What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2015 BYU @ Colorado basketball Game thread

Interesting game ... kind of ass-backwards from how the Buffs have played so far this season. Good first half tonight ... but allowed it to be a lot closer than it should have been in the second. Is Tad still trying to formulate his best player rotation? I can respect that, but I must say I didn't really like his game management in the closing minutes.

But what the hell do I know? :confused:

The Buffs allowed Blue-tah stick around till the end and made that one harder than it needed to be.

Anyone else notice Stalzer was part of the men's choral group that sang the National Anthem tonight? I knew he played the piano but I didn't know he could sing too.

Good win against a team that has been solid in recent years and has a decent chance of making the tourney this year. This one will look good on the resume.

Lots of positives in the game. Loved Wes dominating on defense and his work on the boards. George dominated at times on offense but also was working on D. Jelly was Jelly. Also saw Tory assert himself for some stretches. If he will do more of that he will be a factor since there aren't a lot of guys with his frame who have his athleticism.

Dom didn't pick up 2 early fouls. He also had a couple times when he brought his offensive game forward, we need him to do more of that.

Negatives were primarily that we again saw a couple long stretches where we seemed to forget how to play offense, although the blame for this time can be more on the bench. We also had some guys who looked like they lost interest when we were up by 20 and didn't bother playing hard on defense. I can deal with the bombs from 28 feet out, those are not going to consistently beat you. I was bothered by some times when we less inferior athletes drive straight to the rack for some easy buckets. We can't do that consistently and win.

Definitely an uneven effort, but it was a damn good win. Not too many people on here predicted a sweep of @Auburn, @CSU, BYU.

Strange thing with the stats. Buffs shot better from the floor, better from 3pt range (and made 1 more), better from the FT line (and took more), had more rebounds, and committed fewer fouls. Everything about that points to a blowout except for being -4 on turnovers. The wildcard that kept the final score fairly close was that BYU got one of those crazy games from a bunch guy. Freshman guard Zac Seljaas came in averaging about 2 ppg and wasn't shooting a great percentage. Had a DNP this season, even, and hasn't logged more than 11 minutes in a single game. Tonight: 22 minutes & 18 points on 7/11 shooting (4/7 from 3pt). The CU equivalent would be if Guz dropped 15 on someone. Crazy game, basketball.

I'm not there ... but those empty seats you see on the tube are almost always empty for other than huge games. Bluehairs and big donors (God bless them) that don't come out often but also don't bother to make sure their tix don't go to waste. Kinda pisses me off.
It's a huge problem that CU never really had before the last four years. They should do something about it.

Good overall win against a good opponent. GMFK continues to step up big when Fletch and Fortune not at their best shooting tonight. Miller did some good things tonight and a Collier just looks to get better and better to me. Josh is just a stud. Talton with 2 good offensive plays in 1st half, but sloppy turnovers in 2nd half really helped spark BYU's big run IMO. Gonna be interesting to see how much Tad shortens the bench against tough opponents going forward - you can really see it the last 2 games. Hoping we get some top 25 love and take this into Vegas!

Tad cannot allow 18-3 runs.
Wow, 5 points too late on the time out.
Tad addressed it in his post game. He was hoping to get to the upcoming TV timeout and admitted he should've called it earlier. So, you guys aren't any more aware of it than Tad. He was trying to preserve a time out by using a free TV timeout. Those are the things a coach has to juggle in real time and under pressure.

Before giving a few thoughts on the game itself, I want to say this team is so much different than any Tad team in recent season and perhaps ever. They move the ball quickly and often efficiently on offense and don't depend on one person from the perimeter to go one-v-one to produce points. This team works to find a good shot regardless of who ends up taking it. There seems to be no egos interfering with running the offense effectively.

As for this game, I didn't think CU was really in trouble, but they made it more difficult on themselves by getting a bit complacent on both ends of the court about 5 minutes into the second half up by 25 points. There was a flurry of turnovers and hot shooting from long range by BYU. For a few minutes when it looked like the lead would get to single digits King George did a great impersonation of Spencer D by getting to the line when CU needed points. Oh, and he played pretty well on defense defending Collinsworth. At the same time Tre'Shaun was really struggling, not just with his shooting, but with decision making and turning the ball over.

As for the crowd, there were pockets of BYU fans that were very boisterous. For some reason I have a very difficult time keeping my composure when in the presence of fans from opposing teams and tonight I was on the edge.

