What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Bowl Games Thread

Sucks to be the IU kicker. Will he blame that one on the holder also?

And David Cutcliffe can ****ing coach.

Although his failed QB sneak call on 4th down with 6 minutes left could have haunted him.

Aldrich's kick was good dammit!

I certainly thought so ... at least watching it on TV. To my regret and shame I had left the game at the end of the 3rd when I thought they were hopelessly behind and were playing like it, and caught the end of the game at the Barrel House (now Harpo's). But it sure looked good to me, even better than the one by the IU kicker.

Duke should have gone for 2 after scoring with 40 sec left anyway. No one wants OT in a bowl game unless it's the national championship game.

So this game is going to go at least 4 1/2 hours before it's over? Interesting to see what ESPN is going to do about the UCLA - whoever game.

A 10 point game with 7:35 to go ... and this announcer says that VT should be prepared for an onsides kick? You should always be "alert" to the possibility of an onsides kick ... but the likelihood of one under these circumstances are low IMO.

How did we not beat UCLA again?
Cmon man

reggie-miller-choke-sign-o.gif

Not that I give two ****s about it ... but the Nubbs got screwed on the no-call facemask that resulted in a fumble.

Not that I give two ****s about it ... but the Nubbs got screwed on the no-call facemask that resulted in a fumble.
All of the lucky **** that happened when they were winning is coming back to haunt them, cry me a ****ing river.

And yet another dumb targeting call. They really need to work on that rule.

EDIT: And a horrible call is "confirmed." Unbelievable.

The Pac-12 really needs to make an effort to enhance their bowl tie-ins. Cannot believe five teams have already played and it is only December 26th.

The Pac-12 really needs to make an effort to enhance their bowl tie-ins. Cannot believe five teams have already played and it is only December 26th.

With 5 yet to go through Jan 2nd. I guess I don't see the problem.

It has been a point of emphasis. There have actually been some improvements, as hard as that is to believe.

They are getting their ass kicked up front for the most part. They really look like they wanna be there.

Three teams playing non-P5 opponents and a 4th playing a 5-7 ****braska team. That's a problem.

Another consequence of lack of exposure due to being in 2 or 3 time zones later than the eastern TZ?

One can certainly hold LS to his failure to negotiate better (or any) media contracts with e.g., Direct TV, ESPN, etc., (and IMO, having any games on FS1 sucks) ... but he can't unilaterally force the part of the nation east of the Rocky Mountains to adequately recognize the quality of PAC 12 athletics, whether it be football or basketball. The various Pac programs pretty much have to take care of that themselves, i.e., by dominating the **** out of teams from other conferences (e.g., B1G and S$C) in both major college sports.

But it makes it a lot harder to make a statement if you are not getting marquee matchups outside of a few bowls a year. That likely means traveling east for bowl matchups, but so be it. The current tie-ins pretty much suck.

Back