What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

*** Official 2015 Colorado @ Seattle Basketball Game Thread ***

Horrible. Had a 9 pt lead in second half vs a pick up team and lose Some of these players need to move on.

Most of these players need to move on.

Talton's a JOKE
Miller gets NO PT (on a team "building for next year")
Fletch and Hopkins REFUSE to shoot
We have exactly 1 player, and Seattle knew that, hence the double / triple teams.

Wait til we get AZ next year. This team loses by 40 or 50

We're about to be worse than the fb team.

When does coaching/recruiting /player development come in to question. [emoji56]

Brought to you by Howdy Dong

Last edited:
Fitting way to end the season. We're just not good, and have a lot of things to fix in the offseason. I'm not overly optimistic that we'll be able to fix them.

Is Gordon a zombie? for realz

XJ 20 ppg next year? L O L

Oh, he'll get 20. In 1 game. On national TV.

Then get 2.3 per for the next 6, while getting benched for 2 and laughing and hugging opponents.

He's a bigger cancer than Ski ever was, he just doesn't give a ****.

Most of these players need to move on.

Talton's a JOKE
Miller gets NO PT (on a team "building for next year")
Fletch and Hopkins REFUSE to shoot
We have exactly 1 player, and Seattle knew that, hence the double / triple teams.

Wait til we get AZ next year. This team loses by 40 or 50

We're about to be worse than the fb team.

I like Miller but he was awful tonight.

Oh, he'll get 20. In 1 game. On national TV.

Then get 2.3 per for the next 6, while getting benched for 2 and laughing and hugging opponents.

He's a bigger cancer than Ski ever was, he just doesn't give a ****.

Ya I don't like XJ. It sucks to root for a team and dislike a good portion of the team

I like Miller but he was awful tonight.

Don't care if he's awful. Not going to get any better seeing the floor for 4 minutes. If he's not a big part of next year's team, we're done.

We have 1 starter from this year (2 if you count Collier) who should start next year. But Tad did nothing to prep them.

Wes is invisible for most (or tonight, ALL) of games. Yes, he got 10 boards, against a team 4+ inches shorter than our team. What'd he get against Oregon? 1.
x.t. wouldn't start for 300+ d1 schools.

X.J.? If, IF he'd actually try, would be great. But he won't. And he's proven that fact.

If next year doesn't feature Scott, Collier, Miller, Fortune and (good god, there's no one for this spot) King? Fletch? either way, we'll look back on 2015 as "the basketball equivalent of the 2007 football season", or the last time we even thought there was hope.

The team looked terrible again tonight. I understand that the defense has been ugly, but I truly believe that the offense has been this team's downfall. Since we haven't had an NBA player at guard, we've been unable to buy a bucket when we need it. Extended scoring droughts are the norm, even against awful teams with obvious multiple mismatches on the floor. An inability to score or even look competent on offense will eventually lead to breakdowns on defense.

The team looked terrible again tonight. I understand that the defense has been ugly, but I truly believe that the offense has been this team's downfall. Since we haven't had an NBA player at guard, we've been unable to buy a bucket when we need it. Extended scoring droughts are the norm, even against awful teams with obvious multiple mismatches on the floor. An inability to score or even look competent on offense will eventually lead to breakdowns on defense.

Not only is there not an NBA guard, but Boyle seems intent on allowing high usage from our least talented guards. Tonight's game is on Boyle for me.

So much to say, and yet, nothing to say ... seeing these guys for the first time in person this year, just reinforced everything for me. We have to be on the bottom 10% in guard play in D1. We are truly awful. I would hazard to say that every team we played this season had a better group of guards than we do. That's on Tad. Talton, Stalzer, JHop, Wes are all abject offensive liabilities. How many teams have 4 guys like that eating up so many minutes. Remember when we talked about XJ going pro? That seems like a parallel universe now. Collier shows promise, but he's never going to be a slasher, quickness guy. It completely blows my mind that Seattle U, a D2 school 7 years ago, can find better guards than we can.

Unless something radical changes, we win 12-14 games next year tops.

Handy the team always gone on long droughts? Happened when Nate and Carlon were here. Happened with the Mayor at times. The guys sure do like to pass it around the perimeter. In my untrained eyes I don't see a lot of designed plays with picks and rolls.

The offense looks as if it depends on that stellar talent and when you don't have it, well, you have this season.

So much to say, and yet, nothing to say ... seeing these guys for the first time in person this year, just reinforced everything for me. We have to be on the bottom 10% in guard play in D1. We are truly awful. I would hazard to say that every team we played this season had a better group of guards than we do. That's on Tad. Talton, Stalzer, JHop, Wes are all abject offensive liabilities. How many teams have 4 guys like that eating up so many minutes. Remember when we talked about XJ going pro? That seems like a parallel universe now. Collier shows promise, but he's never going to be a slasher, quickness guy. It completely blows my mind that Seattle U, a D2 school 7 years ago, can find better guards than we can.

Unless something radical changes, we win 12-14 games next year tops.

Josh Fortune better be really really good. I think we're going to need 30 ppg from him.

(Note: Sarcasm mode is active.)

Not only is there not an NBA guard, but Boyle seems intent on allowing high usage from our least talented guards. Tonight's game is on Boyle for me.

Several of these are on Boyle. Same game plan, over , and over, and over, and . . . .

Btw, when was the last time he called a time out and the team did something different after it than what they were doing prior to it?

I feel bad for Josh ... he could be in for a rough senior year, right when he's auditioning for the NBA. We're going to see so much zone next year, he's looking at double/triple teams all year. Not only do we not have good shooters over the top, we also have no slashers to draw the defense and dish to Josh and Wes for easy buckets. Tad has got to do something drastic. Total offensive scheme makeover. Same duds executing it, but we're stuck with them, gotta try something.

Back