What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2015 Fort Lewis @ Colorado basketball Game Thread

CVilleBuff

Feel free to delete or merge, abs. Wanted to get this up so fans actually remember there's a game tonight.

Ft. Lewis is 5-0 and also won 77-69 In OT at Wyoming in an exhibition a few weeks back.

Last edited:
Nobody listed over 6' 9" on their roster, Morse (Jr. Guard) is hitting almost 50% from 3. Top 5 scorers are guards all 6' 4" and under plus 6' 9" F Haldorson (local Highlands Ranch kid transfer from Wyo).

The boys take care of business and this is a win. They start looking ahead to CSU and they will have a very unpleasant week of practice.

Nobody listed over 6' 9" on their roster, Morse (Jr. Guard) is hitting almost 50% from 3. Top 5 scorers are guards all 6' 4" and under plus 6' 9" F Haldorson (local Highlands Ranch kid transfer from Wyo).
Awesome. Defending the three just happens to be our specialty.

My prediction for the game is something like this:

The Buffs start a little slow, Dom picks up a foul, throws the ball away, Wes travels, and Morse hits a couple of threes. The Buffs are down 9-4 and Tad still hasn't called a time out with 17:27 remaining in the half! PAHI, syco, and the gang start calling for Tad's head, wondering why Dom and Wes are still on the team, screaming for Yaz and predicting a loss, telling us all "I told you so, we're gonna lose to frigging FT LEWIS!".

The Buffs then go on a 22-4 run and coast to a 87-53 victory and all is well in Buffland for a few more days.

If I am not mistaken Haldorsen really wanted to go to CU. His grandfather was Burdette Haldorson who was a significant part of CU's basketball history. There were some hard feelings when a scholly offer didn't come.

He then went to Wyoming and from there transfered to Ft. Lewis.

If I am not mistaken Haldorsen really wanted to go to CU. His grandfather was Burdette Haldorson who was a significant part of CU's basketball history. There were some hard feelings when a scholly offer didn't come.

He then went to Wyoming and from there transfered to Ft. Lewis.

You are not mistaken. From his bio when he was playing for the pokes:
Personal: The son of Brian and Karen Haldorson, Austin was born on Jan. 30, 1994, in Littleton, Colo. He has two sisters, Marisa and Brooke. Austin is the grandson of University of Colorado All-American Burdette Haldorson, who was named to the 1956 and 1960 U.S. Olympic teams. Burdette is a member of CU's Athletic Hall of Fame and his number (22) is retired. Austin is majoring in business administration at Wyoming. He was also recruited by Nevada, Air Force, Denver, Saint Louis, Princeton and South Dakota.

Opportunity to work on perimeter D. We need every opportunity we can get to develop there. Post should do what was done to UNC.

This could be a great game for Wes to gain some confidence snd get on track offensively. I could see something like 18-13-6 from him tonight.

Doesn't look like I'll make it to the game tonight. Will be able to watch, though.

RollTad

These guys LAUNCH 3's to the tune of more than 20+ in a half on occasion, they also play a lot of zone defense. If they are hot and we sleep walk things could get interesting.

I can't wait until we play some consistent competition. This team plays to their opponent in the worst way...so flat tonight, especially after that initial line shift.

I do appreciate being able to hear Tad well during this broadcast though.

Up 2 at halftime. Holy ****. I cannot believe those threes at the end of the half. Geez.

FLC playing like they have nothing to lose (which is true, game doesn't count on their record), CU forgetting to adequately defend the perimeter.

The only thing keeping me sane right now is knowing that Tad is more pissed off than I am about this defensive effort.

Expected a look ahead type of game, but this lack of effort on D is not cutting it. Tad needs to tear this team a new one.

Back