What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Coaching Carousel

I can't believe Bohn went with another highway hire, lol. Though admittedly it worked out pretty well for us with Boyle.

Fickell gets a 6 year deal but will stay with tOSU through the playoffs. So much for recruiting Bohn.

I will take the other side of that argument. He was background noise at CU and Kelly was the real OC even as HC at UO.

You can go back to ASU, though. He's been respected as a QB coach for a long time. I'm not as high on him as an OC, where I think he's an average P5 guy.

Would be a great hire. Helfrich is a damn good QB Coach and a better than average OC. More than anything, LSU needs to get its QB position playing at a winning level.
I don't know, that he's had such a hard time finding QBs at Oregon would be a red flag for me.

I don't know, that he's had such a hard time finding QBs at Oregon would be a red flag for me.

That's my main concern. Between Mariota and Herbert, there were several misses. But he did get those FCS transfers prepared in a hurry the last 2 years. I would expect significantly upgraded QB play at LSU if they hire Helfrich.

Was QB development really that big of an issue for Oregon though? Mariota to Adams to prokup to Herbert wasn't that bad. Offense was never really the issue and he had Oregon in the top 20 last year with his starting QB missing 4 games.

Was QB development really that big of an issue for Oregon though? Mariota to Adams to prokup to Herbert wasn't that bad. Offense was never really the issue and he had Oregon in the top 20 last year with his starting QB missing 4 games.
Mariota came when Kelly was still running the offense so I have no idea how much credit goes to Helfrich for him. The rest have been patchwork guys and transfers. Why haven't blue chip HS QBs signed up to play for Helfrich if he's such a QB guru?

Mariota came when Kelly was still running the offense so I have no idea how much credit goes to Helfrich for him. The rest have been patchwork guys and transfers. Why haven't blue chip HS QBs signed up to play for Helfrich if he's such a QB guru?
Well helfrich found and recruited mariota. I guess I am not going to just put that much blame on him for going and getting two of the most wanted grad transfers back to back seasons. They did sign some good prospects like Travis Waller who was the highest rated spread option QB in his class, they just haven't worked out yet.

Well helfrich found and recruited mariota. I guess I am not going to just put that much blame on him for going and getting two of the most wanted grad transfers back to back seasons. They did sign some good prospects like Travis Waller who was the highest rated spread option QB in his class, they just haven't worked out yet.
He did help Cody Hawkins shatter the CU record books, so I guess there's that...

WTF? You really care?
It doesn't keep me up at night, but yeah, I am happy to see Sefo, who has given his body time and again for this team and who's leadership led this team to one of our greatest seasons, get the records. Cody was a good kid and Buff, but he owns a lot of those records thanks to his dad starting him all of those years when he wasn't always the best option.

idk if Helfrich is great, but he's definitely a step in the right direction. Miles hitching his wagon to Cameron Cameron for the last few years definitely played a large role in his firing.

Back