What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU vs CSU Game Thread

Same thing I've been saying for all the Tad years ... we simply don't have playmakers at the guard position, guys who can get to the rim and score or create for someone else. White is the only one, and even he's not that quick. ****ing CSU has 2-3 of those types. How the **** does that happen? Tad has a serious blind spot.

According to the TV guy, this is a team that can still compete for a PAC-12 championship.

Either he is blind as ****, or he has an incredibly low opinion of the PAC-12.

Same thing I've been saying for all the Tad years ... we simply don't have playmakers at the guard position, guys who can get to the rim and score or create for someone else. White is the only one, and even he's not that quick. ****ing CSU has 2-3 of those types. How the **** does that happen? Tad has a serious blind spot.
Dinwiddie is as close as you get

WELP. Not a lot to say. Weird game where during the contested part of the game, I felt we were the better team that couldn't stop shooting itself in the foot.

But the way the game continued, it felt like CSU was the better team and eventually they stepped on our throats and ran us out of our own building. Yikes.

Tad warned these guys and they still come out and play careless and no energy.

Hope they are embarrassed but probably not.Horrible loss and performance.

What can you really say about this game, team, and coaching?
So many upperclassmen and yet such little basketball IQ. How do you fix this? They turn the ball over at an alarming rate and come out slow it seems every game. They lack focus, attention to detail, and leadership.

Too much emphasis on "tweeners" and wings who rebound and have good size but lack prototypical guard skills

Saying this team is entitled or lazy ignores the fact that they're just simply not very good. The 2013-2016 recruiting classes suggested this sort of letdown year. Hopefully the 2017 class is more than ready to turn things around next year or we're headed in a not-so-good direction.

As has been said above, leadership is key, which means some upperclassmen need to be moving on (with a tip of the hat to the fact that they have served their roles well in the past). XJ is the one upperclassman who put his heart into the game tonight, despite his meager statline. I like Peters. Hopefully Tad can keep his recruiting class together.

Saying this team is entitled or lazy ignores the fact that they're just simply not very good. The 2013-2016 recruiting classes suggested this sort of letdown year. Hopefully the 2017 class is more than ready to turn things around next year or we're headed in a not-so-good direction.
I'm not one of those people that scream for coaches to be fired at the drop of a hat. IF things go downhill with this upperclassmen team, is Tad's job in jeopardy?
Bad basketball in a majority of the games so far this year.

I'm not one of those people that scream for coaches to be fired at the drop of a hat. IF things go downhill with this upperclassmen team, is Tad's job in jeopardy?
Bad basketball in a majority of the games so far this year.
I must not understand your question because what I'm reading makes no ****ing sense.

We are severely lacking a dynamic guard. Lots of good pieces but no one to break down the defense and create. White seems to have decent basketball IQ but the fact that he has been playing PG when he is clearly NOT a PG seems to be an indictment on the other guards more than anything.

Last year the offense flowed almost exclusively through Scott and we got away with it because he is a true back-to-basket player and worked well out of the double team. Wes, while a good player, IS NOT (although we seem to continue to try and run the offense through him). Unless the guard play can improve, its going to be a long year!

Also really frustrating watching King. Dude has a legit NBA body and could take over every game. Announcers were spot on in their criticism

According to the TV guy, this is a team that can still compete for a PAC-12 championship.

Either he is blind as ****, or he has an incredibly low opinion of the PAC-12.
The talent is there. Just need to find some consistency on offense

Too much emphasis on "tweeners" and wings who rebound and have good size but lack prototypical guard skills
This, all day long. We basically have one big man who can't create his own offense, one little guy who's kinda out of control and can't shoot a lick, and then 8-9 other guys that are basically the same player ... can't create (except White), so stand around and hope for an open jump shot.

King & Fortune are in offensive slumps right now. This team is not good if both of them are struggling to make shots. I think it's pretty much that simple.

We are severely lacking a dynamic guard. Lots of good pieces but no one to break down the defense and create. White seems to have decent basketball IQ but the fact that he has been playing PG when he is clearly NOT a PG seems to be an indictment on the other guards more than anything.

Last year the offense flowed almost exclusively through Scott and we got away with it because he is a true back-to-basket player and worked well out of the double team. Wes, while a good player, IS NOT (although we seem to continue to try and run the offense through him). Unless the guard play can improve, its going to be a long year!

Also really frustrating watching King. Dude has a legit NBA body and could take over every game. Announcers were spot on in their criticism
Nailed it!!!

Tad has 13 scholarships-he has used ONE since 2011 on a point guard-now that one is hurt and wasn't dynamic to begin with. He better think long and hard on the point guard position going forward and maybe find a way to add one before next season.This ship is rudderless and life less at the moment. Of course make about 5 to 7 more free throws early in the game and we probably win.

Football football football am so proud of the football team , basketball needs to put it together by conference play to have a chance @ the tourney

Back