What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. Stanford Score Prediction Thread

Say What?

MacIntyre said punt returner and wide receiver Jay MacIntyre will continue to go through concussion protocol this week. MacIntyre was injured on a punt return in the ASU game. If MacIntyre can't play this week, sophomore Isaiah Oliver will be the likely choice to return punts while Dylan Keeney will probably take MacIntyre's place at the wide receiver slot.

I
Say What?

MacIntyre said punt returner and wide receiver Jay MacIntyre will continue to go through concussion protocol this week. MacIntyre was injured on a punt return in the ASU game. If MacIntyre can't play this week, sophomore Isaiah Oliver will be the likely choice to return punts while Dylan Keeney will probably take MacIntyre's place at the wide receiver slot.
I understand Oliver, but Keeney?? Wonder what he is doing in practice that we haven't seen yet.

Phillip Lindsay is going to play pissed off and out to prove who the best RB from the state of Colorado is in college football.
Love Lindsay and am very happy for the success he found against ASU on homecoming, but the best RB from the state of Colorado (currently in college football) is Christian McCaffrey and it's not even close.

Love Lindsay and am very happy for the success he found against ASU on homecoming, but the best RB from the state of Colorado (currently in college football) is Christian McCaffrey and it's not even close.

Phil is having a much better year than McCaffrey.

Phil is having a much better year than McCaffrey.
Lindsay is having a great year, for sure, and is outperforming McCaffrey on a statistical basis. CMac has been hurt, though, and Stanford simply isn't that good of a team this year (compared to last year). I believe McCaffrey's resume speaks for itself, though. He's the better player.

I follow Stanford as a close second to Buffs, as it is my wife's alma mater.

Stanford's M.O. under Shaw has been to get a lead, and then grind down the clock and win the time of possession battle. It's been a winning strategy, albeit aberrationally run-oriented in the Pac-12 and not always the most electrifying to watch (save McCaffrey last year).

Burns plays like a statue. If CU plays like they did against ASU in the pass rush, he could take some serious punishment. The guy is downright hard to watch at times. Against UW, Stanford gave up an absurd number of sacks. Shaw seems to have no confidence in Chryst throwing the ball... he's the more mobile of the two quarterbacks, they seem (to me) to be about evenly mediocre.

Stanford gets back Meeks this weekend, I don't know about Holder (defensive secondary players). Those guys were present for Stanford's wins (save ND) this year but not for the losses to the Washington schools. Bryce Love played well against ND, and has the type of speed that Stanford has looked for in running back - the recent RB standouts Gaffney, Taylor, Gerhardt were more punishers than breakaway speed guys, and even McCaffrey gets caught before the endzone on many of his breakaway runs.

Stanford still has big dudes on the line on both side of the ball, including Solomon Thomas. I don't care how ASU's run defense was ranked on paper, I don't think Lindsay can run for 200 against Stanford, because I don't think our o-line can control the line of scrimmage like they did against the Scum Devils. Personally, I think ASU's run defense was numerically deceptive, because teams were torching them through the air so badly they didn't need to run. CU's aerial attack, however, could look a little more like it did in the CSU/UM/OSU games with Liufau beating the opposing defense deep.

In the past two games, Stanford's kicker, Ukropina, has hit the uprights three times. Not relevant, but I don't think I've ever seen that.

All that being said, Stanford is not nearly the team they were last year. K State is not good, the USC team they beat is not the same that has played this last few weeks with Darnold, and Notre Dame has serious issues. Stanford should have lost to UCLA in Pasadena, but were saved at the very end.

I think CU can get the win Palo Alto, probably by two touchdowns, barring special teams gaffs or strong start by Stanford (who often turns such starts into slogging victories).

On my birthday, sitting on a divided couch, I like the Buffs.

34-20 CU.

P.S., of all the in-state kids who didn't come to CU, McCaffrey burns me the least, despite his success. He's the son of two Stanford stand-out athletes, and the family's ties to Colorado run only as deep as the father being a professional athlete here. If he were a multi-generational Coloradan with direct family ties to CU, it would be a different story, to me, anyway.

The AllBuff's Stanford dick-suck of the day ribbon goes to TSchekler.
Lol, for calling the Heisman runner up a better player than a guy that, before the ASU game, 90% of the people on this board were calling a JAG? I also said Stanford isn't that good of a team this year. Come on, Skiddy.

I follow Stanford as a close second to Buffs, as it is my wife's alma mater.

Stanford's M.O. under Shaw has been to get a lead, and then grind down the clock and win the time of possession battle. It's been a winning strategy, albeit aberrationally run-oriented in the Pac-12 and not always the most electrifying to watch (save McCaffrey last year).

