What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Brick Drive Thread

I did the family name as the first line and the 3 first names of the family members as the next 3 lines. Since I only needed 4 spots, I was able to do the logo brick.
I like that but it's only me. I doubt my parents want to be on there. I'm considering the logo brick too.

Just ordered my logo brick with replica and display case.

Used all 4 lines
The AeroBuff's
Me, AeroWife,
AeroSon, and
AeroDaughter

Just ordered my logo brick with replica and display case.

Used all 4 lines
The AeroBuff's
Me, AeroWife,
AeroSon, and
AeroDaughter

Ditto:
GO BUFFS!
GRINGO FAMILY
EL GRINGO, LA GRINGA,
LA GRINGITA, LA GRIGACITA,
& EL GRINGITO

Typed with thumbs.

On a charter plane to Toledo, OH.

Well, about the plane...

i045614.jpg

Just ordered mine. Support like this is paramount to bring the fans back into the fold (besides winning). Love it.

All of this peer pressure, guess I'd better order one too.

EDIT: Done!

Last edited:
Just a quick question, how much revenue is supposed to be raised based off the bricks?

I've seen guesses in the $2-$5MM range. Nothing official has been released, though.

Assuming it's successful, I'd hope we can do something similar for the Keg to fund some of the needed improvements for our hoops arena.

I've seen guesses in the $2-$5MM range. Nothing official has been released, though.

Assuming it's successful, I'd hope we can do something similar for the Keg to fund some of the needed improvements for our hoops arena.

That seems really high. Even if we get 75% of the cost of the brick, that is a lot of bricks sold. We have under 9000 donors now, so they gotta sell this to everyone. Too bad they didn't get this in time for graduation.

16,000 of the cheapest bricks with no replicas, cases, etc to reach 2 million dollars at full value. I don't know what the retention rate is on fundraising bricks, but how much does a brick and a chisel cost...?

I would imagine that there will be a pretty good percentage of folks buying replicas or larger bricks. Me, I plan to find my little old brick and pass out on it after home games - then have friends take a keepsake photo! Priceless.

16,000 of the cheapest bricks with no replicas, cases, etc to reach 2 million dollars at full value. I don't know what the retention rate is on fundraising bricks, but how much does a brick and a chisel cost...?

I would imagine that there will be a pretty good percentage of folks buying replicas or larger bricks. Me, I plan to find my little old brick and pass out on it after home games - then have friends take a keepsake photo! Priceless.
Bricks are most likely laser engraved by a company in Kansas.

Forgive my lack of sarcasm font on the hand chisel comment. Sounds like you have an actual feel for the return on stuff like this. Let me ask a serious question if anyone knows. Does the University/AD get a better return on the bricks, or the souvenir replica stuff? I honestly haven't done much with the organization of fundraisers for a while and wonder if on this scale it is all a flat rate or if it varies product by product. Here's hoping it takes off and they get a lot of buy in this season.

I hope the brick drive is finished by basketball season. The basketball team laid way to many of them last year.

I did something similar. My dad and a couple of my aunts are Buffs. And of course me too. Putting all of our graduation years on a brick.
I'm still deciding on the design. Not sure if I should go with

'56 '80 '14

or

1956 1980 2014

All fit..hmm

2006, 2011
Darth Snow
Aloha Buff.

haahahaha. I will never be able to settle on one. This is like getting a goddamn tattoo.

Back