-When you have three average commits and it is almost August, you know things are not going particularly well on the recruiting trail. Clearly, Mike Riley's job status is having an adverse effect here and while the Beavers are in contention for some nice OL prospects, they are looking up at the rest of the conference. The gap is pretty big too.

Zona got a nice pickup on the DL with Top 100 player Luca Bruno today.

I'll do a late night update to this tonight. Also, I've been slacking on getting our roster updated. There were some errors in there and some positions have changed.

Back