What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. Oregon Score Prediction Thread

I had a high ankle sprain once. Didn't matter how well they taped it I could not play on it. Just not enough stability. Once they put an air cast on it I could move pretty effectively. Not sure why it was such a significant change but it was. Taping it was just not enough. The question I have with Sefo is not if he can play. The question is can he play effectively with the injury. In the past he has significant declines when he has a serious injury. That said, he is clearly a better player now than he was last year and he may be able to overcome an ankle injury. I worry because he will lose some velocity on the ball. The question is can he compensate effectively.

I gotta say I think he starts. He will have a short leash. But I predict he will not need it. I need to watch the Nebraska Oregon game to see what we are up against but I think we win based on defense. Leavitt has shown that he will correct mistakes and holes on the defense. I suspect those long runs on the outside will be closed up. CU 31 OU 27.

I had a high ankle sprain once. Didn't matter how well they taped it I could not play on it. Just not enough stability. Once they put an air cast on it I could move pretty effectively. Not sure why it was such a significant change but it was. Taping it was just not enough. The question I have with Sefo is not if he can play. The question is can he play effectively with the injury. In the past he has significant declines when he has a serious injury. That said, he is clearly a better player now than he was last year and he may be able to overcome an ankle injury. I worry because he will lose some velocity on the ball. The question is can he compensate effectively.

I gotta say I think he starts. He will have a short leash. But I predict he will not need it. I need to watch the Nebraska Oregon game to see what we are up against but I think we win based on defense. Leavitt has shown that he will correct mistakes and holes on the defense. I suspect those long runs on the outside will be closed up. CU 31 OU 27.
He doesn't have a high ankle sprain.

Sefo will have a short leash?

a2.jpg

Helfrich going to get found out this year.

Buffs 27
*ucks 18

Ducks 35
Buffs 21

Without Sefo.

Oregon 38
CU 33 if Sefo does play.

Our defense will keep us in this game against this OL, but ST and read option plays against our slow linebackers will be our undoing.

I just don't have confidence Sefo will play and I don't have confidence in Montez. Yet. I think he has the physical tools but not sure he is ready for a road game against a very desperate bunch of ducks.

Last edited:
I just don't have confidence Sefo will play and I don't have confidence in Marquez. Yet. I think he has the physical tools but not sure he is ready for a road game against a very desperate bunch of ducks.

If someone named Marquez starts, it could be a VERY long day

If someone named Marquez starts, it could be a VERY long day
Where the hell did I get that from? Long term memory, haha. Oh well. When your old, these things happen. For some reason I have Steven Montez and Mike Marquez mixed up. I keep wanting to call Montez "Mike."

Buffs win a surprisingly defensive struggle. 19-18. Ducks go for 2 on last play and whiff

I just don't have confidence Sefo will play and I don't have confidence in Montez. Yet. I think he has the physical tools but not sure he is ready for a road game against a very desperate bunch of ducks.
Gotcha. That makes sense. I think it will boil down to if we contain their QB scrambling. I think we will be able to run, limiting pressure on Montez. I think our DL will slow down their run game and our DBs and QB pressure should hamper their passing but I'm afraid of another Hawaii happening w the QB destroying us. Hoping JMFL schemes it right.

My guess was 45-7 ducks.
That was a quick response right after the um game while I was angry and injuries fresh in my mind. A week later I am feeling a little more confident in our D. The injuries are still there unfortunately, so I would like to change my prediction. 29-7 ducks. I just do not have faith in the run game and with Montez, we need to run the ball.
Hope I'm wrong. GO BUFFS!

Back