What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Coaching Carousel

Agreed. I feel the same about Stoops at Oklahoma. Both good coaches who could use a year off to recharge and start fresh somewhere else.
Les is 62, he either takes a Houston like job (Power G5 team) and has fun and builds or he goes for a studio job and stays there.

Les is 62, he either takes a Houston like job (Power G5 team) and has fun and builds or he goes for a studio job and stays there.

And it won't be like he needs the money. He has also accomplished enough that I don't see any glaring boxes to be checked on his list.

Who does LSU go after? They will swing for the fences and think everyone wants the job.

1. Herman - he is the big name.
2. NFL Guy?
3. Stoops or another big name to jump
4. A Dykes or Wittingham type - sold coach looking to get out of dodge
5. Retain Orgeron or a top coordinator (least likely to me)

2011 LSU was incredible. Sucks they ran into one of the best defenses I've ever seen.

Edit: Herman/Aranda would be the GOAT combo.

Stoops should seriously consider jumping to LSU.
Dunno. LSU wants championships and Stoops teams tend to wilt in the spotlight lately. Not sure that's a great fit.

I see Stoops at a USC like program. Money, power, prestige but not a fan base the expects to win a natty every year. I may be way off base on that but it's my impression.

What I find a bit more interesting, what direction would Oklahoma go in? I have no idea. I'm interested to see your thoughts on that.

Dunno. LSU wants championships and Stoops teams tend to wilt in the spotlight lately. Not sure that's a great fit.

I see Stoops at a USC like program. Money, power, prestige but not a fan base the expects to win a natty every year. I may be way off base on that but it's my impression.

What I find a bit more interesting, what direction would Oklahoma go in? I have no idea. I'm interested to see your thoughts on that.
Oklahoma would go all in on Herman as well. If I were Herman I would go for Okie over the Bayou

Stoops has stated publicly that his current gig is a "destination" job. So I'm not sure he would jump at the lsu opening.

If he did, you would probably see the land thieves go full bore after Herman. He's a winner with lots of connections on the Texas recruiting circuit.

Have to realize with these big time firings they usually go complete opposite of what they had. They replace an old antiquated coach with a new, young coach who runs a modern offense which will excel with the athletes they get. Only thing that could hold it up is the fact that they are going to have a huge buyout and Herman is going to be what another 10 million?

Back