What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official COLORADO vs Arizona Game Basketball Thread

I agree w skid. We got our asses packed, and there's no 2 ways about it. we got some BS calls (right booker?) too. It cuts both ways and you have to play your game no matter what the refs are doing.

Forget about this and focus on the utes, because if we are not ready to play there they are gonna whip us too.

I agree w skid. We got our asses packed, and there's no 2 ways about it. we got some BS calls (right booker?) too. It cuts both ways and you have to play your game no matter what the refs are doing.

Forget about this and focus on the utes, because if we are not ready to play there they are gonna whip us too.

SLC is a hornet's nest. We better learn how to get scrappy again real quickly, because teams don't leave that place with a win unless you prove you really ****ing want it and show some resolve.

Ref evaluation is a loser's lament.
The refs have way too much influence on the game of basketball. It is what it is. If you like college hoops, questionable refereeing comes with the territory.
There is zero point bitching about it after this loss.
So refs are free from criticism? I'm not blaming the loss on them at all, I even said that. I am beyond baffled though at how these refs got to this level (actually, I know how but that doesn't leave me any less baffled), and even more so how they are still employed by the PAC 12. The PAC 12 refs are a national joke in football and basketball, and if the PAC 12 is going to be the best conference in the nation then they need to get that fixed. Also being a ref myself causes me to be extremely critical of refs when I see them making out of position calls (pretty common for PAC 12 refs to have a ref standing on the perimeter on the other side of the court call a foul beneath the basket while the ref under the basket calls nothing) and just are not consistent (changing the hand check rule half way through the year).

So refs are free from criticism? I'm not blaming the loss on them at all, I even said that. I am beyond baffled though at how these refs got to this level (actually, I know how but that doesn't leave me any less baffled), and even more so how they are still employed by the PAC 12. The PAC 12 refs are a national joke in football and basketball, and if the PAC 12 is going to be the best conference in the nation then they need to get that fixed. Also being a ref myself causes me to be extremely critical of refs when I see them making out of position calls (pretty common for PAC 12 refs to have a ref standing on the perimeter on the other side of the court call a foul beneath the basket while the ref under the basket calls nothing) and just are not consistent (changing the hand check rule half way through the year).

That's a topic for another thread. Doesn't belong in this game thread, IMO.

Ref evaluation is a loser's lament.
The refs have way too much influence on the game of basketball. It is what it is. If you like college hoops, questionable refereeing comes with the territory.
There is zero point bitching about it after this loss.
Agree with a lot of this -- and guess what, we'll have ****ty P12 officials the rest of the season. Every conference fans likes to complain about their officials from what I've noticed.

When you lose like we did, no reason to really whine about the officiating.

No they aren't free from criticism, just doesn't look as good to do it when it's as lopsided as it was. If you do it, every single game, you don't get your point across. When you do after Chengate or some closer game, it's better empathized.

If you don't agree with him in every way you are an idiot.... come on, you know that.

All in disagreement will be interwebs intimidated until he perceives a win. I am sure in his advanced age he is just reverting to his childhood occupation of stealing lunch money.

There must be a DailyKos-like basketball website where L Buff gets all his bball theories from.

That loser who wore "blueface" commented on the CU fb post on PRich 3 times. One time he said PRich was "not to bright."

It's just so weak to complain about the refs after a loss. Nothing wrong with criticizing a call when it happens but all general complaints about refs after a loss just makes one look like a sore loser regardless of how it's prefaced. Unless of course, it's an end-of-game call like the Cuse-Duke game or Chengate as cubuffs85 referenced. Then it's OK to pull your hair out and go nuts.

I'm a Bball & soccer ref as well. Bball is hard to get right every single call or non-call because there's so many rules relative to the speed of play. It's not an excuse, just an observation, but I don't see any fans within any conference boasting about how good they have it with their refs. Marcus Smart, who has been the beneficiary of all-star calls, was complaining about the refs when his chips were down too.

Last edited:
Back