What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU @ Cal Berkeley prediction thread

Colorado 21
Cal 7

CU's defense will be the best unit on the field, and CU will get a return TD of some kind. Goodman misses a few FGs, but we get a good return to set up a short field for Hansen to McKnight. CU will have trouble running the ball until the 4thQ.

I think CU has a great D and needed a game like CU vs CSU to wake them up....this will be a defensive game with CU winning 17-13.

Tyler Hansen will have a career game and Stewart will have a big game as well but I think D's will decide this game..

Cal 47
CU 12

This Buff team is good enough to beat Cal, they just don't yet believe they are good enough to bounce a team like Cal away from home. The lack of confidence kills the buffs.

Plus, it is a road game and Juice Box sucks ass on the road. (He sucks ass at home too)
I wish I was wrong but I think the best we do this Saturday is come away with a moral victory along with a big fat L.

Did I mention that Juice Box sucks ass....

Cal 47
CU 12

This Buff team is good enough to beat Cal, they just don't yet believe they are good enough to bounce a team like Cal away from home. The lack of confidence kills the buffs.

Plus, it is a road game and Juice Box sucks ass on the road. (He sucks ass at home too)
I wish I was wrong but I think the best we do this Saturday is come away with a moral victory along with a big fat L.

How the hell can 47-12 be a moral victory?

How the hell can 47-12 be a moral victory?

I think he said it's the best we can hope for, not what will happen.

I kind of agree with him. I have no confidence in Dan Hawkins' ability to prepare this team for what it will face on Saturday. I'm sure this week has been all about getting their horns out and bringing their lunchpail, with little attention given to blocking, tackling, running, passing and catching.

I think he said it's the best we can hope for, not what will happen.

I kind of agree with him. I have no confidence in Dan Hawkins' ability to prepare this team for what it will face on Saturday. I'm sure this week has been all about getting their horns out and bringing their lunchpail, with little attention given to blocking, tackling, running, passing and catching.

Hold on folks lets be realistic, this is CAL we are going to visit it isn't Texas, Alabama or even Kyle filed they are rolling into. Memorial is not loud, Cal fans are relatively civilized, Sagrin wise they are rated ahead of us but not way ahead of us. I don't think there is anyway we win this game but you guys are talking about this game like it was us going to UT last year.

The only way we get whopped as bad as some of you think is if Gary Pinkle starts coaching the bears before Saturday.

I think this is a game we can win. The stadium will have a lot of Buff fans in it so our team won't feel alone and we have some skilled players that can match up well. No way in hell I'm going to predict a win, but I think I could be surprised by one.

Hold on folks lets be realistic, this is CAL we are going to visit it isn't Texas, Alabama or even Kyle filed they are rolling into. Memorial is not loud, Cal fans are relatively civilized, Sagrin wise they are rated ahead of us but not way ahead of us. I don't think there is anyway we win this game but you guys are talking about this game like it was us going to UT last year.

The only way we get whopped as bad as some of you think is if Gary Pinkle starts coaching the bears before Saturday.

Whether it's UT (Texas) or UT (Toledo) the results are quite often the same with this coaching staff, especially on the road.

To quote the zen master: "We'll see".

I'm not confident. I do wish I were at the game, though. That sounds like it's going to be awesome.

i'll do what i always do and go heart over brain:

CU 24
cal 13

The final score at the end of regulation will be 10 - 10 (those who bet the under will be cheering). It will tak 5 overtimes to determine a winner. Speedy will convert a 2 point conversion to make the final score 32 - 30 Buffs (those who bet the under will be pissed now). Aric Goodman will personally carry Speedy off the field on his shoulders because he missed a 34 yarder in the second OT that would have won it.

I was at the game when Cal lost to CSU in 2003 just 3 weeks before they upset #3 USC. I think it's time for another Colorado team to shine in Memorial stadium.

Like always the home team jumps us early, gets a big lead, we have a good second half, lose the game, ask what if?
Cal 31
CU 21

that sounds about right to me based on the last 3-4 years.

but wtf,

CU 29
Cal 27

Major sacks Riley to push Cal out of legit FG range and Cal misses a 58 yarder as time expires.

Cal 47
CU 12

I hate that I was so close. I hate my buffs sucking ass so bad.

The only silver lining is that this performance has added a lot more momentum to the idea that Hawk should be fired before conference play begins. We will lose to Hawaii and Georgia and if Hawk isn't fired before OOC play ends he will be immediately after our loss to the dogs.

Back