What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Coaching Carousel

If Helfrich gets another year, that is showing some incredible patience on Oregons part. I'm not sure what he's done to warrant it. Recruiting has dropped, the play on the field has suffered, and they can't seem to find a quarterback to save their life.

The crazy thing to me is that Helfrich found Mariota & hasn't been able to find or develop a QB since then.

Great QB play would have mostly covered the train wreck on defense. But that D is the main issue. They really miss Nick Alliota both schematically and in recruiting. It's very hard to coordinate a defense that handles all the quick changes & lack of TOP from the offensive system there.

The crazy thing to me is that Helfrich found Mariota & hasn't been able to find or develop a QB since then.

Great QB play would have mostly covered the train wreck on defense. But that D is the main issue. They really miss Nick Alliota both schematically and in recruiting. It's very hard to coordinate a defense that handles all the quick changes & lack of TOP from the offensive system there.
Listening to the Oregon players complain, it sounds like the guys on D don't care and have quit. Maybe hiring a former head coach whose players quit on him at Michigan wasn't such a hot idea.

I admit I got suckered by the Brady Hoke hire. I thought he wouid really make a difference. Man, was I wrong. Just goes to show that a big name isn't always the best move.

I don't buy Herman to Texas being "done". Assuming Orgeron isn't handed the LSU job (seems likely if he doesn't beat Alabama), doesn't he at least interview there?

I don't buy Herman to Texas being "done". Assuming Orgeron isn't handed the LSU job (seems likely if he doesn't beat Alabama), doesn't he at least interview there?
It depends on who you ask. Supposedly Herman has always coveted the Texas job and was willing to wait it out at UH until it was open. Texas is the better job anyways.

How amazing would it be if Leach, Helfrich, Dykes, Rodriguez, Graham, Mora, and Helton all kept their jobs for 2017?

How amazing would it be if Leach, Helfrich, Dykes, Rodriguez, Graham, Mora, and Helton all kept their jobs for 2017?
Leach is keeping his job.
Hilton looks on track to finish on an up note.
Helfrich is gone.
The rest are mediocre at best but will likely get another year.

Leach is keeping his job.
Hilton looks on track to finish on an up note.
Helfrich is gone.
The rest are mediocre at best but will likely get another year.

Excellent. While I wouldn't mind poaching some broken up recruiting classes, having coaches who have long ago hit their ceiling with their talent makes for a fun conference take over. No need to hurry in any new energy at most of those places.

When everyone else in the Pac 12 is freaking out about their coaches, Kansas is (still) paying Weis $2.5M not to coach, and you're happy with your staff:
Lipton_Kermit-630x422.png

If LSU does beat Alabama then it would be a huge over-reaction by LSU to hire Orgeron. He failed miserably at Ole Miss and his success as a head coach has come as an interim, which is typically a recipe for short-term success.

If LSU does beat Alabama then it would be a huge over-reaction by LSU to hire Orgeron. He failed miserably at Ole Miss and his success as a head coach has come as an interim, which is typically a recipe for short-term success.

Players love him. Ace recruiter. Seems like he has learned how to manage a staff and games. He might be the surest bet out there.

Players love him. Ace recruiter. Seems like he has learned how to manage a staff and games. He might be the surest bet out there.

Sure, they love him as an interim when the players have a reason to rally. He recruited very well at Ole Miss and how did that work out?

Belichick and Orgeron comparison? Really? So many ways to call that apples and oranges.

I do agree he'll probably do a better job this time around, but he won't meet LSU's current expectations.

Early name (way early) to keep an eye on to work his way up? Neal Brown at Troy. Only 36 years old. Played at Kentucky and UMass. Been at Texas Tech and UK in assistant spots, but is doing a solid job in Troy early on, going from 4-8 in year 1 to now sitting at 6-1. I'd keep an eye on him.

I know he just got to Wyoming and is only a couple years removed from FCS ball but how long till Bohl starts getting some attention for a P5 job?

I know he just got to Wyoming and is only a couple years removed from FCS ball but how long till Bohl starts getting some attention for a P5 job?
He's getting up there, age wise. He might just stick around up there for another 6-7 years and call it a career.

i have a buddy who works in the Zona AD, he says they are seriously considering removing him at the end of the year
Rich Rod is a huge dick. However, he has given Arizona football something they have never had. A constant winner. They will and always will be a basketball School. I hope they do it.

Rich Rod is a huge dick. However, he has given Arizona football something they have never had. A constant winner. They will and always will be a basketball School. I hope they do it.
They had the same winning percentage, roughly, under Dick Tomey in the 90s - remember the Desert Storm defense?

Back