What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. Stanford Score Prediction Thread

Should be a fun game to watch. How will CU's offense match up against a Cardinal defense that is getting healthy? Don't expect CU to have the success running this game that they had against ASU. Stanford is stout up the middle. The Cardinal will have both starting corners on the field for the first time since before the Washington games. If CU can have success throwing against those corners then good things will happen otherwise expect the Cardinal to crowd the line of scrimmage, stuff the run and dare CU to attack their corners.
Also how will CU's defense hold up, the keys here are the line and the linebackers. Can the line hold up well enough to let the linebackers run free to stop the run? Oh and probably even more important, can CU finally cover a tight end? The Cardinal don't have a great offense, but their tight ends are more than capable. If Stanford can run the ball then the passing game to their TE's will torch CU. If Stanford can't run the ball then CU might be able to cover the tight ends.

I expect the Buffs to fight hard, but for that TE weakness to bite them again and again the entire game 27-17 trees.

Should be a fun game to watch. How will CU's offense match up against a Cardinal defense that is getting healthy? Don't expect CU to have the success running this game that they had against ASU. Stanford is stout up the middle. The Cardinal will have both starting corners on the field for the first time since before the Washington games. If CU can have success throwing against those corners then good things will happen otherwise expect the Cardinal to crowd the line of scrimmage, stuff the run and dare CU to attack their corners.
Also how will CU's defense hold up, the keys here are the line and the linebackers. Can the line hold up well enough to let the linebackers run free to stop the run? Oh and probably even more important, can CU finally cover a tight end? The Cardinal don't have a great offense, but their tight ends are more than capable. If Stanford can run the ball then the passing game to their TE's will torch CU. If Stanford can't run the ball then CU might be able to cover the tight ends.

I expect the Buffs to fight hard, but for that TE weakness to bite them again and again the entire game 27-17 trees.
I read that they are down to one TE and they are using tackles in the multiple TE sets which obviously reduces the passing threat.

ASU had the #1 ranked rush defense in the Pac 12 leading up to the CU game. This game is going to be very tough, especially on the road. We shall see, but ASU actually had a stout run defense.

ASU had the #1 ranked rush defense in the Pac 12 leading up to the CU game. This game is going to be very tough, especially on the road. We shall see, but ASU actually had a stout run defense.
No defense that ranks that low statistically, and gives up that many points has a good run defense.

I'd go up top quite a bit to start, set a tone. Of course, that depends on field position etc. If they can hit a few early, it'll loosen things up a bit. Then you jam it down their throats. Nothing sexual there for the record.

ASU was #7 in the country, statistically, against the run. They are now 38th... So... I'm not sure what you're trying to point out here
Their defense as a whole was ranked really low. Having a higher ranking against the run doesn't actually mean they are good at stopping the run. They are currently ranked 127th out of 128th in the country in total defense and 106th in points allowed. Basically if a team decides they are going to stop the run and make sure they do so, but let up a bunch of passing yards and touchdowns does that actually mean they are a good run defense? I personally don't think so. I watched a few of their games last week and at no point did I watch anything that resembled a good run defense. UCLA can't run the ball on anyone, Cal and TTU are pass heavy teams, USC was up 41-6 at the beginning of the third quarter and UTSA and NAU are irrelevant in this conversation.

We ran the power I formation for our entire last possession for something like a 70yard scoring drive. We could have run that all night. ASU is not a good run defense this year.

Can someone go over again how the spread is set what exactly it means??

Also, I expect 50 points out of this offense against everyone not named Michigan, USC, or Washington.

The spread is set by the sports books in Vegas to generate equal betting on both sides. This protects the house from having to pay out a lot of its own money.

So in this instance the spread is Stanford -3.5, meaning they are favored by 3.5 points. The half point ensures there can be no "push" or tie on the bet.

So if the score is 24-20, and Stanford wins, the people who picked Stanford win the bet. If the score is 24-21 and Stanford wins or if they lose by any margin, the people who picked Stanford lose the bet.

You're welcome.

Last edited:
23 -20 buffs.

Stanford will get mcaffery back and this is a nervous homer pick.

Cu defense better hold the edge and the buffs have got to run well enough to have the big pass plays. I think this is close throughout and cu wins by 3.

Buffs start early on the way to 31
Stanford makes up the gap, but can't close. 21

I
I wonder how stout it really was though. They were putting up fast points so most teams were playing from behind, which reduces running plays by quite a bit. I'm too lazy to look up per carry averages against but that would be more telling.

That said, the holes our running backs had to run through could have been striped for a two lane road on some plays. Either our OL is actually getting really good or ASU was leaning on false data.

The spread is set by the sports books in Vegas to generate equal betting on both sides. This protects the house from having to pay out a lot of its own money.

So in this instance the spread is Stanford -3.5, meaning they are favored by 3.5 points. The half point ensures there can be no "push" or tie on the bet.

So if the score is 24-20, and Stanford wins, the people who picked Stanford win the bet. If the score is 24-21 and Stanford wins or if they lose by any margin, the people who picked Stanford lose the bet.

You're welcome.
:eek:

I

I wonder how stout it really was though. They were putting up fast points so most teams were playing from behind, which reduces running plays by quite a bit. I'm too lazy to look up per carry averages against but that would be more telling.

That said, the holes our running backs had to run through could have been striped for a two lane road on some plays. Either our OL is actually getting really good or ASU was leaning on false data.

ASU USC
Rushing
Total (Net)75157
Attempts3333
Avg. Per Rush2.34.8
Rushing TDs12
Yds. Gained105171
Yds. Lost3014
Passing
Total (Net)228366
Comp.-Att.-Int.19-37-124-36-0
Avg. / Att.6.210.2