Burns plays like a statue. If CU plays like they did against ASU in the pass rush, he could take some serious punishment. The guy is downright hard to watch at times. Against UW, Stanford gave up an absurd number of sacks. Shaw seems to have no confidence in Chryst throwing the ball... he's the more mobile of the two quarterbacks, they seem (to me) to be about evenly mediocre.

Stanford gets back Meeks this weekend, I don't know about Holder (defensive secondary players). Those guys were present for Stanford's wins (save ND) this year but not for the losses to the Washington schools. Bryce Love played well against ND, and has the type of speed that Stanford has looked for in running back - the recent RB standouts Gaffney, Taylor, Gerhardt were more punishers than breakaway speed guys, and even McCaffrey gets caught before the endzone on many of his breakaway runs.

Stanford still has big dudes on the line on both side of the ball, including Solomon Thomas. I don't care how ASU's run defense was ranked on paper, I don't think Lindsay can run for 200 against Stanford, because I don't think our o-line can control the line of scrimmage like they did against the Scum Devils. Personally, I think ASU's run defense was numerically deceptive, because teams were torching them through the air so badly they didn't need to run. CU's aerial attack, however, could look a little more like it did in the CSU/UM/OSU games with Liufau beating the opposing defense deep.

In the past two games, Stanford's kicker, Ukropina, has hit the uprights three times. Not relevant, but I don't think I've ever seen that.

All that being said, Stanford is not nearly the team they were last year. K State is not good, the USC team they beat is not the same that has played this last few weeks with Darnold, and Notre Dame has serious issues. Stanford should have lost to UCLA in Pasadena, but were saved at the very end.

I think CU can get the win Palo Alto, probably by two touchdowns, barring special teams gaffs or strong start by Stanford (who often turns such starts into slogging victories).

On my birthday, sitting on a divided couch, I like the Buffs.

34-20 CU.

P.S., of all the in-state kids who didn't come to CU, McCaffrey burns me the least, despite his success. He's the son of two Stanford stand-out athletes, and the family's ties to Colorado run only as deep as the father being a professional athlete here. If he were a multi-generational Coloradan with direct family ties to CU, it would be a different story, to me, anyway.
Thanks for the info.

Also, really surprised Ento isn't taking Jaymac's spot. Keeney is going to be interesting. You have to think he will be a better blocker, even with JayMac's improvement.

Lol, for calling the Heisman runner up a better player than a guy that, before the ASU game, 90% of the people on this board were calling a JAG? I also said Stanford isn't that good of a team this year. Come on, Skiddy.

Wipe that chin. You missed a spot.

Let's not focus on your facts. The issue is your timing and your consistency. 1) It's Stanford week. Have some situational awareness. 2) You weren't sucking off Ballage like this last week. 3) Lindsay is the reigning P12 OPotW.

Wipe that chin. You missed a spot.

Let's not focus on your facts. The issue is your timing and your consistency. 1) It's Stanford week. Have some situational awareness. 2) You weren't sucking off Ballage like this last week. 3) Lindsay is the reigning P12 OPotW.
Haha **** you and your rules. Nobody was calling Lindsay a better RB than Ballage last week... I wonder why? Where have you been with Lindsay up until last week?

Haha **** you and your rules. Nobody was calling Lindsay a better RB than Ballage last week... I wonder why? Where have you been with Lindsay up until last week?

I have been happy to see Lindsay on the field. Best RB. He's a spark plug.

What's up with your obsession with McCaffrey, anyway?

Aren't you one of the rule nazi's in the uniform thread?

Keep hummin'.

I have been happy to see Lindsay on the field. Best RB. He's a spark plug.

What's up with your obsession with McCaffrey, anyway?

Aren't you one of the rule nazi's in the uniform thread?

Keep hummin'.
Rule nazi in the uniform thread? What are you talking about?

All I said is that Christian McCaffrey is a better running back than Phillip Lindsay. I really don't see how that's a stretch and why you and others can't be objective about that.

All I said is that Christian McCaffrey is a better running back than Phillip Lindsay. I really don't see how that's a stretch and why you and others can't be objective about that.

What's not objective about looking at the evidence from this season? This season, Lindsay is the better player. Why is that difficult?

All I said is that you earn the Allbuffs Stanford dick-suck ribbon for the day for pointing that out.

I believe we've now come full circle.

Congrats.

McCaffrey was like 20 rushes for 84 yards against Wazzu/UW combined. No idea about the extent of injury, but a week off had to do him some good

What's not objective about looking at the evidence from this season? This season, Lindsay is the better player. Why is that difficult?
I acknowledged as much about the stats this year. I also watched what he did last year, and am just of the opinion he is the better overall RB who is not having as good a year at this moment in time. Apparently, that's known as figuratively sucking someone off, according to Skid.

If you look at his avatar and the Stanford lookalike thread, it may answer that question.

Transitive property of Bronco's fandom. The children of Stanford alums with Elway and McCaffrey ties get special dispensation for crapping on Buffs?

Back