What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Coaching Carousel

I know there could still be some movement, but is it safe to say that JL will be back with the Buffs next year?
As long as you don't jinx us. The FAU job is still open and even though it has been said he isn't candidate anymore, I would wait until all jobs are filled.

South Florida: Chris Low of ESPN is now reporting that Charlie Strong has agreed to a deal to become USF’s new head coach. Low adds that Strong would like to take most of his staff from Texas with him, including offensive coordinator Sterlin Gilbert.

I'm actually surprised Sterlin Gilbert hasn't been snatched up as someone's OC already. Offense was not the problem at Texas this year.

He's very different. It's hard to hire someone who is very different.

I had never seen that. Thanks. He's a likable guy for sure, but that kind of tchotchke stuff will get old at the big time level, for sure. It's almost a manufactured enthusiam, where the elite level guys don't/shouldn't need that.

Recruiting in Florida is going to be CRAZZYYY. Jimbo, Donkeyteeth, Saban, Smart, Richt, the SEC and ACC, Strong, Frost, and potentially Kiffin. Glad we are anchoring in Texas and Cali.

Recruiting in Florida is going to be CRAZZYYY. Jimbo, Donkeyteeth, Saban, Smart, Richt, the SEC and ACC, Strong, Frost, and potentially Kiffin. Glad we are anchoring in Texas and Cali.

Also have Butch Davis at FIU. Got to assume that when you win a Natty at Miami you've got some recruiting chops in Florida.

Also have Butch Davis at FIU. Got to assume that when you win a Natty at Miami you've got some recruiting chops in Florida.
He had a big "recruiting budget" at Miami. Yes, my former S&C coach was Butch's S&C coach at Miami. There were some good times in South Beach in those days.

The nice thing is that it looks like we are safe for another year with JMFL.
I wouldn't be so sure. K State could still come open after the bowl game. Rumors of Ole Miss and Oregon wanting him as their DC too and if it is true that Ole Miss offered $1.5 million for him that would be tough for him to turn down.

I'm not worried about losing him to another DC job. The KSU job, OTOH, would be concerning.

I wouldn't be so sure. K State could still come open after the bowl game. Rumors of Ole Miss and Oregon wanting him as their DC too and if it is true that Ole Miss offered $1.5 million for him that would be tough for him to turn down.
I'm going to guess that he stays at Colorado unless he is offered a HC job.

I think you have to question what kind of staff he could assemble as well. Oregeron has his own job now, Sarkisian has his demons, Helton has the USC job, Polamalu flopped at UCLA, John Baxter is at Michigan, etc.

Point being, he would be hard pressed to put together a big-time staff right now because it would seem unlikely he could get any of the big names to be his assistants.
He could always exhume daddy to come be his DC.

Kiffin really wanted that HC title (and to not get yelled at in practice every day by Saban).

FAU: Lane Kiffin will average $1 million a year as FAU’s head coach, according to Brett McMurphy. Kiffin made $1.4 million annually at Alabama as the offensive coordinator.

Back