What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official COLORADO vs Arizona Game Basketball Thread

HEY UofA!!

Rottenecards_82761_vbz9pty587.png

From ESPN:
No. 4 Arizona at Colorado, 9 p.m. ET, ESPN: Colorado lost four of five games after Spencer Dinwiddie suffered a season-ending knee injury in a loss at Washington on Jan. 12. It was a sad moment for a program on the rise and a player with legit NBA dreams. But sophomore Xavier Johnson has scored 20 or more four times since Dinwiddie’s injury (he hadn't scored 20 this season before then). He’s stepped up to help a Colorado team that’s won five of its last six while boasting a top-50 adjusted defensive efficiency per Ken Pomeroy. But Arizona understands loss, too. On Feb. 1, Brandon Ashley suffered a season-ending foot injury that changed the dynamics of the program. His midrange game, size and defense were all vital for the nation's former No. 1 team. The Wildcats are not the same without him, but they’re still a viable contender. Why? Because Rondae Hollis-Jefferson is reminding all doubters that Sean Miller’s recruiting classes have brought a bunch of talent to Tucson in recent years. Including the California game (Ashley left the contest after just two minutes of action), Hollis-Jefferson has averaged 12.6 PPG, 6.8 RPG, 1.2 BPG and 1.2 SPG. Yeah, the Wildcats are different. But they’re still good. Just not good enough to knock off this soaring, reinvigorated Colorado squad on the road.

Prediction: Colorado 73, Arizona 71

Popcorn Factor (8)

I have a feeling that getting there at ~630 or so is going to leave me with a ****ty seat since I have GA tix....oh well

About to head over to get in line. Is it crazy that I really really expect us to win? I haven't even contemplated the thought of us losing and that's scaring me.

Andy Katz on this matchup

I'm personally sick of all the Spencer narratives, I get it from a national perspective. But the truth of the matter is we've won every game, we should've and likewise lost every game we shouldn't have. I think it's somewhat but not totally surprising we're doing as well as we are at this point. Now we have four games that we're not favored in. There's a 20% chance according to the analytics, we won't another game game. If we go 3-1, I'll be impressed, 2-2 I'll be satisfied.

Boulder is buzzing for this game like it never has for a college basketball affair in February. The anticipation should equal the event.

But you have my favorite type of seat -- the one's inside the arena!
I have a feeling that getting there at ~630 or so is going to leave me with a ****ty seat since I have GA tix....oh well

But you have my favorite type of seat -- the one's inside the arena!

And having attended many games there (since 1996) I can attest to the fact that there is really not a bad seat in the house.

GO BUFFS!!!

Andy Katz on this matchup

I'm personally sick of all the Spencer narratives, I get it from a national perspective. But the truth of the matter is we've won every game, we should've and likewise lost every game we shouldn't have. I think it's somewhat but not totally surprising we're doing as well as we are at this point. Now we have four games that we're not favored in. There's a 20% chance according to the analytics, we won't another game game. If we go 3-1, I'll be impressed, 2-2 I'll be satisfied.

Am I the only one that gets frustrated with the 6-5 post-Dinwiddie stat? Andy Katz cites it here, too, and even incorrectly states Dinwiddie sustained his injury in the 2nd half.

It was a late 1st half injury and we were winning that game when he went down.

Bill Walton didn't seem to enthused about a picture :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay ... I'm lovin' Bill Walton right now. :thumbsup:

Back