What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU @ Oregon prediction thread

Oregon will name their score in this one, how high it goes is dependent on how deep into their 8th string they want to go.

Ducks - A ****load of points
Buffs - 10 garbage time points

There's a good chance KSU passes Oregon in tonight's BCS rankings.

If Oregon wants to get a title shot they need to win and win big.

I predict Oregon wins by at least 50.

There's a good chance KSU passes Oregon in tonight's BCS rankings.

If Oregon wants to get a title shot they need to win and win big.

I predict Oregon wins by at least 50.

No not really.

@BryanDFischer: Oregon is .0145 behind Kansas State without playing their three toughest games. Computer average will rise.

If Oregon wins out they will pass KSjU in the standings. One of the top two will drop a game and Oregon hasn't really played anyone yet and still have USC, Stanford, Oregon State, and USC again (presumably).

this is going to be epic uglyness now that the duck has to make a statement, buffs are going to be rolled big time

quack 80
fluffs 00

No not really.

@BryanDFischer: Oregon is .0145 behind Kansas State without playing their three toughest games. Computer average will rise.

If Oregon wins out they will pass KSjU in the standings. One of the top two will drop a game and Oregon hasn't really played anyone yet and still have USC, Stanford, Oregon State, and USC again (presumably).

Tend to agree here. I don't think Kelly is pulling his starters purely because he is being classy. He knows he cannot afford to get any key players hurt before the big games start. I will be surprised if his starter sniffs the field in the second half - assuming they have already scored 50+ against the Buffs.

Ducks 74
Buffs 10

The second half game-within-the-game is how bad the score will get. Oregon can't help but score despite emptying the bench, but the clock keep them from hitting 80.

The line is 47.5 btw... just obscene

I didn't see the SC game, but I heard we were actually able to move the ball and what killed us was basically turnovers. That gives me hope.

CU - 17
Oregon - 84

Oregon is so shaken by the BCS Computer Rankings and totally overlooks the CU Buffs. Oregon players are totally hungover for the game due to an off campus party that was "kickin". CU Buffs fans rejoice across the nation by not being embarassed by their teams showing.

Ducks - 47
Buffs - 34

a former Michigan player admitted a while back that quite a few Wolverines played the Appalachian State game high to see how badly they could beat a team while high... oops.

I see the Ducks trotting out a similar tactic this weekend. Buffs go up 14-0... and lose 56-14.

IIIRC, most points CU has ever given up in a single game is 82. (OU in '80, I think).

That record is in serious jeopardy.

However, Kelly has to know that he really doesn't have to make a "statement" against CU (other than the one he's basically already going to make because we suck so bad), so I doubt we will see the pedal down much after halftime. Oregon has a much stronger SoS the rest of the year over K-State. K-State has no chance at keeping up with Oregon with the toughest game left on the schedule being Texas, also, either Florida and Bama can't both stay undefeated (plus Florida will get run by Bama if they indeed get to the SEC CCG - so there's no chance at a rematch), so all Oregon has to do is win out, and they're in.

Kelly is an enormous dick, so he might want to run up the score regardless, but he probably knows he has much more to lose keeping his starters in and risking injury than he has to gain by trying to win 98-zip.

IIIRC, most points CU has ever given up in a single game is 82. (OU in '80, I think).

That record is in serious jeopardy.

However, Kelly has to know that he really doesn't have to make a "statement" against CU (other than the one he's basically already going to make because we suck so bad), so I doubt we will see the pedal down much after halftime. Oregon has a much stronger SoS the rest of the year over K-State. K-State has no chance at keeping up with Oregon with the toughest game left on the schedule being Texas, also, either Florida and Bama can't both stay undefeated (plus Florida will get run by Bama if they indeed get to the SEC CCG - so there's no chance at a rematch), so all Oregon has to do is win out, and they're in.

Kelly is an enormous dick, so he might want to run up the score regardless, but he probably knows he has much more to lose keeping his starters in and risking injury than he has to gain by trying to win 98-zip.

KSU jumped Oregon in the polls. Kelly might run the score up this week.

Sorry for not making it clear - if they both win out, Oregon will easily jump KState and end up well ahead of them, regardless of whether Oregon beats us 35-0 or 98-0.

It might matter if they only beat us 31-24, but that's not going to happen, mostly because we probably won't score, and we all know Oregon will probably have at least 28 by the end of the first quarter.

I think Oregon will jump out to a very quick 35-0 or 42-0 lead, and at that point they will completely call off the dogs.

The final score could be 49-14 or even 49-21 or something, because I suspect a lot of scrub time for Oregon.

I think Oregon will make a point of beating us by more than USC... I don't think Chip Kelly will be as gracious as he was with Embree last year.

Why do people think we'll actually score? Last year we had a safety purely because Cliff Harris was dumb as a sack of rocks.

Why do people think we'll actually score? Last year we had a safety purely because Cliff Harris was dumb as a sack of rocks.

That play still pisses me off..... While this Oregon defense is much better then last years, the backups have been giving up quite a few points and they will get a fair share of playing time. I expect Colorado to score a couple of times against the backups.

ducks 84
Buffs 10

1000+ yards of offense for oregon. 7 td passes.

yes, i am serious.

Back