What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2014-15 Bracketology thread

That is my point. **** the students. Why do you have to do anything to get to the game. Are these not independent young adults anymore? Let the students come up with their own solution (like host their own all night parties).

I guess I would just prefer honesty at this point where they say they aren't going to the game because the team sucks and the game is boring. Don't make some excuse to show you can't evaluate situations properly.
Because the football team has sucked. Give them a reason to come, but they aren't going to the games because we've sucked. Having a game at 11am just made everything worse.

Marketing only goes so far.

This year, the home games have been competitive and fun. That has helped. But it's hard to rally folks to spend a Saturday to watch a team that hasn't been good in a decade.

So then what are your solutions for getting students to a 11am game after Halloween for a team that hasn't had much success?

When I was in school (not that long ago) someone thought that to stop kids from getting hamm'd before the CU-NEB game, they'd make the game at 9am on the day after thanksgiving. Some people woke up at 5 to start drinking, some just stayed up all night. We were not terrible then though.

When I was in school (not that long ago) someone thought that to stop kids from getting hamm'd before the CU-NEB game, they'd make the game at 9am on the day after thanksgiving. Some people woke up at 5 to start drinking, some just stayed up all night. We were not terrible then though.

I remember that game and tried to look it up but couldn't find a stay time. I believe it in 2003. Huge crowd, I remember the student section was so full that people were standing in the aisles.

The night before I had Thanksgiving dinner in Parker, got absolutely smashed at some bar there, closed it down, slept 4 hours then got up and drove with a buddy to boulder for the game. We made it in time to get drunk again.

Michigan in 1996 was fairly early if I remember correctly. Actually all our games used to be early because Folsom didn't have permanent lights for a while and they would need to set up temp lights for night games.

I recall some of the CU-NU games starting at 10am on the Friday after Thanksgiving but not 9am. ABC would alternate every 2 years between our game being the early one and the Texas-Texas A&M game, and the late game was always at 1:30.

Last edited:

God that sucked. I think I was still legally drunk when I woke up to go tailgate. Security were massive dicks that day too - even by CU standards.

Albuquerque isn't an NCAA tournament site. Only way the Buffs are playing in the postseason in Albuquerque is if we play at UNM in an NIT game.
Figures but it was more of a wish type thing, easy access to where I live.

At this point I don't care about the students. I think I am annoyed by the excuses. Take the Halloween football game for example. The most common excuse used was: the game is too excuse. My response is you stopped partying too early. You are in college, party all night and then head to the game.

I get you, but remember that today's college students are tomorrow's boosters and season ticket holders. I do agree that drinking/partying all night is the right solution for a 19 y/o (I went for the 'sleep 4 hours and munch chocolate covered espresso beans' solution).

Students have gotten really into the late night games at other schools in the past. Naturally you're not going to draw much of the older crowd

Ahem...

Students have gotten really into the late night games at other schools in the past. Naturally you're not going to draw much of the older crowd

You're right about that. I've already given my tickets to a couple of 20 year old's. They'll be there, in fine form im sure.

Last edited:

Also think that was 2003. I remember drinking a natty ice with a shot of everclear in it for breakfast. Fun times.

I love Tad Boyle. We are talking about brackets. The day before the first game.

#basketballschool

Do not want any part of Lunardi's bracket

I didn't think it looked too daunting. Game is in road-trippable Omaha. CU isn't going to be intimidated by KU. And, I love the Badgers, but Wisconsin's record in the NCAA's is nothing to fear. That sweet 16 matchup with MSU or Louisville would be tough.

I didn't think it looked too daunting. Game is in road-trippable Omaha. CU isn't going to be intimidated by KU. And, I love the Badgers, but Wisconsin's record in the NCAA's is nothing to fear. That sweet 16 matchup with MSU or Louisville would be tough.

Syracuse in the 1st game? No thank you. Follow that with KU and the chances of getting past the 1st weekend are extremely slim. Hoping to not be a 10seed anyway.

Back