What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

*** Official 2015 Colorado @ USC Basketball Game Thread ***

This. That was our annual "Pac-12 Refs What the ****?!?" game that we have every year. Oregon 3 years ago, ASU 2 years ago. Can't remember last year's. But every year there's one game where P12 officials just decide to go completely off the rails and confuse the hell out of both teams with random calls all game. That was the 2015 version.

Don't forget about the "Debacle in the Desert".........or did you mean Arizona two years ago? As far as last night.......Verne Harris was involved. That explains a lot. How the guy continues to get assignments deep in the NCAA tournament is beyond me. There was no rhyme or reason to the way the game was called....Seemed like it was a little loose until Ski got clocked by Jovanovic, and after they screwed that call up (how that is not a flagrant 1 was strange), they started calling it really tight. That being said, I wasn't wild about Tad not playing Tory Miller until we had XJ foul out in overtime.....I thought he was the one guy who could match up with Jovanovic physically. Also, I wanted to see us attack him more than we did after he picked up the fourth foul. Still, great win, and one that can hopefully carry us into tomorrow night at Pauley.

Although there was no physical reason why it kept happening, Jovanovic was abusing Miller on the offensive end all game.

Although there was no physical reason why it kept happening, Jovanovic was abusing Miller on the offensive end all game.

He was getting very deep post position and the refs were calling defensive fouls whenever someone tried to push for defensive position.

When Josh gets back, can we request that this crew works every game?

Swear I saw him giving it to Gordon more than Miller but I'd have to re watch it

Gordon doesn't set a solid base in the post. Feet too close together and sometimes gets them crossed. Really hurts his ability to keep guys from getting deep position or for him to get onto the low block on the offensive end.

Gordon doesn't set a solid base in the post. Feet too close together and sometimes gets them crossed. Really hurts his ability to keep guys from getting deep position or for him to get onto the low block on the offensive end.

Exactly. If Wes is not going to be a decent post-up option on the offensive end (and I'm seeing very little movement in that direction), Tad and crew at least need to get his defensive footwork more consistent. Miller is encouraging to me. For a freshmen, he asserts himself on both ends. He has way more upside IMO.

I was so happy I didn't stay up until 1230 for nothing last night. I am becoming more and more impressed with the capability of the team. They seem to be moving the ball more effectively than earlier in the season. I think that they were falling into their dribble to open mode during the last 10 minutes of the game, almost like they forgot how to pass. Of course my perception of them passing effectively may be incorrect however, with the low number of assists last night.

It may be too late to make any real runs toward an at-large NCAA bid, I have some hope that we can make a run in the P12 tourney. The team has really matured over the last few games with the big guns out of the game. These games may be the ones we look back at next year as the ones that led to success in 2015-16.

Don't forget about the "Debacle in the Desert".........or did you mean Arizona two years ago?

Won't speak for Goose, but I'm thinking he meant the ASU game in Boulder when Bitchinski took down Jelly and gave him a concussion that made him to miss two games ... and Jelly got called for the the foul. IIRC there were a whole lot of questionable calls in that game.

Yeah ... the "Debacle in the Desert" against UA in Tucson sucked at the end on Chen's disallowed shot, but I don't recall the officiating being all that bad besides that.

Back