What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

*** Official 2015 Game Thread: Colorado @ Washington ***

why did Thomas only get 3 minutes? I know he picked up 2 fouls in those 3 minutes but it weird to not see him out there. Does Tad not reward consistency and effort in practice with playing time?

We are not a good team when we don't have balance and rely on Ski to shoot us into a game. That's not a recipe for success. It will work occassionally (see USC in LA) - but not consistently.

See my pre-season predicdtion post. Said very clearly if we have to rely on Ski to carry the team, we were NIT bound.

I was over-exuberant then evidently. I apoligize.

So what you're saying is if others also score a lot of points around Ski, we have a better chance of winning than if only Ski scores a lot of points? I agree!

Buffs tonight:

- Held UW to 30.5% shooting
- Won the glass 40-35
- Had season low 8 turnovers

17 point win even with the rebounding edge being a bit of a mirage (12-11 in OREB for UW).

Those are the 3 keys for #Tadball.

Damn, wish I had gone to the game. Had prior commitments but coulda made it happen. Want to be cautious, but maybe we're figuring some things out. After the dumpster fire this year has been, a late run would be nice. And I'd love to be proved dead wrong and us make the NIT.

Oh, and UW is gawd awful. Program has plummeted. Romar has to be on his last leg.

I caught the second half of the game. CU looked sharp. I really liked what I saw in how they attacked the zone. I hadn't seen that kind of ball movement from this team all year long. I know UW is down, and their best player is out, but this was an impressive win on the road. This was probably their best game of the season, in fact.

Watching that game made me mad at the games we let slip away. UW, Cal, ASU, OSU, CSU, UGA, Hawaii. Those seven games are all winable games that had we won, we'd be looking at our 4th consecutive NCAA appearance. I don't know if this is any kind of turning point, but it was great to see the team playing well and especially seeing Scott finally step up and dominate. Haven't really seen that from him all year long. Possibly a glimmer of hope for next year?

I caught the second half of the game. CU looked sharp. I really liked what I saw in how they attacked the zone. I hadn't seen that kind of ball movement from this team all year long. I know UW is down, and their best player is out, but this was an impressive win on the road. This was probably their best game of the season, in fact.

Watching that game made me mad at the games we let slip away. UW, Cal, ASU, OSU, CSU, UGA, Hawaii. Those seven games are all winable games that had we won, we'd be looking at our 4th consecutive NCAA appearance. I don't know if this is any kind of turning point, but it was great to see the team playing well and especially seeing Scott finally step up and dominate. Haven't really seen that from him all year long. Possibly a glimmer of hope for next year?

The ball movement against the zone was beautiful most of the game. Lots of rotation, players moving, smart passes. It is amazing how well a motion offense can work when the players are in motion...

XJ being a back up is also bringing a spark to the 2nd unit and we may have found a good spot for him to work. JS was the player I expected to see this year. It was awesome. Ski played a bit more of the distributor role and it worked pretty well. Dom played well too. Would love to make a run in the Pac-12 tourney, but if we have to play UofA on thursday, I just don't see it happening. Although with RHJ injured for the time being, maybe there is a glimmer there.

This team finally seems to have cracked the zone, which is something i've been waiting for. Though I have to agree with sacky. There have been too many close losses (CSU, GW, Hawaii, ASU, Home v Wash, Cal) - Not only were all those winnable games, Only Cal and ASU were > 3, and the asU game had a lot of garbage FTs. Win half those, and this season is entirely different.

Not sure I like XJ coming off the bench. Like his energy and his game - he should probably get into the gym this summer and earn his starting back.

Also with dt last night - not sure why he didnt go back in. I knew when he went out that was it for the half, but not sure why he didnt go back in.

this is a good point. We are 1-4 in games decided by 5 points or less and I bet historically we win more than 50% of these two possession games.

5 point games: 1-4
6 point games: 3-5
7 point games: 3-7

I think the games we really should have won are CSU and UW. You gotta protect the home court and do whatever it takes to win. Those two games would have meant the NIT for us and we lost both of them by two points. You get one more stop, have one less turnover, or get one more rebound and you have a chance to win those games. Our teams need to have this mentality that a little extra effort can have a huge change in the outcome of a game and your season.

Not sure I like XJ coming off the bench. Like his energy and his game - he should probably get into the gym this summer and earn his starting back.

