What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2015 Colorado Buffaloes @ Hawaii Football game thread

Where to even begin.

Props to the D. They made some mistakes (Crowley blown coverage and missed tackle on the same play) but for the most part when the O and special teams didn't put them in bad positions they played well. They created turnovers, and forced punts which was good to see.

The special teams were extra special if that is even possible. I loved the spread punt formation on the 4th play of the game. Don't want anyone getting their uniform dirty by blocking that early in the game so an ole blocking scheme was a solid call. Good things happen when you try to field the ball up on a punt after it has bounced 15 times. Honestly on punt returns CU should just not have anyone back to try and field punts and our return average would be the same. Toss in some penalties, bad punts and they were allsome.

On offense Sefo is no better than pedestrian. He will not do anything that screams great play and he will continue to make the stupid play that kills the team. He locked onto his primary receiver early and often all night and then proceeded to throw . Our O line sucks. They are really, really bad. They regularly got blown up on three man rushes. Powell looks slow and plodding, time to turn him back into a FB. Give the damn ball to Adkins and sub in Lindsay when he needs a break. Turnovers in the red zone and in scoring position again.

I didn't thin HCMM job was in danger this year, but that team was not better prepared than anything Water Bottle or Juice Box ran out and I don't think you can keep him if he has another two win season. Based on what I saw last night I'm not sure if we have two wins left on the schedule.

The only good news is an 11pm kickoff means most of the world didn't actually see the game.

Where to even begin.

Props to the D. They made some mistakes (Crowley blown coverage and missed tackle on the same play) but for the most part when the O and special teams didn't put them in bad positions they played well. They created turnovers, and forced punts which was good to see.

The special teams were extra special if that is even possible. I loved the spread punt formation on the 4th play of the game. Don't want anyone getting their uniform dirty by blocking that early in the game so an ole blocking scheme was a solid call. Good things happen when you try to field the ball up on a punt after it has bounced 15 times. Honestly on punt returns CU should just not have anyone back to try and field punts and our return average would be the same. Toss in some penalties, bad punts and they were allsome.

On offense Sefo is no better than pedestrian. He will not do anything that screams great play and he will continue to make the stupid play that kills the team. He locked onto his primary receiver early and often all night and then proceeded to throw . Our O line sucks. They are really, really bad. They regularly got blown up on three man rushes. Powell looks slow and plodding, time to turn him back into a FB. Give the damn ball to Adkins and sub in Lindsay when he needs a break. Turnovers in the red zone and in scoring position again.

I didn't thin HCMM job was in danger this year, but that team was not better prepared than anything Water Bottle or Juice Box ran out and I don't think you can keep him if he has another two win season. Based on what I saw last night I'm not sure if we have two wins left on the schedule.

The only good news is an 11pm kickoff means most of the world didn't actually see the game.
Great points. Sefo may be the best we have, but I would start giving first team reps in practice to the number two guy liberally. Sefo apparently hit his ceiling a while back. Get somebody else ready.

Nothing to much to add here, no real progress on the field. Sefo still looks like a Freshman way too often, special teams are an embarrassment, horrific clock management, conservative play calling and on and on. I actually think I'm on the wane, more important things to occupy my time with than this weekly frustration.

Year three and that kind of clock management is.....inconceivable!! I hated it the first year of Sefo, was flabbergasted at it last year, and stunned that he is still doing it. That's on both the coaches and him.

Just an aside,

According to Brian Howell at BDC, that final throw to Lindsay, it was 2nd and 5, we were given credit for 6 yards. The resulting 1st down should have stopped the clock making the resulting mishap with placing the ball irrelevant. Not an excuse, because we should never have been in that position in the first place, but just another feather in the cap of the Pac-12 officiating crew.

Just an aside,

According to Brian Howell at BDC, that final throw to Lindsay, it was 2nd and 5, we were given credit for 6 yards. The resulting 1st down should have stopped the clock making the resulting mishap with placing the ball irrelevant. Not an excuse, because we should never have been in that position in the first place, but just another feather in the cap of the Pac-12 officiating crew.
Holy cow you're right!

http://www.cstv.com/gametracker/lau...ool=cbs&sport=mfootbl&camefrom=&startschool=&

I used to get mad after performances like this, now it doesn't really bother me that much which I think is a huge problem for the AD if there are many others in the same boat. Apathy is firmly setting in.

that was a nightmare. i stayed up to 2am to watch that? the mistakes. we had more talent on the field overall, i believe, than hawaii but we made so many unforced errors.

Maybe I just missed them but after a lot of talk about these guys I didn't see Falo, wantanabe, keenny, D Lee, Awini? I know it was just the first game, but still

Just an aside,

I saw that post also, but I have my doubts that Howell is correct. I know it was late (early?) so I could be off, but my recollection watching it live was that Lindsey was well short of a 1st down (like by 1-2 yds). Would have to go back and see it again to confirm, and I have no desire to watch any of that crapfest again.

True enough the refs sucked, but I think they just officiated down to level of the 2 garbage teams on the field. I think most of us agree that we have too many gripes with our own play to get all that worked up over officiating.

I saw that post also, but I have my doubts that Howell is correct. I know it was late (early?) so I could be off, but my recollection watching it live was that Lindsey was well short of a 1st down (like by 1-2 yds). Would have to go back and see it again to confirm, and I have no desire to watch any of that crapfest again.

True enough the refs sucked, but I think they just officiated down to level of the 2 garbage teams on the field. I think most of us agree that we have too many gripes with our own play to get all that worked up over officiating.
I thought he was short of the marker as well. It made his swagger seemed misplaced to my eyes, but he seemed to have believed it was a 1st in the moment.

The replay showed he was short of the line. Lindsay maybe thought he got there, but he more rolled / slid over the first down distance. That, sadly, was part of the confusion with the ref bumbling around to place the ball.

It shouldn't have come down to that. If Sefo's throw had been in the right place Lindsay makes the first down and probably out of bounds.

Howell was wrong. It wasn't that close actually and the referees market it short of the first down marker, properly.

Back