What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official "Complain about NBC" thread

I still can't get onto nbcolympics.com or whatever despite having signed up for xfinity from comcast. That sucks.

I watched Norway vs. France in women's team handball and that was a great game.

Jesus ****ing christ. I just wanted to watch Missy Franklin's ****ing race, but because I don't have Cable or Satellite, I'm out of ****ing luck. She won this thing like 12 hours ago - but I have to wait for them to show the replay before I can view it online.

I usually like to watch the Olympics - but I haven't seen anything yet this year.

NBC promotes Missy Franklin winning her "first gold" 6 minutes before they showed it "live".

10:05 p.m. ET: A promo for another NBC production, The Today Show, talked up a Missy Franklin feature coming Tuesday morning and referred to the teen winning "her first gold" - about six minutes before viewers saw her do it.

Granted, perhaps it's not worth obsessing over this Orwellian stuff: NBC, even when it scoops itself, is only acknowledging what's already been reported by news outlets all over the world.

And then, shortly after the promo, there it was on the NBC broadcast: Missy Franklin wins gold! Who knew?

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olym...-30/London-Olympics-NBC-television/56596406/1

How does one go about setting up a vpn in London in order to view the BBC content?

I doubt you would want to VPN to london as you don't want to deal with the encryption overhead. Look for a proxy server located outside of the us.

Yeah you need to allow it via your firewall, What OS and firewall are you using?

Three things need access. Also this is my by anchor shield which puts up ads when using their service. Use abblock plus on firefox to not see any of the adds. (Same people that make hotspot shield)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    18.6 KB · Views: 67
I need to add that BBC website is so much cleaner and easier to use than NBC.

Nice job on the live stream for the women's gymnastics final. Worked fine for Russia, China, and every other team. As soon as the US women are up it would keep freezing.

My wife about flipped on NBC last night on their gymnastics coverage which was so comically horrible......The last Russian gal just performed a killer floor routine and the coverage literally was 2 minutes of everyone's faces staring at the scoreboard to get the scores and see who won

No problem, until they never showed the score of the Russian gal to see how close it was but just showed Gabby Douglas smile and get all excited....If we had to sit there anxiously awaiting this 1 score at home and we never got do see the GD score, kinda annoying and ****** converge NBC. Plus then they glaze over the stupid IOC rules to break a tiebreaker in 3rd place in less then 3 seconds...AWFUL

My wife about flipped on NBC last night on their gymnastics coverage which was so comically horrible......The last Russian gal just performed a killer floor routine and the coverage literally was 2 minutes of everyone's faces staring at the scoreboard to get the scores and see who won

No problem, until they never showed the score of the Russian gal to see how close it was but just showed Gabby Douglas smile and get all excited....If we had to sit there anxiously awaiting this 1 score at home and we never got do see the GD score, kinda annoying and ****** converge NBC. Plus then they glaze over the stupid IOC rules to break a tiebreaker in 3rd place in less then 3 seconds...AWFUL

Live tv can be challenging. It's not like they had hours to cut it into the most compelling broadcast possible.

That was pretty awful. It also pisses me off how they shove the camera into the face of a crying 16 year girl who just saw her dreams go up in smoke.

The commercial isn't racist.

The context isn't racist.

The only thing racist is that we've got some first-class idots in this world who call black folks monkeys. Maybe the ad was insensitive, but if it was insensitive it's only because the people involved didn't make a mental connection between monkeys and black folks. That's where we'd like everyone to be, right?

Anyway, I've got to think that this is going to turn into a hilarious SNL bit this weekend. I'm looking forward to that. :smile2:

yes we all know that only white people can be compared to monkey's not any other race

bush-chimp.jpg

If that is "racist" then I certainly don't know the definition of the word anymore.....this PC world we live in sometimes, unreal

If that is "racist" then I certainly don't know the definition of the word anymore.....this PC world we live in sometimes, unreal

Heh, you have to understand: if people are going to click on your youtube video, you have to title it something quite inflammatory. something like "haha NBC is silly" isn't going to get as many hits as "NBC air an extremely racist commercial." i don't think anyone thinks what happened was racist at all...

I have been using http://unblock-us.com/ to watch BBC. I find it very easy to use and speed is awesome. Very little buffering. They have a one week free trial and insanely easy to set up.

I am not gonna complain that big about our coverage here as we at least get "most" stuff live (their choices as to what to show live and what not are odd sometimes tho), but their highlights of the USA/Nigeria game were ridiculous. They butchered pretty much every US name (pronounced Durant like if he was French, he plays for "Oklahoma Thunder City", btw) ... but they today topped their idiocy by going to a ****ing judo fight just when the German mixed tennis team had 3 ****ing matchballs.

There is a ton of track and field stuff on tomorrow. I wonder if NBC is going to air any of it live since it will be Saturday or just tape delay it all until prime time. Wait that was a stupid question. I may watch prime time tonight even though I have seen it. I want to time the commercials. I have heard they are airing up to 20 minutes of commercials for every hour of coverage.

BBC online stream has commentary, NBC online stream has none. I don't know why this has amused me so much.

Back