1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Allbuffs Fantasy Baseball Season Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by JimmyBuff, Apr 3, 2010.

1. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Here's the thread where I'll post news and take questions from the league.. Also feel free to use this thread to talk smack about bcs's outfield and stuff like that..:smile2: (although I like your Bruce pick bcs!)

On to the DL matters.. A few questions came up in the other thread and I thought I would post what yahoo says in terms of how the DL works along with a link..

I hope this clears up any confusion about how the DL works.. I'm hoping tomorrow the teams that have players that are on the DL will have their DL spot in place so they can pick up their extra player for Mon.. Seems like ESPN fantasy baseball does a much better job in the management of the DL position ( i was able to move Beltran to the DL 5 min after I finished the draft) than Yahoo so I might email them tomorrow to tell them that since they ask for feedback.. :smile2:

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/sp...all-15.html;_ylt=AiXCT.Kx17qv40S4X9vqYahh1HhG

Also I made a mistake on the innings requirement.. I thought I actually changed it to 1500 before the draft but I seem to have set it at 1700 (which is way high for even a 10 pitcher roster).. So I decided to change it to 1575 to account for the other relief pitcher.. This is a pretty liberal max innings setting (some leagues have a 1250 with 9 pitchers which accounts for a premium of pitchers that are strong in K's) so I don't think it will affect anyone especially since I set the league roster with 3 RP (although I am aware that some pitchers have duel settings which could up your innings and K's)..

Season starts tomorrow.. Good luck to everyone..

Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  2. mdelpizzo_1

mdelpizzo_1 My Dixie Wrecked Club Member

Gold Plated Pintos path to the championship

3. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

I expect an epic battle between BCS and myself for the basement. My team sucks teh big one.

4. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Will somebody call Ron Washington and tell him to put down the crackpipe long enough to put Kinsler on the goddamn DL!!! :bang::pissed3::keule:

5. JimmyBuff

Its not terrible...U got some young studs like Kernshaw, Matusz, Justin Upton (he can definitely have stats similar to Kemp) that can have breakout seasons.. .

U should be able to move Berkman and Wood to the DL and pick up two players.. You have to click on the name and act like you are moving those to the bench or elsewhere in the lineup and then the DL spot "magically" opens up..

Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
  6. Sexton Hardcastle

Cool Thanks for the advice.

I've dropped KWood. I feel that guy will never be healthy this year. Hopefully Jenks (another injury prone kid) can give me more than Kerry.

7. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

my team is filthy!

8. JimmyBuff

my hitters are outhitting u right now... :smile2:

Looks like Frasor blew a game a save for me.. :sad2:

9. sweaty teets

you are wonderboy right? that won't last. i need some of my pitchers to stepup though.

10. JimmyBuff

hey come on.. Yadiar Molina should hit me a grand slam every week and Pudge should hit .750 for the rest of the season.. :lol:

Very angry that I didn't take Heyward in the early 10th or 11th round.. The guy is a frickin stud..

Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
  11. sweaty teets

i see no reason they can't!

12. JimmyBuff

pitching can be picked up though, plus u got the Strasburg ace up your sleeve. . If he hits it will make your pitching staff.

Garza, Lester and Peavy (although I'm concerned that he pitches in that launching pad) are okay for me.. I figure either Hudson or Oswalt will deliver for me but I don't know what the hell to think about Wandy who didn't get out of the 4 inning in any spring start this year.. Time will tell.

Not very excited that I have two Mariners hitters in my starting lineup (Lopez and Figgins)..

13. sweaty teets

i'm really worried about wandy as well (have him in another league). its just spring training, but he got rocked every time he trotted out there.

14. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Beckett killed me against the Yanks last night. But Halladay and Lincecum are doing what they're supposed to do today.

Alex Rios hit a late homer for the Sox. I picked outfield late, so I'm really counting on him to bounce back with a big year.

