What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Coaching Carousel

I'm glad to be at the point where we know MM can turn around a program and are just waiting to see if he can sustain his success.

So you're saying we should just kick back, have an IPA, and quit worrying about it?

Hallelujah to what you said though.... Feels good man.

I'm also not arguing that Herman should not be questioned, more just saying his resume absolutely blows Hawkins' resume out of the water.

I agree with that. Hawkins was not a good example and pretty much should never be brought up except in the ****ing Clowns thread and name your poop thread.

Weekly reset:

Open jobs:

1. FIU- Ron Turner fired before the leaves turned. Names: Who cares.
2. Purdue- Darrell Hazell fired. Names: early rumor Troy Calhoun of AFA (he has since denied), and practically every B1G assistant out there.
3. Fresno St.- DeRuyter out, former Buff Eric Kiesau the interim.

Highly probable openings:

1. LSU- Les Miles canned. Ed "The Cajun Wild Man" Orgeron at the helm with an interim tag. Names: Herman, Briles.
2. Baylor- Old Man Grobe at the helm with an interim tag. Names: Don't know, but something tells me Dykes may be on their radar.
3. UT-I'll go ahead and add them here, Strong is 3-4 for the third year in a row. I really doubt he will survive.

I think Helfrich at Oregon could be added to the probable list. I like Charlie Strong but he is in over his head at Texas, that is becoming more obvious.
Could Brian Kelly be in trouble at ND? Probably not this year. I am hearing the chemistry with the players is a disaster.

Oklahoma could use a new DC also but since it is Stoops brother that probably is not going to happen. I think we can safely say the Brent Venables is missed at OU.

Kingsbury has an uphill battle to make a bowl. Does he survive at 5-7? I don't think so.
Mason in Vanderbilt might be in the same situation.

I think Helfrich at Oregon could be added to the probable list. I like Charlie Strong but he is in over his head at Texas, that is becoming more obvious.
Could Brian Kelly be in trouble at ND? Probably not this year. I am hearing the chemistry with the players is a disaster.

Oklahoma could use a new DC also but since it is Stoops brother that probably is not going to happen. I think we can safely say the Brent Venables is missed at OU.

Land thief fans still rue not getting Leavitt - as their LB coach. They thot they had a real shot at that happening before we hired him. Pretty delusional to think JL would take a position coach position over being a DC.

Anyone worried if Herman goes to Texas that he will have a good shot flipping some of our Texas commits?

Kingsbury and Kelly are safe. Mason? Maybe.

I think you may see Dan Mullen looking for an exit strategy out of the worst job in the SEC West. Fit at Oregon?

Heard this morning that Tedford (ex-Cal) and Fresno State are mutually interested.

He did a fairly decent job of recruiting at Cal but couldn't get the program winning consistently. Wonder how he would do at the G5 level.

Heard this morning that Tedford (ex-Cal) and Fresno State are mutually interested.

He did a fairly decent job of recruiting at Cal but couldn't get the program winning consistently. Wonder how he would do at the G5 level.
That's because he routinely lost many of those good recruits to academic issues. Wouldn't have the same problem at Fresno.

I always thought Tedford was a pretty good coach. I thought the main reason he was having trouble getting a gig was he had health issues...

A guy like Leavitt has really no questions to be answered. He built a #2 ranked USF program from NO program. Nobody in CFB can match that! Plus his work here.

I always take the "Don't repeat the Dan Hawkins disaster" approach. Dig deep and look for faults and cracks.

Herman
1. Nice job as OC at Iowa State, but not mind blowing.
2. Great run at Ohio State as OC, but under Urban Meyer. I'm always concerned in these situations that pretty much anyone could look good in those types of situations.
3. Only experience as HC is at Houston, where they had a magical 2015 season. But he had NO hand in developing that roster or the talent. First year guy. They have a lot of athletes on that squad. But now, as a Head Coach, whe:re can he take that program or another program? Someone is going to pay him a crap load of money not really knowing what they are getting. Plus, never trust a guy who is a Mensa member. Never.

If you are going for a coordinator it would seem to me that anyone whose offense/defense is in the top20 in total offense/defense week by week should get the investigation started. If they hang around that ranking or go up as the year wears on you check a box. Then if you look back a year and then the year before that and see ranking improvement you check some more boxes. Go Look at the recruiting trends under the guy, check some more boxes. Ask around and make sure hes not a drunk or into little boys. Then Look up his pay and contact his agent...

Anyone worried if Herman goes to Texas that he will have a good shot flipping some of our Texas commits?

I think it's possible. They are trending in the opposite direction from us but Texas recruits are almost always going to take a look at a new development at the flagship U. I am hoping if Herman turns out to be a big school bust, though there is nothing to suggest he will be, that Texas gets an offer to him soon he can't say no to and they end up on the hook for 3 more years of Strong-like mediocrity. Whatever happens, I hope their obnoxious gaggle of boosters gets involved in the search and prevents them from making the most well reasoned candidate search. Their current AD is one of them.

No. Cooked list. Done. Overdone. Burnt. Dude should have been fired last year. Very clearly in a spiral 1 year ago.
I get the idea he should have been let go after last year, but he was one year removed from (edit) playing in the national championship. No one gets fired in that situation. It will be a national headline this year when he gets let go for the same reason (just 2 years removed from the NC).

Last edited:
I get the idea he should have been let go after last year, but he was one year removed from winning the national championship. No one gets fired in that situation. It will be a national headline this year when he gets let go for the same reason (just 2 years removed from the NC).
upload_2016-10-25_5-29-42.png

If Helfrich gets another year, that is showing some incredible patience on Oregons part. I'm not sure what he's done to warrant it. Recruiting has dropped, the play on the field has suffered, and they can't seem to find a quarterback to save their life.

If Helfrich gets another year, that is showing some incredible patience on Oregons part. I'm not sure what he's done to warrant it. Recruiting has dropped, the play on the field has suffered, and they can't seem to find a quarterback to save their life.
I don't see that happening but hope it does.

If you're the Ducks, isn't Chip Kelly your first call? Another gig to keep an eye on is Arizona-Mullen would fit there better than Duckland

incredible patience or lack of faith in UO other than the belotti/chip tree in the post-mariota world. he's clearly in over his head.....true, i have no love for the guy from his time here but he wasn't even remotely qualified for that job. again, they made a weak, safe in house hire and crossed their fingers. didn't work.

If you're the Ducks, isn't Chip Kelly your first call? Another gig to keep an eye on is Arizona-Mullen would fit there better than Duckland
Zona just gave RichRod a huge extension last off season so I doubt they would be able to fire him this year.

Back