What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

*** Official 2015 Colorado @ UCLA Basketball Game Thread ***

We are back to a press again which is nice to see. Switch things up. Led to a 3 for Collier

Cal and ASU (maybe) are the only games left where you can feel somewhat confident. That's 13 wins. Does that even get you into the CBI?

Cal and ASU (maybe) are the only games left where you can feel somewhat confident. That's 13 wins. Does that even get you into the CBI?

I don't know, they haven't played yet. Part of this team is still unknown, I don't know why you are so down on them. They are obviously gassed today.

Think we all expected this exhaustion tonight. That's why you don't blow 11 point leads and end up playing 3OT (thank god we won though).

3 game home stand coming up…here's where CU decides whether it's an NIT season or a complete clunker of no postseason.

We're obviously going to win more than 2 more games.

Obviously? How do you figure? We've lost 6 out of 8, and without Ski going all-world the other night, it would have been 7 of 8. WSU beat Stanford tonight. The Oregon schools are just better than us.

Hopefully Scott will get healthy and be able to come back and help out. We really could use his presence.

And playing 15 more minutes the other night was not the difference here. These are highly conditioned athletes. Plus, 3 of them didnt even play that much, they fouled out.

And playing 15 more minutes the other night was not the difference here. These are highly conditioned athletes. Plus, 3 of them didnt even play that much, they fouled out.

Fine, we are going to win 1-2 games in the rest of the season. Since it's pretty pointless to watch a game you know for sure we are going to lose, then why bother? So guess you will disappear from here for a while?

Obviously? How do you figure? We've lost 6 out of 8, and without Ski going all-world the other night, it would have been 7 of 8. WSU beat Stanford tonight. The Oregon schools are just better than us.

Oregon State is headed backwards

Oregon is mediocre

Wazzu is the same team we boatraced. We match up well.

Washington will fade away now that Upshaw is gone. Completely different team.

Stanford has been sneaking past many bad opponents this season and it caught up to them tonight. Just because you're 3rd in the Pac doesn't mean you're good. In fact, this year it doesn't mean that.

Neither Utah nor Arizona are invincible on the road.

Edit: meant Upshaw for UW

This is based on XJ and JHop remaining healthy and possibly Josh coming back. Obviously if we have another injury debacle, things may change. However if the personnel situation I describe holds up, we're winning at least one of the aforementioned games.

Last edited:
Fine, we are going to win 1-2 games in the rest of the season. Since it's pretty pointless to watch a game you know for sure we are going to lose, then why bother? So guess you will disappear from here for a while?

I simply said there's 2 games left that we'll likely be favored. And we haven't won one game this year as an underdog. Why should you expect anything different? I'll watch the games to see what we might have in the future. No doubt some of the sophs and freshmen are showing some improvement. I'm high on Collier and Miller actually.

Oregon State is headed backwards

Oregon is mediocre

Wazzu is the same team we boatraced. We match up well.

Washington will fade away now that Upshaw is gone. Completely different team.

Stanford has been sneaking past many bad opponents this season and it caught up to them tonight. Just because you're 3rd in the Pac doesn't mean you're good. In fact, this year it doesn't mean that.

Neither Utah nor Arizona are invincible on the road.

Edit: meant Upshaw for UW

This is based on XJ and JHop remaining healthy and possibly Josh coming back. Obviously if we have another injury debacle, things may change. However if the personnel situation I describe holds up, we're winning at least one of the aforementioned games.

I'd like to believe you, but the first 5 you mention are on the road. Doesn't matter who we're playing, as we saw Thursday.

I'd like to believe you, but the first 5 you mention are on the road. Doesn't matter who we're playing, as we saw Thursday.

Assume you miscounted. Stanford is at home.

We did win on Thursday, even without JHop. We've played Arizona, Utah and UCLA on the road, there's a good chance that's 3 of the best 4 teams in the standings when it's settled. So, outside of an ASU game in which we were missing key personnel and lost a close game, there's not a whole lot to bitch about in regards to our conference road performance thus far. Clearly Wazzu, Washington, Oregon State and Oregon are not of the same overall caliber as what we've already faced. I'd imagine we punch through in one of those, perhaps 2 (again, assuming we don't lose more guys to injury)

Assume you miscounted. Stanford is at home.

