What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Coaching Carousel Thread - How safe is Kevin Sumlin´s job?

Edsall officially out.

Not sure why you do it at this point. Your last two opponents have been Michigan and Ohio State and not many coaches are going to win either of those games. I don't see how Locksley is going to be the answer for the rest of the year either. I think the press conference sealed his fate above all, because this just looks like you're giving up the rest of the year.

Truthfully, most coaching hires don't work.

Puts me as a strong lean into the camp of sticking with what you've got if you believe he's competent.

It's a really interesting study actually.

I think you got to look at what did the coach inherit and what is the trend.
ASU: good coach, but are they better now than when Graham inherited Erickson's thugs? I'd say probably not.
UofA: Does RichRod have them getting better?
Neither coach is on the hotseat now, but I think there's evidence to suggest they are not climbing the ranks.

What's the trajectory right now at FSU? Oklahoma? Oregon?

Harbaugh? Instant turnarounds at both Stanford and Michigan. But he inherited good talent that vastly underperformed. So we shouldn't be surprised. Can he keep the trajectory tilted up? Stanford history says YES.

If you're Texass, you don't fire your HC. It's way too early to tell but that OU victory buys some time.

So he claims alcoholism as a disease and tells them fire me and I will sue you for way more than you would already owe me.

This isn't going to end well for him but buys him some time, also might keep them from firing him for cause.

So he claims alcoholism as a disease and tells them fire me and I will sue you for way more than you would already owe me.

This isn't going to end well for him but buys him some time, also might keep them from firing him for cause.

You're way out of line.

Damn, USC was looking dumpster fireish, but that is one fast hook. That looks like a really bad hire by the AD.

I hope Sark gets himself healthy. He's a talented guy. I expect he's done at USC, but he's clearly young enough to get back to the top at a major program.

I repeat myself: you're way out of line here.

I feel kinda bad for Sark. I have a cousin who is an alcoholic and I can't imagine combining that with being the HC of one of the most high profile CFB teams in the country. That's an awful combination.

I repeat myself: you're way out of line here.

Please explain. Not in any way saying alcoholism is not a disease, my impression is that it is fully accepted in the medical community. I also have a couple of longtime friends who are dealing with it, fortunately they have remained in sobriety.

Post is in reference to the idea that Sark, wisely, may have reminded Haden that while it is legal to fire somebody for inappropriate use of alcohol they have legal protections against firing them for a medical reason.

Had it simply been a case of Sark being under the influence at work, failing to appear for for certain obligations etc. they may have had cause to fire him for cause and not owe him his full buyout. Once it becomes an issue of a medical condition that goes out the window. They can get rid of him but they owe him his money.

Either way he is still going to end up not the coach of USC but this way they end up paying him what they owe him.

Don't see that as out of line.

WTF?

The guy has a serious problem, much worse than losing football games.

I feel kinda bad for Sark. I have a cousin who is an alcoholic and I can't imagine combining that with being the HC of one of the most high profile CFB teams in the country. That's an awful combination.

And Sark is in the middle of a very tough divorce.

WTF?

The guy has a serious problem, much worse than losing football games.

Absolutely not denying that, but this is a football thread.

I hope he gets the treatment he needs, I then hope that can make the changes he needs to remain sober and have a happy healthy rest of his life.

That won't be as the coach of USC though. Fair or not that ship has sailed.

As Nik mentioned Sark is young enough and respected enough that he should be able to get another chance as a HC someplace.

I think you should just shut up. You'd be doing yourself a huge favor.

Didn't realize I had unintentionally hit a sensitive nerve with you. As stated before I do not in any way doubt the legitimacy or seriousness of the situation.

Hope only the best for him in dealing with it. Do you think however that Sark going into rehab is likely to somehow change his eventual status as the USC head coach?

TDBuff is probably the most correct, Haden should have encouraged him to get treatment earlier in the process before it got to this point.

Back