What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

Don't know if this video was already posted

[video=vimeo;95550025]http://vimeo.com/95550025[/video]

Construction of parking garage "may" push back overall completion date to Fall '15.

Seats will be in, in time for this season. The facility was optimistically planned to be done in may '15, so adding a parking garage and pushing back the date a few months seems about right.

The parking garage is such a natural fit that it's worth the small delay to get that put in there. That's premium parking that can be sold for a lot of money for six days a year. It's also great parking for off campus students, staff, faculty, etc for all the rest of the days of the year. It's close enough to the Rec Center that you could actually sell Rec Center memberships to non-CU affiliated people. It's also virtually invisible. A total no-brainer.

The parking garage is such a natural fit that it's worth the small delay to get that put in there. That's premium parking that can be sold for a lot of money for six days a year. It's also great parking for off campus students, staff, faculty, etc for all the rest of the days of the year. It's close enough to the Rec Center that you could actually sell Rec Center memberships to non-CU affiliated people. It's also virtually invisible. A total no-brainer.

but I've heard that parking garages hurt the bee population-:huh:

Looks like they expect Loge seating in the north end-zone to be available for next season, touchdown club the year after.

I sort of envisioned different end zone seats. Why did they dig out the deeper hole closer to the field?

ec

Last edited:
yes, doofus. but why deeper foundation than next to Dal ward?
Possibly because there will be backfill (dirt) at higher levels towards the back. The footers for the foundation must be below the frostline - probably 36"-42", or to remove unstable soil (less likely). Similar to what's done with a walkout basement footer. Without seeing detailed drawings, I can only guess.

So... beats me?

yes, doofus. but why deeper foundation than next to Dal ward?

Ogre nailed it. Frost depth of 36-42" and half the weight is going down to these areas.

Additionally the back of the stands probably have a different bearing condition. Either with isolated footings or piers since I assume that area will still be a breezeway. Not digging next to Dal Ward also means you aren't potentially impacting that structure if it is not necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

given what Broncos tickets go for, if CU gets to just playing .500 ball and keeps those prices for another year or two, I would expect to see Folsom packed.

given what Broncos tickets go for, if CU gets to just playing .500 ball and keeps those prices for another year or two, I would expect to see Folsom packed.

I wouldn't. Broncos always have and always will reign supreme in this region.

Student section should improve though

Hate to say this but you're overestimating the fanbase.

We averaged 50K in 2011 and basketball attendance has risen drastically. Show progress on the field to where the home games are fun to go to and Folsom will be full.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back