What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Bowl Games Thread

Another consequence of lack of exposure due to being in 2 or 3 time zones later than the eastern TZ?

One can certainly hold LS to his failure to negotiate better (or any) media contracts with e.g., Direct TV, ESPN, etc., (and IMO, having any games on FS1 sucks) ... but he can't unilaterally force the part of the nation east of the Rocky Mountains to adequately recognize the quality of PAC 12 athletics, whether it be football or basketball. The various Pac programs pretty much have to take care of that themselves, i.e., by dominating the **** out of teams from other conferences (e.g., B1G and S$C) in both major college sports.

agree...nothing you can do about time zones....but the bowl tie ins are weak at best and not being on directv is hurting exposure more and more as time goes by.... cant see pac 12 games at most sports bars or sports books for that matter is in excusable!!

UCLA is not representing at all ... just another pansy-ass west coast team going up against a "rough, tough, PHYSICAL B1G corn-fed" team, and withering in the process. I guaranty that will be the leading headline across the nation if the Bruins **** the bed.

Ucla is playing like a bunch of punks. That PI call was crap but they shouldn't be in this position in the first place. Up 21-7 and haven't scored since.

C'mon UCLA ... have some ****ing pride.

I know someone else in this thread asked the same question, but how the hell have we lost two successive really close games against these guys?

EDIT: Bowl game or else next year.

Where was that in 3rd?

I was really scratching my head with the play calling coming out of halftime.

Not convinced that Mora is an elite coach. Neuheisel gave him a lot of talent and he turned the ship right away, while USC was down. That accelerated momentum and he certainly has added more elite talent.

But I remain unconvinced he will make them a power-house. A lot of injuries this year, but still their talent trumps a bunch of teams they were outplayed by including Nebraska and CU.

I'm convinced that we're a program that is on the rise in the PAC 12 South, while most of the others (UCLA, AZ, ASU, and yes ... even SC with a new coach) are on the decline, and that there is absolutely no excuse to not seriously compete for a division title next year. And the lack of a bowl bid at the very least should mean the end of the MM era.

I'm convinced that we're a program that is on the rise in the PAC 12 South, while most of the others (UCLA, AZ, ASU, and yes ... even SC with a new coach) are on the decline, and that there is absolutely no excuse to not seriously compete for a division title next year. And the lack of a bowl bid at the very least should mean the end of the MM era.

You've had too many beers. Maybe we try and win more than 1 conference game first. We have no OL, LB and inconsistent qb play.

Really??

Seriously compete for the division title next year? Let's slow it a down a little bit. We have not won a Pac-12 South game in three years.

A bowl can and should be the realistic bowl next year.

UCLA, ASU and AZ took steps back this year, no question. Could be a one year deal...
Utah takes a step back next year. They lose everyone.

Remains to be seen if CU can take a step forward.

HC McCartney had a 1-6 record in conference and a 1-10 overall in 1984, his third year at CU ... and never had a losing record in either category after that for the rest of his coaching career.

Do you doubt that could happen again? And do you not think that AZ, ASU, and UCLA have possibly reached their relatively recent peaks, and that USC under a former interim coach are at the very least not questionable for the next season or two?

I seriously believe this next season is the opportunity to make a considerable jump in the PAC 12 South, and to maybe again get on the national radar. But as I said, an overall performance like the past few seasons won't cut it, and MM will be gone.

And no ... I am not tini's ghost.

Mac could recruit, the landscape of college football was different then. Anything is possible but Everybody has to be on board.

I think the jury is out on every team in the South, but we likely have more question marks of any team outside Utah. Add to that a brutal conference road schedule and a mostly frontloaded conference schedule overall, getting to six wins is a pretty reasonable goal.

Reactions: SBG
The comparisons to the real coach mac need to stop. Different era, conference and landscape.

So ... it's hopeless?

Good to know.

Of course ... your Broncos and CU BB gameday realtime posts have been always incredibly prescient, haven't they? Might want to start taking a longer view there, snowflake.

I know you weren't talking to me but I wouldn't go as far as hopeless. There will never be a Mac like the first and there shouldn't be. Mike Mac needs to be who he is. I don't know if we'll see what we were in the 80s and 90s. That doesn't mean it's impossible, it's not. I, for one, got spoiled in that era. Let's just see what steps CU takes to get back there.

So ... it's hopeless?

Good to know.

Of course ... your Broncos and CU BB gameday realtime posts have been always incredibly prescient, haven't they? Might want to start taking a longer view there, snowflake.

Snowflake?

Your post was dilusional. Sure it could happen, hope it does but we are talking about your post pertaining to next year.

The only snowflake here is you, wuss. Tough isn't in your nature or utopia dream.

Back