What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Tourney Selection Thread

There's an alleged leaked bracket out there but not sure if it's real. If so then Cuse is a 10 seed playing Dayton, and also Michigan/Tulsa in a play-in game. We'll see if it's real

If so, bad news for programs like San Diego State and St. Mary's.

Get it done Buffs! Take out Uconn and get a chance to shock the bball world with a win against the Skwak Hawks, our hated former confor foe. Tell to step up big time Buffalos!

Quick, which #1 seed in the tourney is known for getting upset by surprise teams in the tourney? Hint, we could see them soon if we beat UConn.

Kansas is very, very good but they are known for destroying peoples brackets with hard to explain losses.

Texas A&M lost 5 games in a row. Duke was unranked for a couple of weeks in February. Come on, guys. Of course, if CU felt slighted by this maybe they should dig deep in the film room and figure out why they **** the bed on so many big leads. Woud've gotten a much more favorable seed if they didn't let a few of those happen.

This show should be on an ESPN family of networks with their college hoops analysts. 3 guys who cover the NBA all season for TNT isn't a good look when you're a college basketball fan wanting to see the bracket treatment done justice.

So who has watched Uconn? I have not watched em play yet

I watched some of their game today. At the end of their conference tourney that included a multiple over time game and their sharpshooter were still canning 3 pointers. In the second half.

Gotta guard the 3 point line and gotta be real physical with their bigs.

They look like a tough team. The Buffs are going to have to be tougher.

As much as I like the TNT NBA crew, these guys clearly don't follow college basketball at a level needed to headline the selection show. Absolutely zero insightful commentary thus far

my god, whoever thought of the 2-hour cluster**** of a show needs to be fired. two ****ing hours to reveal all these teams?! CBS has ruined one of the best sporting moments of the year just because they wanted to drag this bull**** on and make more money on ads. Hopefully the backlash after this one will mean they'll do it the right way next year...

I watched some of their game today. At the end of their conference tourney that included a multiple over time game and their sharpshooter were still canning 3 pointers. In the second half.

Gotta guard the 3 point line and gotta be real physical with their bigs.

They look like a tough team. The Buffs are going to have to be tougher.

Yeah, they were raining 3's

my god, whoever thought of the 2-hour cluster**** of a show needs to be fired. two ****ing hours to reveal all these teams?! CBS has ruined one of the best sporting moments of the year just because they wanted to drag this bull**** on and make more money on ads. Hopefully the backlash after this one will mean they'll do it the right way next year...
Not to mention they picked an NBA crew to lead said cluster***

{snip}
This show should be on an ESPN family of networks with their college hoops analysts. 3 guys who cover the NBA all season for TNT isn't a good look when you're a college basketball fan wanting to see the bracket treatment done justice.

It's absolutely wrong. Since it's a CBS/Turner broadcast for the Dance, they should have their CBSS college studio A-team hosting this show.

If they'd done that, they'd have Doug Gottlieb, Pete Gillen, Steve Lappas, Wally Szczerbiak and Jon Rothstein on here. At least they know college hoops.

USC got an 8 vs Providence to play North Carolina (in Raleigh). That's tough.

So that's two P12 teams that finished ahead of OSU that got seeded behind them. Though I'd much rather play Kansas than Carolina if we make it past our first game.

if that bracket is right, we got a really bad draw. i don't understand the seeding. i never have.

This is the worst selection show I can remember. CBS is ****ing up.

I actually hate CBS for many sports. I don't hate Davis, Kellogg, Gottleib or Gumbel...but none of them are the best. ESPN, as much as I hate SportCenter, has the best analysts imo.

And it's going to really be annoying listening to Jim Nantz. I HATE Jim Nantz...the guy should only be allowed to do golf coverage, and maybe tennis. He is just terrible...no insight, no excitement, no critiques, no original thought...he really made listening to the SB unenjoyable the third and fourth times around.

OK, how in the HELL does CBS show Oregon State and Wiscy as bubble teams and they get 7 seeds and we're an EIGHT???
All I can think is we were a 7 and then those assholes saw they could get a CU-Squawks matchup and switched us. They're also banking on a UT-aTm matchup in the second round too.
Also leaked bracket holding true.

Back