What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Bowl Games Thread

I was totally wrong about Sparkles, he did great with that CSU team. Developed players and coached well on gamedays.

Same here.

A lot of people were, including me.

A lot of people assumed that he was simply riding on the coattails of Sabin and the talent at Bama. He proved that to be wrong.

Will he be successful at the higher level with Florida? Who knows at this point but it wouldn't surprise me.

Pueblo just missed a mid range FG, kicker is only 4 out of his last 10 tries. Hope that doesn't cost them in a tight game today.

Regarding McElwain, I wanted CU to hire him back in 2009 when it looked like Bohn had made the decision to fire Hawkins as soon as the Nebraska game was over.

Still not as sold on Sparkles as some of you, but guess you can't argue with results at the end of the day.

McElwain won a lot of close games and also won a lot of games coming back by keeping his team fighting while making good adjustments. Good example was the bowl win over Wazzu last year when they were pretty much dead in the water.

I think McElwain did a great job up in foco and they won a lot of games, but there are only a few opposing coaches that have given up a lead that big. Juicebox and the Pirate are two that come to mind.

Pueblo just blocked a FG attempt to keep the score at 0-0. Tough, evenly matched game. STs could be the margin.

And McDongal (sp.) just broke of a 30+ yard gain on a sweep to flip the field. Pueblo at the 20, second and 10. 9:28 in the second.

This UU/CSU game is tuning into a pillow fight. I'm looking at these two teams and getting pissed off that we managed to figure out ways to lose to both.

CSU Pueblo 10 MSU 0 at half.

CSUP got a TD at the end of the half even though the receiver had a blatant push-off.

CSU Pueblo 10 MSU 0 at half.

CSUP got a TD at the end of the half even though the receiver had a blatant push-off.

Both hands to the helmet of the DB but it seems like that is the kind of stuff they allow these days, had the defender done the same thing flags would have been out. Made a nice catch though

Utah State with the win, 21-6 over UTEP. Very nice performance out of Todd Orlando's defense.

CSU-P and Minn State-Mankato is a cool game. A few of these guys on defense, for both teams, are really quick.

Why is CSU's (interim) coach wearing an Arizona shirt?

Hahaha.
CSU treats this game as an audition to join the B12.
The Pot & Craft Beer Aggie brand has more strength than the Rams.

I'm pretty meh on Sparkles. He beat a bunch of nobodies with nobodies, but couldn't beat AFA when it mattered. Maybe his success with nobodies translates up, maybe not. Still a big question mark IMO.

Also, hilarious that tini answered Duff's complaint about only slamming Grayson cuz he's from CSU by quoting the unsuccess of another guy from CSU. The guy just never stops giving.

Pueblo took the opening kickoff of the second half to the red zone and kicked a FG. 13-0 now. Big plays on the drive by McDondle.

A TD there would have been huge but with the way Pueblo is playing defense Pueblo isn't far from putting this one away. If Pueblo can get a stop and a TD game might be hard for Mankato.

Back