What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2014 Buffs Prediction Thread (this thread will be bumped)

Damn it, I have not been staying up on ****. Ignore me. I will just root for the home team. We need freshman presence to step up. I was going Mathewes as surprise player and changed it to someone that has put pressure on QB before. Didn't know he was off since I missed that info somehow. Give me Mathewes as TFL but not sacks. Ignore me until RMS. I haven't spent enough of my life on here reading between the Sissy fights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4-8. Another bowl-less season. Sigh..
Surprising player - Sefo
Most Disappointing player- Rippy
Likely all Pac 12 player- Nobody
Bold prediction- We go through the season without giving up a KR or PR for a TD

Last edited:
Season Record: 7-6 (New Mexico bowl win)
Most Surprising Player: whoever on the OL is your current pick to get displaced by Callahan
Most Disappointing Player: no clue -- haven't been here long enough
Likely All-Pac 12 player (pick only one): Nelson Spruce (>= 15 TD's, 2 of them on kick returns)
Bold prediction: Buffs start 5-0, fans get uppity, I get beat up by drunk CU fans at the OSU-West game when my VT orange apparel is confused with beaver orange. Buffs finish 3rd in the division.

Record prediction: 4-8
Most surprising player: Woodson Greer, Nembot, Lindsay (400 yards)
Most Disappointing player: Tupou, Bobo (ok season, is our 3rd-4th leading receiver)
1st team Pac: Nelson Spruce (70 receptions and 800 yards)
Bold prediction: We lose one non-conf game but beat two pac teams. We see a QB controversy at one point this season. One of the coordinators seats starts to warm. Defense drops ppg against 7 points/game

True that Duff. Where did we end up at ppg given up?

I was pretty close except for 2 wins and Woodson Greer

2014 Season Record: 5-7
Most Surprising Player: Nembot
Most Disappointing player: Gilbert
Likely All-Pac 12 player: Tupou
Bold Prediction: Tupou leaves after the year and is a first round draft pick

fail. Looks like someone drugged me with some kool-aid. I take no responsibility for this misfire.

2014 Season Record: 4-8
Most Surprising Player: Philip Lindsay
Most Disappointing player: Kenneth Olugbode (sp?) (It's already Samson)
Likely All-Pac 12 player - Adkins.
Bold Prediction: The team wins a real road game to go with a disappointing loss.
I was pumping Lindsay, but I think he really showed he was effective as the year went on. Will be a good rotation back for us throughout his career. Unfortunately does not have the speed necessary to be a real game changer. That said, I will take that one as a win.

Another "win" was KO. ugh. Adkins was hampered by injury, but really the only choice there was SPRUUuuuuuCE.

Almost won the bold prediction. sigh.

8Jah needs to return to accept his trophy and cash prize. He was prophetic. He predicted a shutout in the Pac.

Most Surprising Player: J Irwin and Nembot (basically, a solid O-Line would be fantastic - and surprisingly after the past several years)
Most Disappointing Player: Rippy
Likely All-Pac 12 player (pick only one): Munyer
Bold prediction: We beat a Top 25 team. We also lose only two games by 21 points or more, down from 8 last year. Only one game better in the W-L column, but anyone watching the team knows they are leaps and bounds better than the year before.
Record: Off by 2 wins - how we managed to pull defeat from the jaws of victory 7 times (leading at half) is genuinely amazing
Most Surprising Player: OL is no longer an embarrassment. Run game was okay. Still need to get Sefo more time in the pocket.
Most Disappointing Player: Not far off here given his lack of playing time.
Bold Prediction: We took a Top 25 team to double OT, but lost. Should have won the Utah game, too, but didn't. Lost only 2 games by 21 points.

I still contend we were wildly better in 2014 than 2013. Total loss margin was 139 for 10 losses vs. 231 for 8 losses in 2013. I don't think people realize how genuinely bad we were 2011-2013.

Lose big, lose close, win close, win big. It's a progression, no matter how painful and how hard it is to maintain patience as it is unfolding.

I was pumping Lindsay, but I think he really showed he was effective as the year went on. Will be a good rotation back for us throughout his career. Unfortunately does not have the speed necessary to be a real game changer. That said, I will take that one as a win.

Another "win" was KO. ugh. Adkins was hampered by injury, but really the only choice there was SPRUUuuuuuCE.

