What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. Stanford Score Prediction Thread

I think that McCaffrey will play, at 90%. That is still better than most humans. This game is a complete tossup in the betting world. Stanford -2 at home means that Buffs would be favored at home or even on a neutral field. Looking to go 8-0 against the spread this season....

Not that Stanford ever gets rocking, but I like having an early game. Their fans will be quiet and MIA. Hopefully we have a huge contingent of Cali Buffs and make it a bit damn near neutral environment. Win this and it's going to be hard to best us in the South

Not that Stanford ever gets rocking, but I like having an early game. Their fans will be quiet and MIA. Hopefully we have a huge contingent of Cali Buffs and make it a bit damn near neutral environment. Win this and it's going to be hard to best us in the South
The buffs alumni tailgate had over 600 registered attendees as of Tuesday. That is a good start.

If you don't hear the fight song on TV we will have failed.

I imagine that Ed travels anytime he doesn't have to work a Sunday Broncos game. Broncos are on MNF this week, were on Thursday last week. Or they could be at every game, money isn't exactly a problem for them. Anyway, back on target...

Buffs 87
Trees 3

That's the right answer I'm sure. Ed probably can't hit many Saturday games because of his day job, but with the Thursday nighter last weekend and the Monday nighter this weekend, he's probably taking advantage of getting to see his kid play ball.

The buffs alumni tailgate had over 600 registered attendees as of Tuesday. That is a good start.
My son and 5 or 6 of his Buff pals flew out this morning for the game. Hopefully they don't get too wasted and make fools of themselves, haha.

My son and 5 or 6 of his Buff pals flew out this morning for the game. Hopefully they don't get too wasted and make fools of themselves, haha.
That's a fun (long) 3 nights! I'd be exhausted, but that'd be a Sunday morning TSchek problem.

Stanford is good in the trenches, but they don't have a QB worth a ****, CMac is either hobbled or not playing, and their secondary is really banged up, against one of the best passing attacks in college football. I feel like the fact that Furd is even favored is 100% based on perception of the two programs.

When the Buffs are good, it's fun going to other team's boards. Understandably the Trees have a score prediction thread. Here's the first post in thread - I particularly like the highlighted text. If you'd like, you can vote on their form (I did), but you can't see the results. It should throw off their 'algorithm', though. Tree's Forum
upload_2016-10-20_10-50-18.png

When the Buffs are good, it's fun going to other team's boards. Understandably the Trees have a score prediction thread. Here's the first post in thread - I particularly like the highlighted text. If you'd like, you can vote on their form (I did), but you can't see the results. It should throw off their 'algorithm', though. Tree's Forum
View attachment 21179
Now THAT is a boring message board

"Advanced stats have CU over Stanford by a TD, but I'm hoping the magic of real-life intellectual brutality will stem the CU passing attack and make both teams slog it out."

What the **** lol

"Advanced stats have CU over Stanford by a TD, but I'm hoping the magic of real-life intellectual brutality will stem the CU passing attack and make both teams slog it out."

What the **** lol
Intellectual brutality. Are they going to think us to death?

View attachment 21179

wow. That thread actually has long distance running smack in it.
Ryan Hall - 24
Dathan Ritzenheim - 20

ha! Any steeple chaser from Stanford we can put to shame?

It's weird - every single score prediction in that forum has Stanford coming out on top, 100% of them. Maybe they know something we don't?

View attachment 21179

It's weird - every single score prediction in that forum has Stanford coming out on top, 100% of them. Maybe they know something we don't?
I think our score predictions all (except for maybe one?) have us on top. You can expect that in a game featuring a 2 point spread.

This is the reason I am worried about the Stanford game. Our offensive line is disciplined and reliably wins the battle against similarly matched DLs. We struggle with talented, athletic DLs. Stanford is the later. Unless we make some kind of breakthrough don't expect many yards on the ground. Stanford also reliably causes havoc in the backfield. If their previous games are any indication, expect about four sacs and a lot of TFLs.

If Stanford can make this a close, low scoring game then they are dictating the pace. I don't have a good feeling if this happens because of our special teams play.

Key to me will be the quick pass-quick pass-long ball...which they will tray to shut down. The other key is our defense dominating turnover battle. If we can get out ahead early, I don't think their offense can catch up.
CUvsStanfordrushing.gif

have we had any Furd visitors here?

They're probably the hardest find in the Pac. There aren't many.

And hopefully, they still think "It's just Colorado". There as to be some of that sentiment lingering, at least in the minds of some. Takes a while to erase 5 years of being a Pac doormat. May the chip on our shoulder continue. We've got much to prove and many doubters remain. Best way to get respect in the Pac? Beat Cali schools, especially on their turf.

View attachment 21179

It seems that this is the only free board for Stanford sports. Given then number of threads, responses and general discussion, they have a damn lame fan base. Weak sauce~

Go buffs!!

The Stanford players are used to winning, and winning by beating up people on the lines. Although they are a bit down this year (they did lose all 5 starting OL), this is a must-win for them and they have a lot of smart and skilled people. I really don't know how to call this one. Neither does the professional gambling world.

Back