What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. Oregon Score Prediction Thread

Utah b**** slapping the Ducks was the worst thing that could've happened for us. Sefo throws for 2 TDs, but has 2 INTs and a fumble.
UO 48
CU 20

I know, right? I'm offended. Definitely new here or he'd know about the weekly AllBuffs pile party to relieve our gay angst... and that as a noob he could be this week's guest of honor.
Anyways, back to the pile?

I know, right? I'm offended. Definitely new here or he'd know about the weekly AllBuffs pile party to relieve our gay angst... and that as a noob he could be this week's guest of honor.
So many opportunities for release...

Did you know the stylized O logo design used by Oregon incorporates the shape of Autzen football stadium on the outside and the shape of the Hayward track on the inside?

Does that trivia matter when there is even a more accessible resemblance to a toilet seat?

Dux 31
Buffs 28

I think the Ducks mental state is in question. None of them have been in this position before.The crowd will be electric. We come out hungry, and pissed off. We punch them in the mouth. We play our best game in 10 years and come out with a close win.
Buffs 34
Ducks 28

UO 38
CU 10

A rare Pac-12 game that CU won't be on the Pac-12 network. CU fans can actually watch this game.
Real CU fans can always watch the game on Comcast or Dish. Surprised you haven't figured that out yet. If you are not willing to switch, you must be a casual fan.

Did you know the stylized O logo design used by Oregon incorporates the shape of Autzen football stadium on the outside and the shape of the Hayward track on the inside?

Does that trivia matter when there is even a more accessible resemblance to a toilet seat?

Dux 31
Buffs 28
It's also a symbolic representation of the number of national championships they have won.

Real CU fans can always watch the game on Comcast or Dish. Surprised you haven't figured that out yet. If you are not willing to switch, you must be a casual fan.

I would consider myself more than a casual fan. I will wait til next season, if direct tv doesn't make it hapoen, i switch.

I tend to be the kiss of death on big game predictions so I will refrain. I am however impressed that the "real" experts as in the Vegas boy's are showing the Buffs some respect. +8 is not bad, 2 yrs ago that line is +20 or more. The talking heads from the various media are one thing, but when the Pro's are giving you that kind of respect it means your program is headed in the right direction.

I tend to be the kiss of death on big game predictions so I will refrain. I am however impressed that the "real" experts as in the Vegas boy's are showing the Buffs some respect. +8 is not bad, 2 yrs ago that line is +20 or more. The talking heads from the various media are one thing, but when the Pro's are giving you that kind of respect it means your program is headed in the right direction.
Just gotta remember that these aren't predictions by the money men. These are made to generate betting interest on both sides so they are really indicative of the public's perception.

Just gotta remember that these aren't predictions by the money men. These are made to generate betting interest on both sides so they are really indicative of the public's perception.
Goal: get equal betting on both sides and skim 5-10% off the top for the pleasure of taking folks' money.

Exactly, and that's why it's interesting that the line has moved toward the Buffs since the open. The betting public seems to be bullish on the Buff's chance.

Exactly, and that's why it's interesting that the line has moved toward the Buffs since the open. The betting public seems to be bullish on the Buff's chance.
I tend to agree with dip**** here. When we're in this stage of a rebuild, public perception is a bigger concern than some bean-counter's prediction. That the line keeps moving bodes well for how the public views us in the moment.

I tend to agree with dip**** here.
giphy.gif

@Devildog shall instruct us shortly.

Vegas is in it to make money. They don't care who wins or loses, they move the line according to where the money is placed. IMO the Buffs are coming into this game in good shape, Oregon's confidence is in the worst shape it has been in for a decade. They will be trying to right the ship against Colorado and regain focus. That gives the Buffs an advantage if they come out ready to play. The Oregon team is light years ahead of CU when it comes to talent, but emotion is huge in football. Lets see how CU's coaches game plan. My guess Oregon 41 CU 31

I would love to see CU get this game. I don't expect that though, they have so much more talent than any other team you've faced so far this season. Glad the game is at Folsom.

Last edited:
Utah b**** slapping the Ducks was the worst thing that could've happened for us. Sefo throws for 2 TDs, but has 2 INTs and a fumble.
UO 48
CU 20

I really don't buy the logic that Oregon losing by 42 is somehow the worst thing that could have happened. How is Oregon falling into disarray, looking woeful, losing faith in Helfrich, being banged up and having potential infighting and being in a situation they've never been in before bad for us? Any opponent that isn't a bunch of pussies should be hyped up at seeing the Oregon ship taking on water. They may well beat us by a lopsided margin, but it's not because of Utah.

I really don't buy the logic that Oregon losing by 42 is somehow the worst thing that could have happened. How is Oregon falling into disarray, looking woeful, losing faith in Helfrich, being banged up and having potential infighting and being in a situation they've never been in before bad for us? Any opponent that isn't a bunch of pussies should be hyped up at seeing the Oregon ship taking on water. They may well beat us by a lopsided margin, but it's not because of Utah.
I don't necessarily agree with Da Lama's statement, but I think it's referring to the "coasting against inferior opponents" mentality that Oregon may have had against Utah. They clearly won't be overlooking CU, on the road, after that, right??

I don't necessarily agree with Da Lama's statement, but I think it's referring to the "coasting against inferior opponents" mentality that Oregon may have had against Utah. They clearly won't be overlooking CU, on the road, after that, right??

I'm sure they won't be overlooking us, I'm just not convinced it makes any huge difference. Helfrich firing up UO must be like watching paint dry. UO has no real experience of "making someone pay". After MSU they let GA-Southern borderline hang around until the 4th. And no offense to CU, but Oregon killing us wouldn't exactly prove they're back in the eyes of the CFB world. It seems some would feel our chances would be better had Oregon won by 42.

Back