What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

Not sure the U goes for the parking idea as they are trying to eliminate parking on campus unless absolute necessary. If they don't go for it, the AD is furked. Pretty much 20 total spots left if they take out that parking lot near Folsom St

no but you would ruin a perfectly good joke.

Thank you. It hadn't occurred to me that someone would think I thought we were seriously putting the club room in a weight room. I mean I've posted some pretty stupid @#$, but ....

Not sure the U goes for the parking idea as they are trying to eliminate parking on campus unless absolute necessary. If they don't go for it, the AD is furked. Pretty much 20 total spots left if they take out that parking lot near Folsom St

Administrators are asking the regents, I think it's safe to say the university is on board with it

In all the tini bashing, it has gotten lost that he was correct on facilities. Just sayin'.

tumblr_lrqrgvmZBM1qlr140o1_500.gif

Not trying to speak for the Regents or the campus admin, but this seems like the perfect solution for parking. 600 spaces that are basically invisible from "ground level". I can see them wanting to eliminate as much surface parking as possible, but maybe this is a perfect compromise (which, of course, means they may oppose it with their "CU Logic"). JMHO.

Not trying to speak for the Regents or the campus admin, but this seems like the perfect solution for parking. 600 spaces that are basically invisible from "ground level". I can see them wanting to eliminate as much surface parking as possible, but maybe this is a perfect compromise (which, of course, means they may oppose it with their "CU Logic"). JMHO.

It has more to do with CU trying to encourage students/faculty to commute and/or use public transportation.

It has more to do with CU trying to encourage students/faculty to commute and/or use public transportation.

They can encourage all they want, at the end of the day, they have a growth plan for the school that calls for upwards of 35,000 students on that campus in the next 10 years (I don't know the exact numbers, but that's about what they are). Those folks can't all live within walking or biking distance to the campus. They are going to need additional parking, and this is a perfect solution to that problem. Nobody will even see the structure. I'd be shocked if they don't approve the request.

Would you care to explain your post? You've real spot on with this facilities stuff, by the way. I guess I should just defer to you :rolling_eyes:

They can encourage all they want, at the end of the day, they have a growth plan for the school that calls for upwards of 35,000 students on that campus in the next 10 years (I don't know the exact numbers, but that's about what they are). Those folks can't all live within walking or biking distance to the campus. They are going to need additional parking, and this is a perfect solution to that problem. Nobody will even see the structure. I'd be shocked if they don't approve the request.

Plus, parking at CU is a big revenue producer between the amount of people who pay for permits/parking time and the tickets they give out.

Sure. But I think they also recognize that the big wigs need a place to park and they'll pay for it. You can't ask someone who donated 6 or 7 figures to ride the bus to a game. And over time, that parking structure at Folsom will be a cash cow.

And yeah, it's a revenue producer. There really aren't a lot of reasons to deny this request.

I'm sure Uncle Phil would have found several reasons if RG hadn't told him to STFU first.

20130718__19DCSBUFw_500.jpg

That's a great picture. I have to remind myself that technically, Phil is RG's boss, but from the looks of that pic, RG is the one in charge. We have no idea what is being said, but the look on both faces sure makes it look like RG is giving the orders.

Psst. Just heard the proposed IPF underground parking structure connects to the vast network of secret tunnels that extend from DIA.

That's a great picture. I have to remind myself that technically, Phil is RG's boss, but from the looks of that pic, RG is the one in charge. We have no idea what is being said, but the look on both faces sure makes it look like RG is giving the orders.
Actually RG reports to the CFO (Kelly Fox) who reports to Benson.

Psst. Just heard the proposed IPF underground parking structure connects to the vast network of secret tunnels that extend from DIA.

I know people who will swear that there is a set of tunnels that connects CU to Boulder High. I've never seen them, but I know folks who absolutely swear that they've seen them and that they do exist.

I'm not convinced this is a good idea. I get that we're one of the healthiest states in the country, but trying to get a work out during half time seems over the top.

So nobody else found this funny? I say rep this man

According to Colorado buffaloes football Facebook there should be a live construction camera feed up tomorrow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 35
I know people who will swear that there is a set of tunnels that connects CU to Boulder High. I've never seen them, but I know folks who absolutely swear that they've seen them and that they do exist.

Since the statute of limitations has long since run, I will say this, when I was a freshman at CU in 1984 me and some friends noticed that the grate covering a steam tunnel access point in front of our dorm was unlocked, and we decided to go spelunking. We explored from pretty much up to the power plant, down to the engineering center, and all the way over to Kitteridge. These were pretty modern tunnels. Once you got close to the steam plant, they looked pretty old, and you could not get to the tunnels on the west side of campus except by going through the steam plant, which we didn't want to do for fear of getting caught. Any side tunnel to Boulder High would be an extension of the west side tunnels, and while they certainly can be that long, if you think of the geography (going under Boulder Creek, down a big slope, etc) it would be almost impossible to build.

I have actually gone from the Chemistry building through tunnels and emerged on folsom field. I had a friend in middle school who knew how to do it. We went under the building next to Balch with the old swimming pool, under Balch and emerged at field level. I don't think there's a branch to Boulder High though, because it was all utility heating tunnels.

Since the statute of limitations has long since run, I will say this, when I was a freshman at CU in 1984 me and some friends noticed that the grate covering a steam tunnel access point in front of our dorm was unlocked, and we decided to go spelunking. We explored from pretty much up to the power plant, down to the engineering center, and all the way over to Kitteridge. These were pretty modern tunnels. Once you got close to the steam plant, they looked pretty old, and you could not get to the tunnels on the west side of campus except by going through the steam plant, which we didn't want to do for fear of getting caught. Any side tunnel to Boulder High would be an extension of the west side tunnels, and while they certainly can be that long, if you think of the geography (going under Boulder Creek, down a big slope, etc) it would be almost impossible to build.

What if Allbuffs was just an elaborate sting operation to find out who broke into the steam tunnels in 1984.

Yeah, steam tunnels exist. Went down in Kitt area. I think they even spit out in ENG center

Sent from my Windows Phone via Tapatalk

Back