What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

*** Official 2014 Northern Colorado @ Colorado Basketball Game thread ***

Have to hope this is the game that things started to click, but that is a major stretch. Need to win 2/3 at DH Classic at minimum

Jhop is the pg we need!

JHop may have had his best game tonight with 5 assists. Hope he continues to build on it.

More important than his own numbers is that he took the pressure off other guys to orchestrate. Since everyone was getting touches, no one felt pressed to make something happen. Some of that will never show up in the box score. Kind of like a QB doesn't get a stat for calling a good audible to a run play.

Tale of two teams in this game. The first half, tentative, stand around and wait for somebody to do something Buffs, and the second half, get everybody involved, play solid defense, make things happen Buffs.

Have been to several games. 10 min stretch in 2nd half was best yet this year.

First half was just as frustrating as Geo. Tad ripped em at half. Better D, better flow, more encouragement from teammates.

Best 10 min all year from @12 min left mark in 2nd half. Really looked like a basketball team for a stretch there. Encouraging.

Players had had a meeting according to X after the Rams. Per radio interview. It showed some results tonight. Good job fellas. Keep it goin.

First half D was inexcusable….UNC 8/10 from 3 at half? We can't let that **** happen, what on earth.

Passing looked much better today and it wasn't passing because of fear of shooting. Ski remains playing at a high level, Josh got back in form, and JHop! What a game from him with 10 points, 5 assists and 5 boards. Second half was solid and loved seeing the transition today.

And please just stop with the alley oops.

At the game, the 1st half defense wasn't as bad as it looks in the box score. A few breakdowns, but for the most part I was just sitting there saying that there's no way UNCo is going to shoot 80% from 3pt range in the 2nd half, we've got the lead and we're good as long as the offensive execution and rebounding continue into the 2nd. Once XJ and Josh found it, this was GAME OVER.

I was unable to see the game, but 90 points is encouraging. Did we run any semblance of a 1/2 court offense today or did the points just come from the break and out-athleting the opponent?

I was unable to see the game, but 90 points is encouraging. Did we run any semblance of a 1/2 court offense today or did the points just come from the break and out-athleting the opponent?

Almost completely out of half court offense. 21 assists today.

And I'm going to also go against the grain with this next point: I love the alley oops. Buffs are more athletic than opponents. They're getting fronted. Got to play above the rim when that's happening. Team did make some plays off those and while there were some turnovers and misses, it's a part of the game that the Buffs need to keep pushing and developing if they're going to become the team they can be.

Players had had a meeting according to X after the Rams. Per radio interview. It showed some results tonight. Good job fellas. Keep it goin.[/QUOTE]

Wonder if XJ's new hair is a small part of a more serious and determined attitude on his part. Getting a more conservative haircut is a pretty traditional way to make a little statement.

At the game, the 1st half defense wasn't as bad as it looks in the box score. A few breakdowns, but for the most part I was just sitting there saying that there's no way UNCo is going to shoot 80% from 3pt range in the 2nd half, we've got the lead and we're good as long as the offensive execution and rebounding continue into the 2nd. Once XJ and Josh found it, this was GAME OVER.

Same. They finished at 59%, which shows how much better our D was in the second half.... I say have jokingly..... Crap those threes in the first half P'd me off!

But I woke up this morning thinking if they use that second half as a model, and take it into the DePaul game.... We could actually start getting a little better here.... He says cautiously... :nod:

The threes that UNC was raining down on us in the first half were keeping them in the game, but that can't last forever. I still saw some lazy, sloppy play. Particularly from JHop. He needs to keep his head in the game.

And I'm going to also go against the grain with this next point: I love the alley oops. Buffs are more athletic than opponents. They're getting fronted. Got to play above the rim when that's happening. Team did make some plays off those and while there were some turnovers and misses, it's a part of the game that the Buffs need to keep pushing and developing if they're going to become the team they can be.

I also love alley oops when they work. Arizona was fun to watch last year in part because of their above the rim highlights.

When they misfire, however, it's cringeworthy. I just hate to see CU waste a high percentage scoring opportunity with a botched attempt at showboating.

The threes that UNC was raining down on us in the first half were keeping them in the game, but that can't last forever. I still saw some lazy, sloppy play. Particularly from JHop. He needs to keep his head in the game.

I was impressed with UNC (No, I'm not just saying that because I went there). They'll contend in the Big Sky......As far as us, not a complete effort by any stretch until the last 7 or 8 minutes. Good to get the W, but by no means a perfect performance.

If J-Hop, and big if, can find some consistency from his performance Saturday, then things could really improve for us. He is a size mismatch at the point like SD was. He has all the tools to be very good at the 1, and he has the slasher/scorer mentality that I think the offense is missing.

A lot of people are clamoring for more outside shooting, but between XJ, XT, and Ski I think we have that covered. Need the mid range game to improve and I think J-Hop can help us there.

2nd half was much better. D was playing with some energy and that is really all we need. The boys need to wake the hell up. We aren't going to win games just being Colorado, they need to go take it.

Disappointed in XJ. 2nd disciplinary sit down this season.

Interesting random note:

Everyone is going off on Ski for shooting so much (and he's second in the nation in % of shots with 39.8% of his possessions ending in a shot), but he's also 87th in the nation in assist rate (31.8%). And his turnover rate is second best on the team (15.8% behind only Wes Gordon's 13.2%).

Interesting random note:

Everyone is going off on Ski for shooting so much (and he's second in the nation in % of shots with 39.8% of his possessions ending in a shot), but he's also 87th in the nation in assist rate (31.8%). And his turnover rate is second best on the team (15.8% behind only Wes Gordon's 13.2%).

It is what ski does. I don't know why people think that all of a sudden this is a problem. He is a volume shooter. That is ski's game. His shot selection is soooo much better than it was his freshman and sophomore years. We will have some big problems if he feels restricted from shooting. There are going to be head scratching WTF shots, but with those come the buzzer beaters, the circus layups, and the confident 3 pointers

I was impressed with UNC (No, I'm not just saying that because I went there). They'll contend in the Big Sky......As far as us, not a complete effort by any stretch until the last 7 or 8 minutes. Good to get the W, but by no means a perfect performance.

They've got a nice team. And I will be cheering for UNCo in the Big Sky all year.

It is what ski does. I don't know why people think that all of a sudden this is a problem. He is a volume shooter. That is ski's game. His shot selection is soooo much better than it was his freshman and sophomore years. We will have some big problems if he feels restricted from shooting. There are going to be head scratching WTF shots, but with those come the buzzer beaters, the circus layups, and the confident 3 pointers

Yup. And while 40% is way too high, as long as everyone else on the team continues to want to avoid the ball, I'm fine with it.

RIDE THE DRAGON

You know, I couldnt help but think "omar strong" and "Sebastian Koch" at the beginning of the game. and I thought "This cant continue" during those too.

Back