We did win on Thursday, even without JHop. We've played Arizona, Utah and UCLA on the road, there's a good chance that's 3 of the best 4 teams in the standings when it's settled. So, outside of an ASU game in which we were missing key personnel and lost a close game, there's not a whole lot to bitch about in regards to our conference road performance thus far. Clearly Wazzu, Washington, Oregon State and Oregon are not of the same overall caliber as what we've already faced. I'd imagine we punch through in one of those, perhaps 2 (again, assuming we don't lose more guys to injury)

Solid arguments all around. I guess we'll see. We certainly show flashes of being able to pull off 1-2 upsets. And yes, we beat USC. But nothing about that game inspires confidence in me anyway. We needed Superman to win. And USC had two game winner lay ups that barely rolled off the rim. Otherwise we'd still be 0-fer the road this year.

Worst second half ever. That run of UCLA's looked like they were playing a middle school girls team. The turnovers weren't in any way due to good play by the Bruins, they were flat giveaways by the Buffs. Some of the laziest and dumbest passing I think I've ever seen by a college team. I swear when they cut away from the shot of John Wooden's statue, it did a facepalm.

Last edited:

The USC game was emotionally exhausting, more IMO than physically. The extra 15 min were high tension, not to mention the last 10 min of the game as the 11-pt lead faded away. Team feels it same as we fans in some respects. Both teams started out slow - UCLA had a very emotionally draining game against Utah also. And note Ski scored 14 of his 16 in the second half, as both teams found their equilibrium somewhat. Not physically tired IMO, mainly.

Fact is, our propensity to go into long scoring droughts has been an issue going back a few seasons. We should be a 70 to 80 point per game team, yet we often are held to 20+ point halves. Frustrating as hell.

Fact is, our propensity to go into long scoring droughts has been an issue going back a few seasons. We should be a 70 to 80 point per game team, yet we often are held to 20+ point halves. Frustrating as hell.

We have all the key ingredients for scoring droughts:

- post players with no post-up skills (not counting Scott, of course). Wes is pure opportunistic scoring. Miller seems like he might develop into someone we can dump the ball to and he create his own offense.
- guards (besides Ski) who are simply afraid to shoot unless they have a wide open look
- guards who can create with dribble penetration (again, besides Ski). Collier and JHop are moving somewhat in the right direction here but still a ways away from being an offensive threat that teams have to game plan for.

With those 3 things going against us, it's a wonder sometimes that we score as much as we do.

We have all the key ingredients for scoring droughts:

- post players with no post-up skills (not counting Scott, of course). Wes is pure opportunistic scoring. Miller seems like he might develop into someone we can dump the ball to and he create his own offense.
- guards (besides Ski) who are simply afraid to shoot unless they have a wide open look
- guards who can create with dribble penetration (again, besides Ski). Collier and JHop are moving somewhat in the right direction here but still a ways away from being an offensive threat that teams have to game plan for.

With those 3 things going against us, it's a wonder sometimes that we score as much as we do.

Hasn't mattered who we have had on the floor this has been a problem since Tad has been here.

For some reason we forget how to play offense. Guys stop moving and stand watching instead, most don't even look for opportunity for themselves or others, passing becomes aimless as the kill the shot clock before chucking up a shot that results in a rebound for the opponent.

Somehow they need to develop a complete different mentality to break this constantly recurring issue.

The USC game was emotionally exhausting, more IMO than physically. The extra 15 min were high tension, not to mention the last 10 min of the game as the 11-pt lead faded away. Team feels it same as we fans in some respects. Both teams started out slow - UCLA had a very emotionally draining game against Utah also. And note Ski scored 14 of his 16 in the second half, as both teams found their equilibrium somewhat. Not physically tired IMO, mainly.

The buffs were hungry for a victory on the southern cal trip. It's a homecoming of sorts for Askia, XJ and Stalzer.

Can't say the buffs stayed hungry at Pauley after checking the box at Gallen.

The buffs were hungry for a victory on the southern cal trip. It's a homecoming of sorts for Askia, XJ and Stalzer.

Can't say the buffs stayed hungry at Pauley after checking the box at Gallen.

Could be, it's hard to pin down exactly why games go the way they do (also considering how a couple of shots, a couple of questionable calls etc can reverse a 10-point win), but I agree the psychology is major. Whatever causes maximum intensity in some games and dragging in others can be the difference in blowing a team out or being blown out (regarding teams with similar talent anyway).

In general the trip went as any objective observer would have expected - a close game at SC that either team could have won, and a fairly comfortable win by UCLA at home. Given the typical differential between Buff scores home-and-away, beating UCLA by 6 at home should equate to a loss by a slightly greater margin away.

Back