What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU-ASU game thread

Just read this thread.

Askia Booker and the Mayor are scrappy. I've enjoyed watching both play with urgency and pick up the slack when Carlon and Roberson aren't hot. What's up with Andre's free throws? Watching the freshmen play with authority is a good sign. Tad Boyle's program is only going to get better. Nice win on the road. Getting a split in Arizona is keeping the Buffs in the hunt, and on pace for 20 wins. The Utah game would provide a good opportunity for CU to hit on all cylinders.

Games like this with Ski and Din give me a lot of hope for the rest of this season and more importantly for the future.

We have an exciting recruiting class coming in next year that should provide the front court punch that we have been missing (Scott and Gordon played each other Friday night, Gordon 10 points, 11 rebounds, 3 blks and Scott 28 points, 10 rebounds) but we cannot count on the young guys to be ready to deliver offensively right out of the gate. With Brown leaving along with Nate I was worried about putting points on the board. The young guys this year are proving that they are ready to be PAC level guards and provide offense when we need it.

Tad's teams in the past have tended to peak at the end of the season and these guys should be strong contributors down the stretch, especially as Brown continues to be inconsistent and Adams is a dissapointment offensively. With that our future this year and next looks bright.

I'm a little concerned that Ski and the Mayor might hit the "freshman wall", if they keep logging a lot of pt. I hope the team jumps to a big lead against the yoots so they (and all the starters) can get a little extra down time. It would be nice to be a little fresher for the pivotal last 4 league games.

One thing that's nice is this is our "bye" week. We only have the one game this week, so the team should be able to catch up on it's rest.

I'm a little concerned that Ski and the Mayor might hit the "freshman wall", if they keep logging a lot of pt. I hope the team jumps to a big lead against the yoots so they (and all the starters) can get a little extra down time. It would be nice to be a little fresher for the pivotal last 4 league games.

One style point that I really enjoy during this 2011 season is that somebody steps up. You never know who the star is going to be from game to game. If an opponent keys in on one player, then it opens an opportunity for another. Someone like Askia or Dinwoodie or Chen or SHT steps up when Default or Brown or Roberson is under pressure, or otherwise having a bad game. It was fun watching Dinwoodie knock down those threes in the second half against ASU when no one else was able to generate points. Booker absolutely was the spark that elevated CU over Oregon in Boulder. Every game, there is a different star. The opponents must hate that.

Yeah. Our scoring is ridiculously balanced. It has to make it very hard to game plan us.

Carlon - 12.8 ppg
Austin - 11.3 ppg
Andre - 11.2 ppg
Mayor - 10.8 ppg
Askia - 9.1 ppg
Nate - 5.7 ppg

For better and worse, it's also very inconsistent (game to game and even half to half). We're one of the few teams in the conference that can realistically expect to put 4 or 5 guys in double figures if we're playing reasonably well.

Yeah. Our scoring is ridiculously balanced. It has to make it very hard to game plan us.

Carlon - 12.8 ppg
Austin - 11.3 ppg
Andre - 11.2 ppg
Mayor - 10.8 ppg
Askia - 9.1 ppg
Nate - 5.7 ppg

For better and worse, it's also very inconsistent (game to game and even half to half). We're one of the few teams in the conference that can realistically expect to put 4 or 5 guys in double figures if we're playing reasonably well.

Lose Carlon and Austin for next year along with Nate so will be losing our top two scorers. Adams has the potential to turn into a scorer but he's been a dissapointment to me this year. Also dissapointing is Andre's offensive development. I can't complain about him because he is one of the top rebounders in the country depite being only 6'7" (and I don't really believe he is that tall) and thin. He also plays tough D for us. That all said he hasn't seemed to step up offensively, he doesn't do anything noticable on that end of the floor that he wasn't doing last year. He hasn't developed an effective mid-range game and at times is nowhere near aggressive enough taking the ball to the rim or aggressive enough when he is taking it to the rim. He has the tools to be a much more effective scorer than he is.

With all that we will need Ski and the Mayor to carry a lot of the offensive load next season. The recruits look to have the abilities to contribute but until they actually do it on the floor we need to know that we have some guys who can give us points.

We lost our top four scorers from last year. We will be returning a lot more experience next year than we did this year and are bringing in some good players. Hope they work out as well as our freshman this year.

Back