What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. Oregon Score Prediction Thread

I have a horrible feeling about this game. Maybe it's because I distrust the glimmer of hope that everybody seems to have. That always seems to be followed by a painful loss (I know, it has to change sometime, right??).

Here's hoping I am very wrong... Duck 42 - Ralphie 17.

I have a horrible feeling about this game. Maybe it's because I distrust the glimmer of hope that everybody seems to have. That always seems to be followed by a painful loss (I know, it has to change sometime, right??).

Here's hoping I am very wrong... Duck 42 - Ralphie 17.
I have felt nothing but good things all week. It's freaking me out.

On the confidence part - if the Buff linemen watched the Utah game and saw the Duck linemen getting mauled all over the place, that may have a substantial impact on how our guys go in. If our guys BELIEVE they can punch them right in the mouth on the first shot, it may be significant for the rest of the game. Typically our guys go in pumped, but probably not grounded...always playing a little on their heels so that they don't get beat. But now they may just be "F it. Those dudes suck and I'm steppin' up." Or they could not.

I think this is at least partially what Aviator was saying, but I would like to see us come out and run, run, run the ball. Give our lineman a chance to get dirty and move the pile a bit. I understand the Duck secondary may be suspect, but I'd still like to see us run more than pass. Let's continue to put Sefo in a position to succeed.

I think this is at least partially what Aviator was saying, but I would like to see us come out and run, run, run the ball. Give our lineman a chance to get dirty and move the pile a bit. I understand the Duck secondary may be suspect, but I'd still like to see us run more than pass. Let's continue to put Sefo in a position to succeed.

Bingo.

Need to pound the rock and set up the play action pass. Takes the pressure off the QB and makes his throws much easier.

Ducks 52
Buffs 21

Oregon has never had to play hard all game against us. They will this weekend, so they'll run up the score late.

I believe this will be a shoot-out.

41-38 Buffs

If the Buffs can survive the first couple of Ducks offensive possessions without giving up a score, then the Buffs will win.

I could just as easily see us get blown out as see us win. That's where I am with this program. No confidence at all. I always feel like something bad is going to occur rather than the other way around. Hopefully the team doesn't have the same mentality

Oregon 41
Buffs 31

Oregon will be up by 3 late, with the ball, 3rd and long in their own territory, with the crowd in a frenzy. Oregon will then score some kind of backbreaking TD (e.g. screen pass with missed tackles, tipped pass into waiting hands of 4.2/40 receiver, scramble by QB that goes for 70 yards, etc.) to push the game out of reach.

I'm fun at parties.

We can win this game.

But until we break out, I'll always come into games like this knowing that we're most likely to make the game-losing plays at key times than game-winning ones.

I think we stay close until the final few minutes.

UO 45, CU 35

**** it.

Nevermind.

UO's defense couldn't stop a 6-month old cheweenie.

We score and don't stop scoring.

CU 59 UO 35

IF......
we avoid turnovers, and mistakes on special teams, Buffs can prevail.

Buffs 37 Ducks 32

(Screw up Specials, jail break the other way)

CU 52
ducks 17

what? what's that you said? The 90s called and they want my score prediction back? uh, well, **** you, inner voice of doubt. **** you with a dead donkey johnson! i'm not listening to you. no. no. i don't care what you say. reality? **** reality. we gonna win, you dirty doubting inner voice.

Go Buffs!

38-31 CU. I expect they'll be more effective with Lockie offensively (seems like they'll start him). Freeman has a 25-90 kind of night. This seems like the kind of game for a Phillip Lindsay coming out party (he'll go for 165 yards or more), and I don't think they've got a DB who can shut down Nelson. Sefo finally proves himself to this fanbase with a game winning drive late, and the students rush the field.

Was just doing my CFB picks in Jimmy's yahoo pool. The biggest favorite per all the knuckleheads who participate in yahoo pools? Oregon, as a 97% favorite versus the spread.

I hate to get my hopes up, but man, what the hell. Buffs 38, Whoregon 35.

Oregon 41
Buffs 31

Oregon will be up by 3 late, with the ball, 3rd and long in their own territory, with the crowd in a frenzy. Oregon will then score some kind of backbreaking TD (e.g. screen pass with missed tackles, tipped pass into waiting hands of 4.2/40 receiver, scramble by QB that goes for 70 yards, etc.) to push the game out of reach.

I'm fun at parties.
1393706232067_ah-life-of-the-party.gif

Back