What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. CSU Score Prediction Thread

Here's what I know (which isn't much). Rams I believe have had 9 turnovers this year and now the buffs d is actually getting some turnovers. When you have that many so far in a season it's probably going to be a trend. That could be enough for the buffs to get this one but really I have no idea what's going to happen. I will guess 26-24 buffs

One of the more interesting showdown weeks I can remember-I don't think anybody on either side has any clue what to expect, and I think both teams are mediocre at best. I'll guess and say we'll be able to run, but don't expect much through the air. The CSU turnovers are a trend in my mind-I'm not saying they'll be as generous with the pigskin as they've been the first two weeks, but I do think we'll get a couple turnovers. Ugly football game all in all, but Buffaloes 20-17

One of the more interesting showdown weeks I can remember-I don't think anybody on either side has any clue what to expect, and I think both teams are mediocre at best. I'll guess and say we'll be able to run, but don't expect much through the air. The CSU turnovers are a trend in my mind-I'm not saying they'll be as generous with the pigskin as they've been the first two weeks, but I do think we'll get a couple turnovers. Ugly football game all in all, but Buffaloes 20-17

Nice analysis. If CSU continues with the TO's, that speaks well for us. I also am expecting an ugly grind it out kinda game.

But I thought CSU NEVER turns the ball over and CU NEVER causes them? Also, can you please comment on how much energy you think each team comes out with? Thanks in advance.

But I thought CSU NEVER turns the ball over and CU NEVER causes them? Also, can you please comment on how much energy you think each team comes out with? Thanks in advance.
Careful, Tini. You don't want to be on your second ban in as many days. You're making it too obvious right now, dial it back.

After laying an egg in Hawaii, and not covering we are favored by 4pts on a neutral field. I will take that.
CU 34
CSU 24

I can tell you this, CSU is going to do the same thing Hawaii did and bring blitz's from all over. They are going to have to dial up quick short passes to TE etc. and screen passes..Carr step up please to alleviate this...maybe a draw play or two. Until we make plays with pressure Sefo is going to get run over and it's going to be a long day. Run the ball first...obvious and get through to the second line of defense to stop the blitz's from coming and make them stand back and defend the run....if this is done, downfield is really going to open up. Our RB really have to get their blocking assignments right on this one to pick up some of the pressure, Sefo hasn't shown the ability to make quick reads. Just my two cents.

We do these things we win.....we don't pick up the pressure....we could lose really bad.

Pound the rock and the blitz becomes much less effective. I am hoping they are working constantly with Sefo on reading where the blitz is coming from, because if he can check into the correct run play, the run can cause a blitz to backfire big time.

I can tell you this, CSU is going to do the same thing Hawaii did and bring blitz's from all over. They are going to have to dial up quick short passes to TE etc. and screen passes..Carr step up please to alleviate this...maybe a draw play or two. Until we make plays with pressure Sefo is going to get run over and it's going to be a long day. Run the ball first...obvious and get through to the second line of defense to stop the blitz's from coming and make them stand back and defend the run....if this is done, downfield is really going to open up. Our RB really have to get their blocking assignments right on this one to pick up some of the pressure, Sefo hasn't shown the ability to make quick reads. Just my two cents.

We do these things we win.....we don't pick up the pressure....we could lose really bad.
Exactly my thoughts and exactly what CSU should do. I think the Hawaii game was probably the blue print. We've had two weeks to shore those things up. In the Hawaii game we had easy completions to be had if the ball came out early when they stunted. Hopefully that has been fixed and Sefo can read that from here on out.

In hindsight, is everyone glad we are playing CSU in week 3 instead of week 1? Do you look at it as CU needing those first 2 weeks to "work the kinks out" and get prepared for a better CSU team, or are you on the other side and think it could be a bad thing; giving CSU a chance to have a glorified scrimmage against SSU and then get used to the level of competition from a P5 program?

In hindsight, is everyone glad we are playing CSU in week 3 instead of week 1? Do you look at it as CU needing those first 2 weeks to "work the kinks out" and get prepared for a better CSU team, or are you on the other side and think it could be a bad thing; giving CSU a chance to have a glorified scrimmage against SSU and then get used to the level of competition from a P5 program?

Glad its week 3. Needed some things worked out that would have embarrassed us in state in week 1.

Absolutely. Do you think we would have beat CSU in week one? I think Colorado still has an overall talent edge against CSU and the more in season the team is, the more the talent advantage comes into play.

When our best defensive plays in the first half were their receivers dropping the ball once they got behind Crawley that has to scare you - if Higgins goes those will get caught.

This game will come down to health - if Higgins goes we are in trouble - you'll see that with the line and the way it moves this week.

Health is becoming a big theme.

CSU wins straight up that bet at +160 is a no brainer.

CSU 24 - CU 13

Here is my prediction

CPEcEDiUcAAN2dw.jpg:large

Scared of this game. But we're in year 3 under MM against a rookie HC. There's no way we should lose this game

Back