What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. Nicholls State Score Prediction Thread

Down to 47.5. I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but I'm really considering taking NSU to cover. Any thoughts??
Might be a good move. Buff starters could win by 80, but most likely after we're up by 40 or 50, MM will have 2nd or 3rd string in and not let them expand the lead. Could see Nichols scoring a couple of late TDs to bring the margin under 47.

I'd be surprised if NSU went over 14. Why? Because I don't think they're capable of scoring much (if any), even against our 3rd string. UL-Monroe pitched a shutout and that was with their bench playing the entire second half. Nicholls scored 10 on Incarnate Word.

Likely tighter than comfort zone. Post rival win versus Cam.
Win and let's see where we spot up with the Ducks.

I say 24-13 versus vs Nich. Sluggish but sufficient.

Might be a good move. Buff starters could win by 80, but most likely after we're up by 40 or 50, MM will have 2nd or 3rd string in and not let them expand the lead. Could see Nichols scoring a couple of late TDs to bring the margin under 47.
I don't see the Buffs covering for those reasons. I'd be very pleasantly surprised if we won by that much.

Buffs tend to play to the level of their competition (I think they thought UMASS was better than they were), ergo, I don't see a blowout...and I hope to GAWD I'm wrong!

Likely tighter than comfort zone. Post rival win versus Cam.
Win and let's see where we spot up with the Ducks.

I say 24-13 versus vs Nich. Sluggish but sufficient.
A tighter tha comfort zone win in this one is a 40-45 point win compared to winning by 55-60. NSU is the worst team CU has ever played and I don't think it's close at all.

63-3 with our starters only playing the 1st quarter.

I think it will be a blow out. I think the starters play deep into the 3rd qtr. I know its a long season, with no bye week, however the starters need the work. Offense needs to build some consistency running, passing, play calling, play reads, etc.
We need to hit 60 before they are pulled.
63-10

I think it will be a blow out. I think the starters play deep into the 3rd qtr. I know its a long season, with no bye week, however the starters need the work. Offense needs to build some consistency running, passing, play calling, play reads, etc.
We need to hit 60 before they are pulled.
63-10

That could happen by half time.

I don't see the Buffs covering for those reasons. I'd be very pleasantly surprised if we won by that much.
In M2's first year we had a lot of teams take their foot off the gas against us. We could have been beaten by 70 on a number of occassions but other teams didn't do it to us and M2 appreciates it.

Against UMass the fourth quarter looked like our offense had instructions not to score no matter what happened.

This is one of those games where M2 is going to return the favor. We could cover the spread but if we do it will be due to late scores on turnovers or other unplanned scores.

We might even see a situation where the Buffs are up by more than the spread and Nichols gets a late TD or two against our walk-ons and scout team since everyone who is not redshirting is likely to see playing time. This game is when all the guys who have no other reasonable expectation of playing get the chance to have their picture taken in a game.

In M2's first year we had a lot of teams take their foot off the gas against us. We could have been beaten by 70 on a number of occassions but other teams didn't do it to us and M2 appreciates it.

Against UMass the fourth quarter looked like our offense had instructions not to score no matter what happened.

This is one of those games where M2 is going to return the favor. We could cover the spread but if we do it will be due to late scores on turnovers or other unplanned scores.

We might even see a situation where the Buffs are up by more than the spread and Nichols gets a late TD or two against our walk-ons and scout team since everyone who is not redshirting is likely to see playing time. This game is when all the guys who have no other reasonable expectation of playing get the chance to have their picture taken in a game.

Bull****. No P5 coach would tell their players not to score.

Bull****. No P5 coach would tell their players not to score.

A little reading comprehension would help you. "Looked like" doesn't mean did.

The fourth quarter offense against UMass involved a lot of plays that had very little chance of producing points. They were intended to control the ball and keep the clock running. Had Kyle Evans happened to break through on one of those runs over the guard and broken free he would not be expected to kneel down with the ball but the play selection left very little chance of that happening.

In Embree's last year and M2's first year we played a number of opponents who did exactly the same against us in the second half. Run plays that had no element of surprise using players who were well down the depth chart with the coaches intention of not embarassing an opponent.

We could cover the spread but if we do it will be due to late scores on turnovers or other unplanned scores.
One of the things I saw Urban Meyer do, and Kyle Whitingham emulate when he took over at utah was to consistently put starters back in to cover the spread. It creates loyalty in a segment of boosters. When asked by the press, they claimed they had no idea, but it happened enough times to make it obvious.

Honestly don't care about the score as long as we win. I don't expect the starters to play much so it could look pretty ugly at times. Just win. Don't care about style points.

I want starters to get a good half of work, then I want every single player who isn't redshirted to get time out there. Especially QB

I want starters to get a good half of work, then I want every single player who isn't redshirted to get time out there. Especially QB
To piggyback off from this, I would like to see more Apsay than Gehrke as well. Two reasons, we have seen what Gehrke looks like under live fire and he is leaving after this year. Lets see what Apsay can do.

Back