We took our foot off the gas in the 2nd half, and struggled with their defenses in spots. Expected them to get back up-thats a very solid program, and they'll be one of the big dogs in their league. One more thing-I'd like to see this become a consistent thing after tonight. This was fun basketball to watch. The travel is fairly easy, and they do a lot more for the rpi than air force does.

The buffs had played great for about 20mins in most of the wins this year. Tad had been having them focus on playing all 40 with the same focus, effort and intensity.

Tonight I think he got about 35mins of the good buffs team. If they can find a way to play the full 40, CU is going to shock some people.

So many scoring options. So little selfishness. It's a great style of basketball to watch.

Before giving a few thoughts on the game itself, I want to say this team is so much different than any Tad team in recent season and perhaps ever. They move the ball quickly and often efficiently on offense and don't depend on one person from the perimeter to go one-v-one to produce points. This team works to find a good shot regardless of who ends up taking it. There seems to be no egos interfering with running the offense effectively.

As for this game, I didn't think CU was really in trouble, but they made it more difficult on themselves by getting a bit complacent on both ends of the court about 5 minutes into the second half up by 25 points. There was a flurry of turnovers and hot shooting from long range by BYU. For a few minutes when it looked like the lead would get to single digits King George did a great impersonation of Spencer D by getting to the line when CU needed points. Oh, and he played pretty well on defense defending Collinsworth. At the same time Tre'Shaun was really struggling, not just with his shooting, but with decision making and turning the ball over.

As for the crowd, there were pockets of BYU fans that were very boisterous. For some reason I have a very difficult time keeping my composure when in the presence of fans from opposing teams and tonight I was on the edge.
Yeah for only 7 different families the BYU fans made a lot of noise. Just be glad you weren't a CSU fan in the CU sections last Sunday.

No current player is as good as Spencer was, but I think this team (chemistry, versatility, bench strength, et al) may be Tad's best so far

It's a huge problem that CU never really had before the last four years. They should do something about it.

So a couple thoughts:

- there are some seats behind the visitor bench that are reserved for the visiting team so unless we want to take them away those will always be an issue. it is widely held courtesy that teams extend visiting families so i doubt you'll here or see that change. Perhaps we could move them a few rows so that the were farther from the students and in an area that gets picked up less on camea.

- seat color this really amplifies the fact they are empty.

- people do fill forward into better seats but perhaps you could build a program to make sure those seats are filled at least until the actual owners showed up. In years past i've run into athletes in my seats some who were cool about moving and one shane dillon who was shocked i wanted my seat i paid for. so there are risks.

- not enough people know abou the ticket transfer system

- marketing and the push to fill the stadium is frankly not as good as it should be.

- attendance in general has been sorry this year.

- students can complain about blue hairs when they start paying 2g's for seats and they fill thier own section

Is Josh playing himself into the first round? I gotta believe there has to be a place on an NBA roster for a big guy with the overall game that he has developed this season.

Is Josh playing himself into the first round? I gotta believe there has to be a place on an NBA roster for a big guy with the overall game that he has developed this season.
If he has a double double average still at the end of the year, he could be playing himself into the all American conversation, which would definitely put him on NBA radars.

The Buffs allowed Blue-tah stick around till the end and made that one harder than it needed to be.
Yeah, good thing BYU doesn't give schollies to their players, had no upperclassmen to speak of and almost to a man, doesn't have a two year age/maturity advantage over Buff players because of "missions". Shoulda run them outta the gym as they did Ft Lewis, right? Sheesh! Buy a dog, name him "Clue", then you'll have one!

To me josh scott is a player that passes every test but the eye test. You see his numbers and production and you think there is no way he won't get drafted but then you see him in a game and you start to question his athleticism and how is translates in the NBA. Luckily for josh, there are tons of analytics guys in the league now and I would think someone would take a chance on him. Hopefully it is a good organization like the Spurs, Bulls, or thunder who really take pride in developing guysZ

Yeah, good thing BYU doesn't give schollies to their players, had no upperclassmen to speak of and almost to a man, doesn't have a two year age/maturity advantage over Buff players because of "missions". Shoulda run them outta the gym as they did Ft Lewis, right? Sheesh! Buy a dog, name him "Clue", then you'll have one!
I don't think he was talking about BYU not being a good team. Seems like he was talking about squandering the 25 point lead we had in the second half to make it a close game.

Back