What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Bubble Watch Thread

According to 131, CU would play either Providence or Wichita State in the 1st round, due to the other two 10 seeds being Pac-12 schools. Those would both be fun draws.

2 Seeds would be Oklahoma (hell no), Xavier, UNC, or Miami (this one please)

Florida has an opportunity, but strong potential for disaster tonight. RPI 48 (very Bubbly) and hosting Kentucky. 5:00, ESPN. Kentucky favored by 3.

According to 131, CU would play either Providence or Wichita State in the 1st round, due to the other two 10 seeds being Pac-12 schools. Those would both be fun draws.

2 Seeds would be Oklahoma (hell no), Xavier, UNC, or Miami (this one please)

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

Jerry Palm updated late last night. He's got CU as a 7-seed, playing the St. Bonaventure vs Michigan winner for the right to play Xavier in Rd 2.

I hope it would be better than the last time we played a Big Ten team in the tournament.

What a ****-show that was.

I hope it would be better than the last time we played a Big Ten team in the tournament.

What a ****-show that was.

Spencer got boned in that one. I think it was 2 charges on him where the defender was standing inside the circle and slid under him after he'd picked up his dribble.

Alabama down 2 at home vs Arkansas. 17.6 seconds left. Bama at RPI 60. They're done if they lose.

South Carolina hosts Georgia tonight. You'd never know this due to ESPN pimping the SEC, but South Carolina's RPI has fallen to 43, they have some bad recent losses (Missouri, Mississippi State), and their OOC SOS is an abysmal 266.

South Carolina hosts Georgia tonight. You'd never know this due to ESPN pimping the SEC, but South Carolina's RPI has fallen to 43, they have some bad recent losses (Missouri, Mississippi State), and their OOC SOS is an abysmal 266.
Textbook case of the type of resume the committee loves to snub.

Textbook case of the type of resume the committee loves to snub.

Yup. This is not all that different from CU 2011. South Carolina's RPI is much better, but they're in the SEC. That RPI can drop quickly if they pick up another 2-3 losses. They've got a trip to Arkansas to end the regular season that can damage their resume even further.

Yup. This is not all that different from CU 2011. South Carolina's RPI is much better, but they're in the SEC. That RPI can drop quickly if they pick up another 2-3 losses. They've got a trip to Arkansas to end the regular season that can damage their resume even further.

I'd favor Arkansas that one. A UGA win tonight wouldn't surprise me in the least.

I think UK, aTm and Vandy are solid tourney teams. But I don't think much of the rest. Heck, look at ASU in the OOC and what happened to them in the Pac-12. They'd be dancing if they'd played in the SEC for conference games... and may have won the title.

I'd favor Arkansas that one. A UGA win tonight wouldn't surprise me in the least.

I think UK, aTm and Vandy are solid tourney teams. But I don't think much of the rest. Heck, look at ASU in the OOC and what happened to them in the Pac-12. They'd be dancing if they'd played in the SEC for conference games... and may have won the title.
I've been watching South Carolina a bit tonight. I'm pretty sure Wazzou would give these guys trouble.

South Carolina's RPI now all the way down to 59.....they are absolutely right on the bubble now, IMO. They're playing for their NCAA Tournament life at Arkansas and in the SECT

Cincinnati -thought to be right on the line- lost at Houston. RPI now 51

UConn got destroyed at SMU. RPI now 52

Palm (CBS) Friday update: 7 CU vs St. Bonaventure, win and face UVA. Raleigh

I think playing St. Bonnie would be good. Solid team, but can't complain about facing the #3 or 4 A10 squad as a 7 seed.

The bad news about UVA is they could potentially force us into a 10 minute drought and 25 turnovers The good news is we would absolutely have a big advantage in the post. You've got to try to limit Malcolm Brogdon and force others to step up. Easier said than done.

USA Today has 7 CU facing Providence then North Carolina. NYC

Last edited:
Reactions: aik
I'm having a hard time taking Joe Lunardi seriously as long as he continues to have LSU (RPI 88) in his "First Four Out".

Back