As I expected, I've got a ton of pitching and then I'm scrambling until I can put a lineup together. (And praying that guys like Reyes and Beltran come off the DL and look like what they were a couple seasons ago.)

15. Sexton Hardcastle

I love watching Lincecum pitch. Amazing he can sling that ball like he does.

16. JimmyBuff

With those top 3 studs (along with Lilly who I like a lot and is on your DL), you should do very well in pitching and if Beltran and Reyes come back and play to what they were, you can really have a great year in this league..

I was happy with my pickup of Blanks from San Diego.. Hit a homer in a meaningless 6-2 game in the bottom of the 9th inning. I'm pretty comfortable with my lineup.. Lots of depth, speed and power. I don't think its the best in the league overall but I do think in all five categories I will be near the top in each one..

League note: I might up the max moves since I didn't take into account preseason moves which I don't think should be counted and picking up guys to replace guys on the DL.. If anyone is violently against that go ahead and respond to why we shouldn't.

17. Sexton Hardcastle

:woot:
    [video=youtube;nS2TPOISrhg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS2TPOISrhg[/video]

18. JimmyBuff

nice pick valdezj.. I'm beyond angry I let this guy slip through till 14th round.. Picking up so many OF in the first few rounds distracted me to fill other positions.. I have in a couple of other leagues so it works out .

Heyward could perform like a 4th round OF this year.

19. JimmyBuff

wandy is espn's fantasy insider's number one pitcher for tomorrow.. He has been lights out against SF in his career so we shall see if his bad spring means anything.

20. sweaty teets

when do the points standings update?

21. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

this wasnt too shabby

[video=youtube;RqsKzZhnWt8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqsKzZhnWt8[/video]

22. JimmyBuff

I think after midnight pacific..

awesome play by Mark b today bcs.. Another shrewd pick by you..

23. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

thank you i may have a ****ty outfield but im solid everywhere else

24. CUwhit21

CUwhit21 Club Member Club Member

If Jacoby Ellsbury can avoid going 0-5 again, that would be super.

25. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

My team's hitting in the .230s with no home runs. I don't think that's good. :lol:

Starting pitching is pretty awesome, though. Haren and Carpenter kicked ass!!

26. JimmyBuff

After my awesome first day, my team is hitting 5 for 30 today. :lol:

Wandy and Lester were pretty mediocre so I'm not off to a good pitching start..

27. canuck_buff

canuck_buff Active Member

Hitting wise i had a damn decent Tuesday but apparently i dug a bit of a whole from the start lol. seasons long and i have the horses, canuck will be heard from!

28. JimmyBuff

Actually just figured out this afternoon while having the yahoo gamechannel on the rockies game that you can get the updated standings of our league and the stats if you click on statstracker and the fantasy option close to the top of the left.. It updates as the stats come in.. dinger is worthless is having a big day and currently leads our league.

Nice performance by Garza tonight.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  29. sweaty teets

ah yes, thank you. stupid ****ing marlins bullpen, nolasco threw a good game.

30. JimmyBuff

I know, what a tough break.. Marlins bullpen is awful along with Nunez.. I got Nunez in another league and I hate him.. He has no competition though so it looks like he'll be the closer for the rest of the year.

I was happy with Garza's performance (who I predict will win the CY Young this year in the AL :smile2:).. Amazing stat on Garza.... Here's Garza's numbers pitching wise: Garza improved to 19-9 with a 2.72 ERA in games against AL East teams; he is 9-25, 5.09 against teams from other divisions Is that crazy or what? He pitches well against the Al East who have the best offenses in the league but can't pitch against the other teams. Clean that up and he can win 20 (although Soriano tried his hardest to blow the 4-2 lead in the ninth)..

Peavy just sucked it up today in about 10 degrees weather in Chicago (okay I guess it wasn't that cold but it seemed like it) after being spotted a 3-0 lead.. The Garrett Jones playing like Albert P. continues as he belts another home run against Kernshaw..