What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. CSU Score Prediction Thread

Can you even name one of their players other than Higgins?

None stuck other than the QB, Key, but I watched 1/2 of the game vs Minnesota and they look better than us. Granted, it's not a lot to go on, and I hope I'm wrong, but there it is.

Until we can throw the ball down the field and establish some semblance of a vertical passing attack, teams are going to stack the box. I find it unlikely that we'll be able to dominate the line of scrimmage like we did against UMASS. People were for some reason praising Frobapple or whatever his name is, but what I saw was a guy who missed lots of wide open receivers that had beaten our secondary and were in a position to score had the throws been accurate. If our defense plays like that again, we're in serious trouble.

I went and watched both the CU/UMass and CSU/Minnesota games a second time last night (No I don't have a life). After watching those I felt sick to my stomach thinking about the game this week. Freaking baabaa Aggies 34 Buffs 3.

My son has a lot at stake in this game. One of his best friends started at CU, couldn't hack it, and transferred to csu. (He really transferred because his entire family are ewes). He and my son and my son's fellow Buffs have a huge rivalry going. If the rammies win, my kid will have to endure a year of misery. My son's rammie friend says this game is a lock. "Rams by 21." I say **** that. Buffs 35-14.

Buffs 30
Rams 21

Two TDs on the ground
One TD by Spruce
Three 30+ FG from Gonzalez

CSU scores on the opening drive
One pass TD, one Rush TD and a ST or flukey TD. And they miss s FG.

Then again I don't know

People were for some reason praising Frobapple or whatever his name is, but what I saw was a guy who missed lots of wide open receivers that had beaten our secondary and were in a position to score had the throws been accurate. If our defense plays like that again, we're in serious trouble.

When our best defensive plays in the first half were their receivers dropping the ball once they got behind Crawley that has to scare you - if Higgins goes those will get caught.

This game will come down to health - if Higgins goes we are in trouble - you'll see that with the line and the way it moves this week.

Minnesota is a much better team and the Rams nearly beat them with Higgins on the bench. This is the first CSU game in my lifetime I expect to lose. Maybe badly.
CSU: 27
CU: 16

Minnesota is a much better team and the Rams nearly beat them with Higgins on the bench. This is the first CSU game in my lifetime I expect to lose. Maybe badly.
minnesota's D is salty, but tini isn't lying when he says their offense is terrible. leidner can barely throw a spiral.

41-28 CU

Team is still pissed about Hawaii and will be focused enough to overcome mistakes. Defense still can't stop anyone but will slow down CSU enough to get us the win. Game is closer than the final score but CU puts up a late TD to put it out of reach.

I'm betting everyone in the local media will be pulling for and/or picking csu with the exception, hopefully, of Al.

They have a better D but they aren't a much better team. Horrible on offense and still almost rushed for 200 yards against CSU.

31-17 Buffs win.

This is a big game, I expect the Buffs to treat it as such this year. Though the CU defense has given up some plays in the passing game, they've played the run pretty well. As long as they continue to do so, I think CSU will have a hard time putting together significant drives. The few big passing plays the Buffs seem to give up won't be enough for CSU to win the game, especially since I expect CSU to turn the ball over at least 2 times.

On offense, I think the CU o-line is pretty stout in the running game and I expect to see a lot of 2 TE or 1 TE and fullback sets. CU should be able to move the chains on offense, by running and with the short passing game. I also think that Lindsay, Carr, Keeney, Frazier, Ross, Lee, and/or McIntyre will bust out for big plays in the passing game.

They have a better D but they aren't a much better team. Horrible on offense and still almost rushed for 200 yards against CSU.

So you think we could hang with TCU at Folsom? I highly, highly doubt it.

CSU 27, CU 21. CSU's coach has a very interesting decision to make at QB. If the decision early in the week is to start Key and he has a week to prepare as the starter
then I'd go CSU 37, CU 21.

I predict we run well and Higgins is not 100. Buffs 42 Ewes 21.

If those aren't true...well...I don't have much hope.

CSU 27, CU 21. CSU's coach has a very interesting decision to make at QB. If the decision early in the week is to start Key and he has a week to prepare as the starter
then I'd go CSU 37, CU 21.
Why so much faith in a QB who has never started a game?

Back