What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU at Oregon State Game thread

Nobody is talking about being sold on MM or not. Can't we have one night, or perhaps one week, after a win where we aren't discussing Mac's job security?

I disagree with 99.9% of what you post, but I agree here. MM job security conversations are over now that 0-9 isn't a possibility.

Wins are good. D was very gutty!

Gretch was impressed at the reduction in my "in game profanity", me too ;)

Tough road ahead, but a win is a win.

Go Buffs
As they said during the telecast, "The gutty Colorado Buffalos will take on UCLA next week."

Getting happier about the win by the minute. The beautiful thing is that this isn't WSU 2012. There was nothing fluky. Colorado earned this win and beat a desperate OSU team on the road.
Congrats players and coaches.

Getting happier about the win by the minute. The beautiful thing is that this isn't WSU 2012. There was nothing fluky. Colorado earned this win and beat a desperate OSU team on the road.
Congrats players and coaches.
When OSU broke out the dual QB system and the throw back to the QB trick play on the first drive, I knew the Buffs would win because OSU had no faith in their normal offense - IF CU could weather the initial storm. It was uglier than I thought it would be, but take the W and move on to next week.

Positives:
-Sefo played one of his best games as a Buff.
-Tedric Thompson is so damn good
-Awuzie is as well and after that PI, he made up for it and ended that game on his own
-Jered Bell played a great game. Very happy for that young man.
-KO returned and was solid
-Run game had some meat to it and was very balanced. Everyone gets 7-8 carries
-Defense adjusted and played good pass D. Probably because the young QB should have just kept exposing Witherspoon instead of Awuzie or the Safeties.

Negatives
-Lindgren 3-3 and outs to end the game and 2-3 and outs to end first half. He ran the Sefo OT way too often and his play calling was similar to a pee wee level coach.
-Witherspoon was bailed out by a dumb WR but he must learn to turn his hips. Crawley has not been as good as thought as well.
-Defense got gashed by a RB that may not gain 100 yards the rest of the year. Wrap up!
-Diego has had some issues kicking recently. Not awful but needs to improve.
-Kevin Calabro is the worse play by play guy I have ever heard. He constantly calls out the incorrect personnel.

Oh biggest positive the Buff ended a 14 game conference losing streak and 13 game conference road streak.

I like MacIntyre. He bought himself another year in my opinion even against a ****ty OSU team. I would love to see one more win.

Some afterthoughts...

- Sefo's running was effective, even if we did go to that well a couple too many times. The plausible threat of him running should help keep defenses honest.

- Irwin is not a bad pass catching TE, we've seen him make some nice catches. I'd like to see us use him more in that role... hopefully Sefo can see him as he breaks wide open while he ignored in coverage.

- Powell ran well last night, he really seemed to be patient and set up blocks. Not our number one option, but I thought he was effective.

- Lee needs the ball any way we can get it to him. He has a spark and one of the few guys on this team that gives you the thought of taking it to the house from any position on the field.

- Defense buckled down when we needed it, but tackling remains an issue. Makes me wonder if OSU had gone with the unconventional method of 2 min drill, and fan that big RB, would we have been successful stopping the drive?

- Whoever decides to go conservative on offense with only a 1 possession lead needs to reexamine their philisophy.

- lt is OSU looking for moral victory moments from last night, not us! A pleasant change.

- Lastly, I finally feel rewarded for staying up until 1:30 am to watch a Buffs game.

Way to go Buffs! Lets build on this... turning points don't have to always be big upsets. Make this your turning point!

Woke up this am and it still feels fantastic to have this monkey of a streak off of our backs. Great job Buffs overall but a special call out to the D, you guys freaking held a team to 13 points in their house. I do not care the level of the competition, that is one hell of an accomplishment. They were pulling trick plays out and scheming with two QBs to do anything they could to break the D. Hell of an effort.

Also, a big game ball to Sefo. Kid is a gamer. His stat line was a thing of beauty and he was a pretty darn effective runner all night. While he can always get better at finding the open receiver, no TOs was huge last night on the road. His Oline is a mess and he was missing Fields. Pretty damn good night.

Great job and Go Buffs!

I fell asleep at 10-10 in the 3rd quarter last night when the OSU OL player was carted off the field. (Yes, I know, I suck)

I watched the second half this afternoon. Hate to say this, but I didn't see a defense dominating. I saw a Beavers team roll down the field, miss a field goal, roll down the field again, and have two penalties interrupt a drive, leaving them with just 3 instead of a TD. Then they inexplicably returned the passing QB to the game who couldn't hit anyone.

I have seen several calls "winning ugly is better than losing". I agree! I feel better about the Buffs today than in a long time. I still didn't see much that gives me confidence going up against the schedule coming up with the possible exception of WSU. Their strengths on offense play to ours on defense, so maybe we can squeak one out there. The rest, we will just have to see.

Back