What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2014 Colorado v USC Pac12 Tournament Game Thread

So.... Is our ticket punched now?

Absolutely. Any last remaining chance or excuse to reject us is gone (as painful of a wait until Sunday would have been, we'd still have gotten in IMO). Hard to see how we could be lower than a 10 seed. We're in that 9-10 seed land right now and will stay there unless we go on a run in this tournament. We locked our bid, now let's go send Cal to the NIT tomorrow!

22 wins, no bad losses, Top 15 schedule, and a Top 35 RPI = :lock:

The only question now is whether the Buffs can get themselves a favorable seed & matchup from the Selection Committee by advancing deep in the P12T. But we're playing with house money now.

From the AP recap (so ridiculous)

The Buffaloes went 7-7 without their star guard and hurt their NCAA tournament resume by losing three of their final four regular-season games. That left Colorado teetering on the NCAA bubble and likely in need of a good Pac-12 tournament run to earn a spot in the bracket.

From the AP recap (so ridiculous)

The Buffaloes went 7-7 without their star guard and hurt their NCAA tournament resume by losing three of their final four regular-season games. That left Colorado teetering on the NCAA bubble and likely in need of a good Pac-12 tournament run to earn a spot in the bracket.

This "record without Dinwiddie" **** needs to stop. Not like Oregon, Cal, Stanford or ASU have a great record over their last 15. It's conference play in the deepest conference in the country. Everyone not named Arizona picked up numerous losses.

Essentially no one had us on the bubble. 99/99 brackets (Bracket Matrix) had CU in the field on average as the top 10 seed. The top 10 seed is not "teetering on the NCAA bubble"

Last edited:
This "record without Dinwiddie" **** needs to stop. Not like Oregon, Cal, Stanford or ASU have a great record over their last 15. It's conference play in the deepest conference in the country. Everyone not named Arizona picked up numerous losses.

Essentially no one had us on the bubble. 99/99 brackets (Bracket Matrix) had CU in the field on average as the top 10 seed. The top 10 seed is not "teetering on the NCAA bubble"

I'm ok with the "record without Dinwiddie" stuff... because I think it's pretty damn impressive to go .500 in the Pac-12 (nation's #3 conference) since adjusting to losing a leading candidate for Pac-12 POY to injury. That's the insult equivalent to someone in a job interview saying his greatest weakness is being a workaholic.

That said, the "teetering on the bubble" comment shows that the author is ill-informed and an idot.

I'm ok with the "record without Dinwiddie" stuff... because I think it's pretty damn impressive to go .500 in the Pac-12 (nation's #3 conference) since adjusting to losing a leading candidate for Pac-12 POY to injury. That's the insult equivalent to someone in a job interview saying his greatest weakness is being a workaholic.

That said, the "teetering on the bubble" comment shows that the author is ill-informed and an idot.

They're using Dinwiddie's absence as a negative though. No matter what we do. I must have missed where this year's NCAA Tournament was only having 48 teams, because our hopes "teetering" and "needing a deep Pac12 tournament run with good wins" is the most uninformed comment I've ever heard. It tops CBS Sports asking if Missouri can still get in if they lose in the first round of the SEC tournament.

Doug Gottlieb has called CU/Cal a play in game for both teams. Idiot.

Some serious morons crawling out of the woodwork. Meanwhile SEC schools with 1 quality win, multiple sub 100 losses and RPI's in the upper 50s are still being discussed as viable tournament options.

CU is in. And a Cal win over CU is certainly no guarantee of a dance ticket for them.

I welcome pundits like Gottlieb to go look at Tennessee, Minnesota, BYU and Pitt's resumes (to name a few) and compare to CU's.

I welcome pundits like Gottlieb to go look at Tennessee, Minnesota, BYU and Pitt's resumes (to name a few) and compare to CU's.

I think his comment was more because of his brother being a coach at Cal and CU losing to the Bears last week. Doubt he really went through all of the at large resumes, or looked at RPI's, SOS's or anything like that. CU should be safe at this point. Still want to beat Cal, though.

ESPN's headline: [h=2]"CU escapes with win over Trojans as NCAA hopes hang by thread"[/h]What suckage.

just finished watching in DVR time -- huge play by Booker. f**king huge.

Now, three guys laying on the court and no foul!?!?!?!

Now, my new favorite time-killer, reading the AB game thread after the game and trying to match up comments with my memory of the game.

Jelly just got tackled :lol:
Should've been a foul IMO. You can definitely make the argument he should've just held onto the ball especially given that he's a good free throw shooter. I didn't mind scoring there, because that essentially puts away the game. That said, you better freakin score. Happy it didn't go to OT.

it's at 330, 850 comes on with the pregame at 3
Not sure if 850 is coming on 3 no matter what, that could be a lot of pregame air time if the first game goes many OTs. Rule of thumb is it's ~30 mins after the previous game ends or the suggested time if the game ends sooner. Decent chance the game won't begin until 3:45.

Not sure if 850 is coming on 3 no matter what, that could be a lot of pregame air time if the first game goes many OTs. Rule of thumb is it's ~30 mins after the previous game ends or the suggested time if the game ends sooner. Decent chance the game won't begin until 3:45.

Well, turns out we didn't have to worry much about Utah/Zona going to OT... :lol:

Back