What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. UMass Score Prediction Thread

31-16 Buffs cover.

UMASS hasn't played a game yet, will be taking a long road trip (for them), and playing at altitude (hopefully against a pissed of bunch of Buffaloes.) Buffs should roll, second stringers should get reps. If not, begin worrying (if you haven't already.)

38 UMass
24 Buffs

Buffs are once again facing a team with the mental edge and we've shown zero mental toughness in the last decade. I don't think our defense is ready to keep up, Hawaii's offense was pretty terrible, UMass is a different story. Turnovers offensively and mistakes overall are once again our downfall.

38 UMass
24 Buffs

Buffs are once again facing a team with the mental edge and we've shown zero mental toughness in the last decade. I don't think our defense is ready to keep up, Hawaii's offense was pretty terrible, UMass is a different story. Turnovers offensively and mistakes overall are once again our downfall.
Glad to see someone else who is not delusional.

Explain, please.

I just think they have the mental edge from everything I've read from them and the fact it's their first game against a team they probably feel they should've beat last year. They see things like us being favored by 14 and the fact we're a Pac-12 school, and I think it turns into a we're their super bowl type mentality. They're excited to play us, especially with it being their first game, are we excited to play them?

UMass 38
CU 21
I'm off the hooka pipe,bandwagon,koolaid,not one bad practice shtick! This team's coaching staff sucks! RG is going to be bringing in his own guy
by seasons end! We will be lucky to win 4 games this year.

Last edited:
31-16 Buffs cover.

UMASS hasn't played a game yet, will be taking a long road trip (for them), and playing at altitude (hopefully against a pissed of bunch of Buffaloes.) Buffs should roll, second stringers should get reps. If not, increase worrying (if you haven't already.)

fify

UMass has to be excited after watching the Hawaii game. They won't be intimidated to play us at home. And I heard that Hawaii asked if they can play CU for every non conf game in the future.

College games are frequently won and loss on emotion. CU does not have an emotional leader. I thought Leavitt would provide that, but either the time zones got to him (he's got a few years on him) or he doesn't do that during games.

Regardless, until either the talent deficit is so great that emotion can't overcome it (i.e. Nichols State) or until proven otherwise, I can't pick the Buffs if the talent is even in the same neighborhood.

If CU wins it might be by three scores (if all three are field goals), but I really see them losing this one 31-28.

They'll be up by 7 in the 3rd quarter. Adkins will be running like a stud. Halfway through the drive the 3rd quarter will end. The fourth quarter will start with Powell at running back, because it's "his turn in the rotation." They'll hand it to him on 1st down, and he'll get 2 yards. They'll call a stretch play the next down, and he'll get 1 yard. Sefo will throw a 6 yard out the next play that will be dropped, but it won't matter because the receiver wouldn't have gotten the first anyway. We'll punt. They'll march down the field and tie the game. The offense won't do jack the next 2 possessions. During one of their possessions, they'll kick a field goal to go ahead. The offense will come back to life (sort of) for the last drive. Clock management will be poor; the refs won't manage the end of game well, and the buffs lose again.

Sigh. The math is still correct if we lose. We just happened to be in the 17.4%.
That said, I think we'll win. Pate beat me to it but 31-28 Buffs.
Where did I say the math was wrong?

All I'm pointing out is that Vegas isn't delusional, but AZ seems to think they are.

So then according to you Vegas and a ton of other sources are delusional.
No they didn't. Not every Vegas prediction is going to pick the winner, but they are right a whole lot more often than not.

According to this link, we have a 82.6% win%. I guess math is delusional to?

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/team/colorado-buffaloes/projections
I would agree with you in general, but not when it comes to our Buffs. Using your logic, then the the Buffs should cover the spread 50% of the time. Definitely not the case.

I would agree with you in general, but not when it comes to our Buffs. Using your logic, then the the Buffs should cover the spread 50% of the time. Definitely not the case.
Actually that's a completely different. I'm not talking about covering the spread, but rather how often Vegas predicts the winner vs the spread. The spreads don't necessarily predict the game score difference, but are very good predictors of the winner of the game

Actually that's a completely different. I'm not talking about covering the spread, but rather how often Vegas predicts the winner vs the spread. The spreads don't necessarily predict the game score difference, but are very good predictors of the winner of the game
Thanks, Jimmy the Greek.

Back