I think it's working for right now, but as we saw his freshman year he has a hard time getting into the game mentally if he's not starting (note: I think Dom is the same way). It's a delicate game we're going to have to play.

I was at the game last night and a few observations from what I witnessed firsthand.

-The Huskies are even worse in person than on TV. That was a mash unit and I feel bad for Andrew Andrews. When Kingma is getting minutes you know you are in deep trouble. The kid from Belgium is awful. Slow, can't shoot, got away with a lot of fouls that went uncalled.

-XJ is snake bitten but he brings it on himself. I just wonder what goes through his mind. He did play well in the 2nd half but he needs to avoid the mental lapses. See, intentional foul, bad charge, missed dunk, cheap reach in fouls. He will never get the benefit of the doubt from officials. His second half two hand dunk off the nice feed from Gordon was awesome in person.

-Fletcher needs to play in front of his family more often. He looked quick, finished, played smart and even got a nice haircut and shave while in town at home.

- Josh Scott although playing against inferior opponents looked more healthy than we have seen him in a long time. Got down on the floor a couple times for loose balls popped back up, finished with his left hand numerous times and should have had 30 if Tad didn't keep taking him out.

-Ski looked uninterested last night, let's hope in Pullman he plays better and looks like he actually cares.

-Hec Ed (old name for arena) was empty. Never seen the place so empty. Partially a 6pm local start time, mainly because the Huskies are god awful.

-Decent showing from Buff fans, I saw quite a few wearing black and gold and it felt good to be jumping up for all those dunks. That is more like the play we have been expecting all season.

-1 more win and that is 3 in a row and a nice boost heading into the Pac Tourney, would like to see a couple wins there just to make things interesting. Stranger things have happened.

Go Buffs

I was at the game last night and a few observations from what I witnessed firsthand.

-The Huskies are even worse in person than on TV. That was a mash unit and I feel bad for Andrew Andrews. When Kingma is getting minutes you know you are in deep trouble. The kid from Belgium is awful. Slow, can't shoot, got away with a lot of fouls that went uncalled.

-XJ is snake bitten but he brings it on himself. I just wonder what goes through his mind. He did play well in the 2nd half but he needs to avoid the mental lapses. See, intentional foul, bad charge, missed dunk, cheap reach in fouls. He will never get the benefit of the doubt from officials. His second half two hand dunk off the nice feed from Gordon was awesome in person.

-Fletcher needs to play in front of his family more often. He looked quick, finished, played smart and even got a nice haircut and shave while in town at home.

- Josh Scott although playing against inferior opponents looked more healthy than we have seen him in a long time. Got down on the floor a couple times for loose balls popped back up, finished with his left hand numerous times and should have had 30 if Tad didn't keep taking him out.

-Ski looked uninterested last night, let's hope in Pullman he plays better and looks like he actually cares.

-Hec Ed (old name for arena) was empty. Never seen the place so empty. Partially a 6pm local start time, mainly because the Huskies are god awful.

-Decent showing from Buff fans, I saw quite a few wearing black and gold and it felt good to be jumping up for all those dunks. That is more like the play we have been expecting all season.

-1 more win and that is 3 in a row and a nice boost heading into the Pac Tourney, would like to see a couple wins there just to make things interesting. Stranger things have happened.

Go Buffs

1 more win locks us in as the 8 seed against Cal. Could get a win there, however next game is against UofA. As the 8 seed I don't see the buffs playing past thursday.

Enjoyed the game but I'm leaving it at that for now. All season we've been looking for a breakthrough and after every win we project that it's finally happened, then find out it hasn't. The next game will be revealing - we trounced WSU in boulder, but they've done well in Pullman, and played Utah close yesterday. I would consider a solid win at WSU a very positive indicator of late season improvement, rather than just looking good against weak competition.

Enjoyed the game but I'm leaving it at that for now. All season we've been looking for a breakthrough and after every win we project that it's finally happened, then find out it hasn't. The next game will be revealing - we trounced WSU in boulder, but they've done well in Pullman, and played Utah close yesterday. I would consider a solid win at WSU a very positive indicator of late season improvement, rather than just looking good against weak competition.

Exactly. A solid win at WSU will give me some hope that we can upset at least a couple people in Vegas. Playing UofA is going to be rough though.

Back