What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Coaching Carousel

Tennessee, Kentucky, Auburn all look very ripe for an opening next offseason. Tom Herman or someone in a similar position will get an SEC bagman posted at the entrance to their subdivision.

Tennessee, Kentucky, Auburn all look very ripe for an opening next offseason. Tom Herman or someone in a similar position will get an SEC bagman posted at the entrance to their subdivision.

If Stoops gets fired at Kentucky and Leavitt gets poached away for a HC job, that would be a great DC hire for CU. Same philosophical tree and has been running a similar 3-4 defense.

I wonder if Mullen jumps this season assuming he can salvage it. He hasn't been able to recruit to Starksville well enough to consistently win unless he has a Dak level QB. Might be good to strike while the iron is still kinda hot.

I wonder if Mullen jumps this season assuming he can salvage it. He hasn't been able to recruit to Starksville well enough to consistently win unless he has a Dak level QB. Might be good to strike while the iron is still kinda hot.
He's too late, should have jumped last year.

Arkansas, too. But then Arky is strange. They always seem to open slow and then have a 3 week run late in the season where they look like world beaters and shut out Alabama, LSU and Ole Miss back to back to back.

Arkansas, too. But then Arky is strange. They always seem to open slow and then have a 3 week run late in the season where they look like world beaters and shut out Alabama, LSU and Ole Miss back to back to back.
That's a huge buyout though.

Is Lane Kiffin doing enough at Alabama to get himself in the mix for one of the bigger P5 jobs again?

I recall Stoops at Kentucky being used as the blueprint for turnarounds here a few years back..

I recall Stoops at Kentucky being used as the blueprint for turnarounds here a few years back..

Not by me. He did kill it that one year with keeping an unusually good in-state class home, though. I remember giving him props for that.

I can't believe that UK has one of the top 5 coaching budgets in the nation. Kentucky isn't exactly getting their money's worth.

Dez is on College Football Live saying that he wouldn't vote Alabama #1 because they beat up on an inferior opponent. Said that USC looked like a high school team. Wow. That's the kind of talk that will have the USC faithful going absolutely ape****. Helton better win against Utah State.

Dez is on College Football Live saying that he wouldn't vote Alabama #1 because they beat up on an inferior opponent. Said that USC looked like a high school team. Wow. That's the kind of talk that will have the USC faithful going absolutely ape****. Helton better win against Utah State.
Heard that, I was thinking around similar lines.

Aside from the first quarter, I think he's right. USC looked about as bad as they've ever looked in that game. Granted, Alabama is Alabama, but has USC ever been beaten that badly?

I can't imagine that there is an AD or university president in the country that would stand next to Briles at a press conference announcing his hiring.

I can't imagine that there is an AD or university president in the country that would stand next to Briles at a press conference announcing his hiring.

"We have talked to many people and fully vetted Coach Briles. He is an honorable, Christian man who was never directly involved in any of the unfortunate incidents that occurred at Baylor. Those incidents have proven to be systemic to the university and led to the removal of its President. Coach Briles was in a position of responsibility and took the public criticism upon himself rather than see his assistant coaches be unfairly persecuted. I am confident that in Coach Art Briles we are hiring a man of supreme character who will lead our program for many years in a way in which we can all be proud."

Or something to that effect.

What the school's fans will hear: "Yada. Yada. Yada. We're gonna ****ing win!"

What everyone else will hear: "Yada. Yada. Yada. We're selling our souls to win."

"We have talked to many people and fully vetted Coach Briles. He is an honorable, Christian man who was never directly involved in any of the unfortunate incidents that occurred at Baylor. Those incidents have proven to be systemic to the university and led to the removal of its President. Coach Briles was in a position of responsibility and took the public criticism upon himself rather than see his assistant coaches be unfairly persecuted. I am confident that in Coach Art Briles we are hiring a man of supreme character who will lead our program for many years in a way in which we can all be proud."

Or something to that effect.

What the school's fans will hear: "Yada. Yada. Yada. We're gonna ****ing win!"

What everyone else will hear: "Yada. Yada. Yada. We're selling our souls to win."

His best bet is to pursue an assistant coaching or consulting gig like Tressel and the Colts a while back

The Briles rehab has started. Rinaldi interview on GameDay. KDTX piece. If Herman jumps, Houston will be in the mix. Aub if Malzahn gets canned.

Back