What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2014 Buffs Prediction Thread (this thread will be bumped)

2014 Season Record: 4-8
Most Surprising Player: Stephane Nembot
Most Disappointing Player: Bryce Bobo
Likely All-Pac 12 player (pick only one): Josh Tupou
Bold prediction: No team beats the Buffs by more than 14 points (currently cleaning puke off keyboard)

Most Surprising Player: Stephane Nembot
Likely All-Pac 12 player (pick only one): Josh Tupou
Bold prediction: No team beats the Buffs by more than 14 points (currently cleaning puke off keyboard)
Puke or spilled alcohol?

2014 Season Record: 6-7
Most Surprising Player: Philip Lindsay
Most Disappointing player: Opposing QB's. Because now we have a secondary.
Likely All-Pac 12 player - Gilliam
Bold Prediction: We will make a bowl game.

2014 Season Record: 7-6 Win Bowl
Most Surprising Player: Pow Pow
Most Disappointing player: Tony Jones
Bold Prediction: We stay within 2 scores of Oregon

W/L: 5-7
Surprise: Franke
Disappoint: Powell
All Pac: Hendo
Bold Prediction: Pull an upset this year.

2014 Season Record: 8-5
Most Surprising Player: Shay Feilds
Most Disappointing player: Rippy. We could really use him but not thinking this year will the light come on.
Bold Prediction: We will make a bowl game (win) by having two upsets. Wins will be CSU, UMass, Hawaii, Cal, Utah, OSU, and UW. Plus Yet-To-Be-Named opponent in a bowl game.

Record: 7-6
Surprise: Henington
Disappoint: Nembot
All pac: Hendo
Bold: Mac 2 PAC-12 Coach of the Year

2014 Season Record: 5-7
Most Surprising Player: Ahkello Witherspoon (SPOOOOOOOOON)
Most Disappointing Player: Stephane Nembot (not sure he has turned the corner, yet)
Likely All-Pac 12 player (pick only one): Nelson Spruce
Bold prediction: We have an upset on the road.

Record 7-6
Surprising JayMac
Disappointing Bobo
All Pac Spruce
Bold prediction: Football is fun to watch again

2014 Season Record: 5-7
Most Surprising Player: Kenny Crawley (becomes a real playmaker this year)
Most Disappointing Player: Gillam (only because he set the bar so high last year)
All Pac-12: Tupou
Bold Prediction: Gehrke sees a lot of snaps this year, and not due to an injury to Sefo.

2014 Season Record: 6-6
Most Surprising Player: Sefo Liufau
Most Disappointing Player: Ken Crawley
Likely All-Pac 12 player (pick only one): Addison Gillam
Bold prediction: Spruce racks up over 1,000 yards receiving.

Record prediction: 4-8
Most surprising player: Woodson Greer, Nembot, Lindsay (400 yards)
Most Disappointing player: Tupou, Bobo (ok season, is our 3rd-4th leading receiver)
1st team Pac: Nelson Spruce (70 receptions and 800 yards)
Bold prediction: We lose one non-conf game but beat two pac teams. We see a QB controversy at one point this season. One of the coordinators seats starts to warm. Defense drops ppg against 7 points/game

2014 Season Record: 7-6
Most Surprising Player: Phillip Lindsay
Likely All-Pac 12 player (pick only one): Josh Tupuo
Bold prediction: We upset ASU but lose to Cal

2014 Season Record: 7-6
Most Surprising Player: Phillip Lindsay
Likely All-Pac 12 player (pick only one): Josh Tupuo
Bold prediction: We upset ASU but lose to Cal

Bump for inevitable laughs later. As well as inevitable backtracking and excuses

7-6 (Bowl Win!)
Most Surprising: Adkins
Most Disappointing: Rippy
All-pac-12:Gillam
Bold Prediction: Adkins will run for 1200 yards and lead us to a Bowl Game victory in Albuquerque

PAC12 isn't affiliated with New Mexico Bowl this season.

7-6 (wins over Co A&M, New England, Havaee, Cal, Furry Beaver, Yoots, bowl in Alb)
Sefo
Water Boy
Josh
Sefo finishes in top half of PAC 12 QB's and is recognized nationally as a legit QB

2014 Season Record: 6-6
Most Surprising Player: Sefo Liufau
Most Disappointing Player: Ken Crawley
Bold prediction: Spruce racks up over 1,000 yards receiving.

This IS bold. 6-6 with no bowl invite.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Surprising Player: J Irwin and Nembot (basically, a solid O-Line would be fantastic - and surprisingly after the past several years)
Most Disappointing Player: Rippy
Likely All-Pac 12 player (pick only one): Munyer
Bold prediction: We beat a Top 25 team. We also lose only two games by 21 points or more, down from 8 last year. Only one game better in the W-L column, but anyone watching the team knows they are leaps and bounds better than the year before.

Most Surprising Player: J Irwin and Nembot (basically, a solid O-Line would be fantastic - and surprisingly after the past several years)
Most Disappointing Player: Rippy
Likely All-Pac 12 player (pick only one): Munyer
Bold prediction: We beat a Top 25 team. We also lose only two games by 21 points or more, down from 8 last year. Only one game better in the W-L column, but anyone watching the team knows they are leaps and bounds better than the year before.
Huh?

Seems really dumb but ok
Actually, I did think we finished with just 3 wins last year when I wrote that without looking it up.

Here's the thing, we can have 4 wins and be wildly better than last year. We were that bad with soft wins. Four wins against a harder non-conference schedule (Hawaii > either FCS opponent) and what I believe to be a same or better Pac 12 is not something that should be frowned upon if we can eliminate the blow outs at the same time.

Actually, I did think we finished with just 3 wins last year when I wrote that without looking it up.

Here's the thing, we can have 4 wins and be wildly better than last year. We were that bad with soft wins. Four wins against a harder non-conference schedule (Hawaii > either FCS opponent) and what I believe to be a same or better Pac 12 is not something that should be frowned upon if we can eliminate the blow outs at the same time.
Gotcha.

As for the 4 wins, I agree and it's something I've been thinking about and wondering how I'd feel about it. I don't buy that this OOC is more difficult than last years, it's just as terrible and we will be improved in year 2. I mean, Hawaii was a 1-11 team in a terrible MWC, I'm not at all concerned about them. UMass was a 1-11 team in the freaking MAC, which may have been worse than the MWC last season. Keep in mind that Wood was the QB for two of the three OOC games last year. Hawaii and UMass were both terrible last year and will be terrible again this year. The thing about conference play this year is that we get OSU and Utah at home this year. I don't really care about UCLA, USC, Oregon, UW, or whatever in conference. I care about how we stack up against the bottom teams like Utah, OSU, Cal, and Wazzu this season.

Record prediction: 5-7 (was 6-6 before scrimmage)
Most surprising player: Shay Fields
Most Disappointing player: Yuri Wright
1st team Pac: Josh Tupou
Bold prediction: We'll beat a ranked team late in the season as we see some freshmen developing into playmakers. The future will be bright, but no bowl this year.

2014 Season Record: 7-6.
Most Surprising Player: Stephan Nembot
Most Disappointing Player: Clay Norgard
Bold prediction: First bowl win in 10 years

Back