Almost won the bold prediction. sigh.

i still think you will be proven totally correct on Lindsay. He just needs to develop being a bit more evasive, and less a battering ram. He is going to get himself killed. But he has won me over.

2014 Season Record: 7-6 (bowl loss)
Most Surprising Player: Sefo
Most Disappointing player: Adkins
Likely All-Pac 12 player - Gillam
Bold Prediction: The biggest blowout CU faces this year is 14 points.

Someone must have hacked my account.

Record: what the ****
Surprising player: surprised he threw so many pick 6's good choice
Disappointing: great choice
All Pac 12: **** you ebola
Bold prediction: not terrible but Oregon and USC made sure this was wrong (Arizona and Washington also beat this spread)

2014 Season Record: 5-7
Most Surprising Player: Kenny Crawley (becomes a real playmaker this year)
Most Disappointing Player: Gillam (only because he set the bar so high last year)
All Pac-12: Tupou
Bold Prediction: Gehrke sees a lot of snaps this year, and not due to an injury to Sefo.

Like most of us, definitely had some misfires here.

If not for 4 stupid losses caused by 8 stupid plays, I'd have been just about perfect.

W-L: 5-7
Most Surprising Player: Jase Franke
Most Disappointing Player: Dayeshawn Rippy
Likely All-P12 player: Topou
Bold Prediction: Massive smackdown of Oregon St. at home, causing Mike Riley to soil himself.

I was way too optimistic....

Was there another thread where we all picked the record game by game? I thought I made a prediction somewhere ... can't remember.

I see a 3-9 record with an improved point differential of -19. I think that we beat CSU, Mass and UH with either CSU (first game jitters) or UM (travel) giving us a scare that elicits unpleasant memories of 2012. When we settle down into conference play we will be greatly improved, but crazy progress in the rest of the PAC will seem to negate most of this. Life is tough.

Most Surprising Players: Henington, Lindsay, Evan White
Most disappointing player: Nembot
Possible All-Pac 12 player: Henderson
Bold Prediction: We will hear less talk in the media of how MM is turning the program around (even though he is).

8jah wins for predicting winless pac 12 outing.

Not going winless in conference play, ain't happening

Whoopsie!

Utah has a absolutely brutal schedule and Wilson is a walking injury waiting to happen, plus the game is at home and Utah has never been a game we haven't had a strong chance to win at the end. Cal is a dumpster fire. I'm not convinced that UA can strike on their 3rd straight QB and replace Karey, along with their defense being awful , the Mike Leach approach to football. We're not going winless. The team is better than that and the coaching staff is better than that.

Whoopsie!

Season Record: 4-8
Most Surprising Player: Sefo (starts hitting on the deep ball)
Most Disappointing Player: whoever replaces Bell
Likely All-Pac 12 player (pick only one): Josh Tupou
Bold prediction: We lose 3 PAC games in heart wrenching fashion.

cal, UCLA, utah

Record prediction: 4-8
Most surprising player: Woodson Greer, Nembot, Lindsay (400 yards)
Most Disappointing player: Tupou, Bobo (ok season, is our 3rd-4th leading receiver)
1st team Pac: Nelson Spruce (70 receptions and 800 yards)
Bold prediction: We lose one non-conf game but beat two pac teams. We see a QB controversy at one point this season. One of the coordinators seats starts to warm. Defense drops ppg against 7 points/game

Not bad sir. Not bad.

Most Surprising Player: J Irwin and Nembot (basically, a solid O-Line would be fantastic - and surprisingly after the past several years)
Most Disappointing Player: Rippy
Likely All-Pac 12 player (pick only one): Munyer
Bold prediction: We beat a Top 25 team. We also lose only two games by 21 points or more, down from 8 last year. Only one game better in the W-L column, but anyone watching the team knows they are leaps and bounds better than the year before.

Outstanding.

The SEC, though very strong at the top and moderate in the middle, is not strong from the top to bottom. It never has been though it has given the illusion of being deep to many because SEC schools have rotated into and out of mediocrity so rapidly (see Florida recently). Utah would beat half the SEC right now. CU would handily beat Vandy, Arkansas and Kentucky in 2014...but I don't think it can beat anyone (save Cal at Folsom) in the Pac12.

Id follow you into the desert

Back