What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU-ASU game thread

An ugly game ... but there's no such thing as an ugly WIN.

And one we had to have.

GO BUFFS! :thumbsup:

Ceal knows the game very well and doesn't talk too much. Good enough for me.

Important W, wasn't pretty but got the job done and that's the most important thing. Really good defensive performance.

Took care of business on the road. ASU sure makes games ugly though, yikes.

Our RPI is now up to 68th (from 76th before the game)

Cal went way up to 35 with their win @ UCLA (from 48). Oregon moved up a few spots to 72, Arizona dropped to 73, and Washington is right about where they were at 76 (Huskies play at OSU tomorrow)

So, yes, you're reading me correctly. We currently have the 2nd best RPI in the Pac :smile2:

Last edited:
Took care of business on the road. ASU sure makes games ugly though, yikes.

Our RPI is now up to 69th (from 76th before the game)

Cal went way up to 35 with their win @ UCLA (from 48). Arizona dropped to 70 (from 62). Oregon moved up a few spots to 72, and Washington is right about where they were at 75 (Huskies play at OSU tomorrow)

So, yes, you're reading me correctly. We currently have the 2nd best RPI in the Pac :smile2:

So Zona beats a 5 win Utah team and drops 8 spots, we beat an 8 win ASsU team on the road and move up 7? I like it, but that seems like a ridiculous imbalance between the way home and road games are weighted....

So Zona beats a 5 win Utah team and drops 8 spots, we beat an 8 win ASsU team on the road and move up 7? I like it, but that seems like a ridiculous imbalance between the way home and road games are weighted....

That's part of it, but we also got some solid RPI help from our OOC today with Georgia winning at Mississippi State and Wichita State winning at Creighton.

Here's ESPN's "alternative RPI" ... I have no idea whether it or the present RPI are inherently valid, but thought some might find it informative. :huh:

Besides ... I was told there'd be no math. :bang:

Listened to the game on the radio driving home from Denver, heard all of it, got home for the last 3-4 minutes on TV.

Sounded like the arena was dead. Would depend on mike placement but heard as much from the CU fans as the ASU fans. Whoever was singing the fight song deserves some props, came through loud and clear.

Buffs played a terrible game, lots of turnovers, missed FTs, couldn't get any offensive rhythm going but sucked it up and won anyways in a game played at ASU's pace. Sounded like the Fr. guards made the difference.

And with the other topic here Ceal knows what she is talking about and does a good job of sharing information without resorting to stupid, useless information just to fill airtime. She is also a true Buff at heart but manages to not come off as a total homer, she can criticize without putting down.

Went to the game with my wife. ASU's arena was dead. Probably 4000 in attendance (despite the 5000 reported), with several hundred Buff fans in the house. Maybe 300 ASU students. Very weak for a school of that size.

I was surprised at ASU's size advantage and by our lack of ability to create shots in the first half. We need a slasher badly (or need one to step-up consistently). Saw a lot of the same problems tonight I saw Thursday against UA, we just could get away with it tonight. Love Booker and Dinwiddie; didn't realize how small Booker is. Boyle always looks like he is in complete control. Not much else to report; pretty tame game. Go Buffs

Just read this thread.

Askia Booker and the Mayor are scrappy. I've enjoyed watching both play with urgency and pick up the slack when Carlon and Roberson aren't hot. What's up with Andre's free throws? Watching the freshmen play with authority is a good sign. Tad Boyle's program is only going to get better. Nice win on the road. Getting a split in Arizona is keeping the Buffs in the hunt, and on pace for 20 wins. The Utah game would provide a good opportunity for CU to hit on all cylinders.

As for Ceal Berry..I didn't get her broadcast this time. I suffered through the FCS sun devil shills for the first half. I think they would prefer it if there were names on CU's jerseys, too, because the ASU homers were lost when describing CU's performance. They lost me when one of them droned on and on about picking the Buffs to finish 10th in the Pac12 instead of being present in calling the play on the court. I ended up listening to the KOA crew on the iHeartRadio app and had to stagger the TV feed to synch up with the broadcast delay. I respect Mark Johnson's skills. He has a classic booming radio voice, a captivating cadence, and knows the team inside out. He's good.

I did hear Ceal call a game earlier in the season. Her broadcasting skills annoyed me. I can't fault her insight, and I respect her love for the program. But her vocal cadence is off. She has a slight of stammer...or maybe bad timing. I mean her articulation of an idea is a split second behind the flow of the game. Ceal's cadence tends to remind me of the Diane Ream Show on public radio. Once you can get past the delivery, the intellect shines through. Getting past the delivery is easier said than done.

good solid road win. Tini is an idiot for spending his saturday night arguing about Ceal ****ing Barry on the internet when he lives in Boulder, Colorado.

I enjoyed this very informative thread about how the game went. I need to get on here more often. It was kind of hard to find posts to know, but CU did win, I hope.

J/K Creatini

Back